IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Wheels on wrong side - does it matter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-13, 06:21 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine have been on wrong since I bought my car 20k miles ago. I'm only planning on putting them "right" once I get new tires.

I know the fans are designed to send air to cool the brakes but I honestly can't imagine it's so significant that my car is being slowed or hindered with them on wrong.
Old 04-09-13, 06:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation For 2008 & 2009 Samurai Blade Wheels

Just follow the recommended stampings on the inside of the wheel blades..

FL, FR, RL & RR

It's not rocket science people....

I don't tell anyone anymore, since know one appreciates having the correct info these days.. LoL

~ Joe Z
Old 04-09-13, 06:32 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if I can't read those marking through the heavy brake dust?
Old 04-09-13, 06:35 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by anxiouz
What if I can't read those marking through the heavy brake dust?
You can use your fingers to read too... The letters are raised

~ Joe Z
Old 04-09-13, 07:01 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
The more people tell me that my wheels are on the wrong side, the more I want to just leave it that way because they're bothered by it...and I like it when I'm able to bother them.
So that’s how you perceive veteran CL members giving nonchalant / casual advice to unassuming new members that their wheels are on backwards, as……“Oh….they’re bothered by it.” So because they’re bothered by it, I’m going to “just leave it that way so I’m able to bother them.”

I haven’t used this acronym in awhile, but I think this is perfect opportunity. ROTF-LMFAO!!!

You’re absolutely right, do it bro…..turn your wheels around, take some pictures, post it up here so you can “Bother them so more.”……do it please??!!! Com’on man!!

As for the wheels being backwards or not….Who the hell cares WTF you do to your car, right people? But in some cases there are actual F owners in this forum who do take the time to educate new members. Why do they care? How about this answer? Because they are good people.

Seriously, there are good and informative people in this forum who give good advice without any ulterior motives….. Yes it’s true, just plain ol’good advice without charge.

But on the other hand, no one has to convince me that there ARE others here who contribute nothing, but negative and worthless commentary at the expense of others, just to inflate their post counts so that they can be perceived as “valuable contributors” to this forum. Deep in post counts, but shallow in all others. I bet you it’s true what they say to these……they sound so “macho” and all-important on the net, but in real-life, it’s probably some insecure short and skinny kid…..nothing more to say….

Now back to the wheels, really…. When I first became a member of the IS-F forums, I had no clue that the wheels were directional. I was even more astounded to understand the design of the “blade wheels”, as tribute to the Japanese katana/sword blade. I don’t know about you, but to me, THAT IS BEAUTIFUL! I believe this lesson was given to all of us back then by JoeZ. Can anyone else name me another set of wheels with that sort of definition, as opposed to just a different design?

Since we all agree that the F (all the way up to 2013) and similar to the LFA was made not for profit, but for Lexus identity, isn’t it respectful of us as F owners to honor this fine and beautiful interpretation of the wheel by, at the very least run the wheels in the correct direction?

Sure, not everyone will agree and say, it’s just a wheel and I can sure live with that. But for some that do see beauty far beyond the actual shape of the wheel, they will not hesitate to educate new members on the directional state of the wheel. Why? Because they’re just good people, that’s all……no ulterior motive to belittle anyone, just trying to be supportive and contribute, in case the OP isn’t aware of how special the wheel is/are. My $0.02.
Old 04-09-13, 07:07 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFpat
fixed for you
Thank you, but I guess you see the word "ALL" in my sentence somewhere. Gotta get my eyes checked.
Old 04-09-13, 07:24 PM
nsx042003
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys just made me walk outside to check my wheels!

hahaha, honestly, I had no idea

I've always thought of my F as my zanbato and i feel like a shinigami driving it lol
Old 04-09-13, 07:49 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nsx042003
You guys just made me walk outside to check my wheels!

hahaha, honestly, I had no idea

I've always thought of my F as my zanbato and i feel like a shinigami driving it lol
Now you know....

The easiest way to understand is to imagine a sword/blade itself cutting into the wind. Do you want the thin end to strike first or the thick end, with respect to forward rotation.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...is-f-rims.html
Old 04-09-13, 09:59 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

This thread made me went to check my rims to make sure LH & RH were not mixed up.
Old 04-09-13, 10:33 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

What exactly do you all mean its on the wrong side? Anyone got demo pics?
Old 04-09-13, 10:40 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^Ah, look at the last post on the preceding page

Lou
Old 04-09-13, 11:07 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Most likely it was from a tire rotation where techs don't realize that each wheel is corner specific. Is it a huge difference? Aside from the odd look, I don't think so. Of course even if one does a rotation to preserve the life of their tires, the criss cross isn't applicable due to the sizes of wheels and tires. I'm due for a tire change, and my tech knows about each wheel and which side to mount. He's been giving me grief about getting rid of this whole "hoopla" and running a square set up with wheels and tires all the same. Honestly, I like the blade design too much.
Old 04-10-13, 12:09 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
So that’s how you perceive veteran CL members giving nonchalant / casual advice to unassuming new members that their wheels are on backwards, as……“Oh….they’re bothered by it.” So because they’re bothered by it, I’m going to “just leave it that way so I’m able to bother them.”

I haven’t used this acronym in awhile, but I think this is perfect opportunity. ROTF-LMFAO!!!

You’re absolutely right, do it bro…..turn your wheels around, take some pictures, post it up here so you can “Bother them so more.”……do it please??!!! Com’on man!!

As for the wheels being backwards or not….Who the hell cares WTF you do to your car, right people? But in some cases there are actual F owners in this forum who do take the time to educate new members. Why do they care? How about this answer? Because they are good people.

Seriously, there are good and informative people in this forum who give good advice without any ulterior motives….. Yes it’s true, just plain ol’good advice without charge.

But on the other hand, no one has to convince me that there ARE others here who contribute nothing, but negative and worthless commentary at the expense of others, just to inflate their post counts so that they can be perceived as “valuable contributors” to this forum. Deep in post counts, but shallow in all others. I bet you it’s true what they say to these……they sound so “macho” and all-important on the net, but in real-life, it’s probably some insecure short and skinny kid…..nothing more to say….

Now back to the wheels, really…. When I first became a member of the IS-F forums, I had no clue that the wheels were directional. I was even more astounded to understand the design of the “blade wheels”, as tribute to the Japanese katana/sword blade. I don’t know about you, but to me, THAT IS BEAUTIFUL! I believe this lesson was given to all of us back then by JoeZ. Can anyone else name me another set of wheels with that sort of definition, as opposed to just a different design?

Since we all agree that the F (all the way up to 2013) and similar to the LFA was made not for profit, but for Lexus identity, isn’t it respectful of us as F owners to honor this fine and beautiful interpretation of the wheel by, at the very least run the wheels in the correct direction?

Sure, not everyone will agree and say, it’s just a wheel and I can sure live with that. But for some that do see beauty far beyond the actual shape of the wheel, they will not hesitate to educate new members on the directional state of the wheel. Why? Because they’re just good people, that’s all……no ulterior motive to belittle anyone, just trying to be supportive and contribute, in case the OP isn’t aware of how special the wheel is/are. My $0.02.
:YAWN: oh...are you done?
Old 04-10-13, 12:23 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol that post was way way too long to read over. Dude asked a simple question and people got hurt feelings lmao!
Old 04-10-13, 12:26 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Ku Tommy and ku Huey , can we Saigonensis get along

Quick Reply: Wheels on wrong side - does it matter?