rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jordan, buy another F
Old 04-06-13, 09:53 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After all the work I have put into my car I think it will be a sad day when I have to let her go.
Old 04-06-13, 03:56 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,975 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
...My fiance blatantly told me to not sell my F because she knows how much I care for the F (the countless hours detailing and maintaining its looks, the indecisiveness when it comes to finding that perfect parking spot so that no idiot driver would try to park close to me (especially in a practically empty lot), the constant searching of info and interacting with friends on CL, etc.). She isn't much of a car enthusiast, but knows how deeply vested I am, and that's something she feels is much more important than simply getting a car for the newborn. We aren't with child yet, but I love knowing I am with someone who can understand my affection with the IS F.
My wife said something similar when I suggested selling the Supra. I even entertained a discussion with someone I would feel good about selling my original hardtop coupe (one of only a very select few). She told me flat out - NO, you can't sell that car!

Yes, she's been a keeper for the last 13 years and likely to stay that way forever.
Old 04-06-13, 04:40 PM
t0nyep
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably selling my F soon. It's definitely a fun DD but i'm planning on getting either a 991S or a Maserati GT MC thus the F got to go.
Old 04-06-13, 04:51 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
My wife said something similar when I suggested selling the Supra. I even entertained a discussion with someone I would feel good about selling my original hardtop coupe (one of only a very select few). She told me flat out - NO, you can't sell that car!

Yes, she's been a keeper for the last 13 years and likely to stay that way forever.
Women who understand that dedication between man and car are also a select few. I wish you and your wife even continued bliss!
Old 04-06-13, 06:57 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

I WILL NEVER SELL MY ISF..lol love this car way to much and put to much money into it..lol I could of bought a gtr with the amount I spent on my car counting the car its serlf.but well worth it I think personally...4 doors and a v8 plus luxery what else could u ask for..lol imo
Old 04-06-13, 11:36 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's funny to me to see these threads. I sold my s2k to get an isf when my wife and I were expecting. I love the isf, but I truly miss my s2k. I don't expect to sell the isf as it is such a great car and I fear I'll have the same regret that I have with the s2k.
Old 04-08-13, 11:22 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

and I just saw you on automall in Fremont a few weeks back.... did you sell it to some one local?
Old 04-08-13, 01:23 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

keeping mines unless the GSF comes out with the right price!
Old 04-08-13, 02:20 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragtek
It's funny to me to see these threads. I sold my s2k to get an isf when my wife and I were expecting. I love the isf, but I truly miss my s2k. I don't expect to sell the isf as it is such a great car and I fear I'll have the same regret that I have with the s2k.
The S2K is a special car. I had one for 2 years, sold it, then bought another one 2 years after selling the first and kept that one for 3 years. I finally sold it when I bought the ISF because I never drove it anymore (not the best commuter car, especially how I had mine set up).

Now that a clean S2K with higher mileage can be had for around $10Kish I'm thinking of picking up another one to use for tracking/auto-xing. Those cars are like go-karts! Definitely the most fun car you can get right now for under $20K in my opinion.
Old 04-09-13, 01:45 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Agree with you guys on the s2k, I drive one as a daily becuase I love the handling. When I drive the F afterwards it feels very heavy but with a lot more torque.
Old 04-09-13, 02:50 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by jsl757
Agree with you guys on the s2k, I drive one as a daily becuase I love the handling. When I drive the F afterwards it feels very heavy but with a lot more torque.
My last S2K was turbocharged but I was running low boost so I still didn't even have the torque of a stock ISF. It was also pretty loud, pretty low, and prone to all the random problems you could face when you add an aftermarket turbo system to an NA car. If (and likely when) I get another one, I'm going to keep the engine bone stock and only do suspension modifications.
Old 04-09-13, 04:31 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my automotive "career", I've basically had 2 types of cars. The first type is a "no holds barred" sports car, the likes of Evos, STIs and an NB MX5. They were fun and performed well, but the compromises that they required you to accept made them terrible daily drivers.

I've also had the other spectrum - large family sedans trying to impersonate sports cars. In Australia, they used to sell a supercharged V6 version of the Toyota Camry called the TRD Aurion. While it was a comfortable cruiser with a lot of grunt, it understeered all the way to China when you pushed it hard (241kW through the front wheels).

Then came the ISF. It is the first car I have driven that requires absolutely NO compromise on my part, and still performs brilliantly on the track. Having a 2012 model means the suspension is firm but still comfortable. My wife loves it (which is a HUGE plus) because of the luxury features like memory seats, radar cruise, auto everything.

So in short, after hunting for years, I think I might have found the perfect car for me. So yes, I think I will be holding on to it for quite a while.

Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, I brought my wife out to a track day once. We fanged the car around the track and skid pan the whole day, driving like absolute lunatics. At the end of the day, I made the 50 mile drive home and my wife fell asleep soundly in the passenger's seat. It's that ability to morph from a track weapon to a comfortable cruiser that makes the car so attractive.

Last edited by AussieISF; 04-09-13 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-10-13, 08:40 AM
choiceISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my IS-F last year.
In hindsight i miss all the cars I've owned, DSM GS-T, S2K AP1, 350z, EVOX, E86, IS-F.
I picked up an 04 LS430 because I wanted a full size cheap realiable car.
The IS-F is the best overal car I have owned.
It wasn't the fastest and it wasn't the best handling, but it had the most balance and practicality without kids giving me the thumbs up.

Quick Reply: Fyi!!!!