IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Question...on header's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 04:54 AM
PaulDejong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question...on header's?

Hi All, I have a question (and it might be a rerun, although i did a search but came up basically empty...nothing in the dyno section, nothing in the modification section... but i might have overlooked things? ) so please forgive me if i should have done my homework better!

I am researching into the possible (engine) bolt-on tuning options.
Intake and exhaust and headers seem to be the major things.
Now, i live in a quiet neighborhood, and i have a job that does not 'agree' with a LOUD exhaust... so to do all three is probably going to be to loud...so I was thinking about just doing the headers... cause they might give the highest gain?
(i saw the video with the different combo's.... i like the dark sound of the ISS DES exhaust a lot, especially with the headers, but i just think it might be to loud?)
The questions:
1. are there data on decibels on the different systems and combo's?
2. the soundbite-video is enlightening ...did anybody ever do something similar with dyno-results?
2a. does anybody have results of a dyno-run with headers only? (or intake-headers? intake-headers-exhaust?)

thanks in advance,
Paul
Old 05-06-13, 05:23 AM
PaulDejong
Driver School Candidate

OK, cancel this question... i found my answer! in "my ISF evolution"
(used my brain upon entering search-terms and came up with the needed answer...)

thanks anyway
Old 05-06-13, 06:21 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Headers only will be louder at start up , but then it quiets when it warms up, when riding you feel the motor more agressive but is not loud at all this mod will net 30 whp
Old 05-06-13, 06:47 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are easy on the throttle in your neighborhood it will not be loud at all with Intake/Headers/Exhaust. I know many with all the bolt ons and it only screams when they get on it. I have straight pipes (no mufflers) and no secondary cats and the car is quiet under light load. But when you get on it, different story.
Old 05-06-13, 08:38 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

I have PPE headers with a modified stock exhaust system with hi-flow cats. The thread is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-exhaust.html

There is a video and Dyno Graphs. My system makes more low end power than a straight PPE, JoeZ, no cat exhaust system, but looses out at the top end above 5600 RPM.

For the record, I have had my system for over a year now, and for me, it was the right decision. Close to stock noise levels, makes good power, no drone and I absolutely love the sound it makes.

Lou