IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tire problem, dealer responsibility ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-13, 06:04 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by toky916
! they where Potenza re050a will take pics Tommrow since work late today.

Really 2,500 was oil change. Then took it to get brakes checked 500 miles ago the car must have been on a lift ? Or they completely ignored it.
So I whent to a different lexus dealer on the way to work and the rep him self said that they should have told me by a rep or someone at the casher since the car was on the lift.
I ordered PSS today 245/35 275/30 combo anyways going Tommrow and then right to lexus to get alignment done since its under warranty. 1year or 20k for alignment

I don't want free tires or anything just seems like they could have done a better job at inspecting and notifying me about an issue . I know I'm reponsible for checking also on my part I've had a lot of thing going on at the moment and it was kinda not even on my mind that's all .
sounds like it from the thread.

you should be checking your tires weekly. its just a good habit to have. like others said wear like this you should have noticed a long time ago. while its good for the dealer to check and tell you if your tires are wearing, some simply don't care to check.
Old 05-30-13, 07:15 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
sounds like it from the thread.

you should be checking your tires weekly. its just a good habit to have. like others said wear like this you should have noticed a long time ago. while its good for the dealer to check and tell you if your tires are wearing, some simply don't care to check.

Ok dude I've had some tell me to check every week ! That was not my question was it !

There is something off when I was checking dang its not like I don't look !
But having to Change all 4 tires 12k in total life and don't think that's normal.

Like I said before I drive mostly hwy don't think messed up aliment for hwy driving.
Old 05-30-13, 07:36 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I had 30k miles on my rear RE050As with two track weekends on them before they were retired. I wouldn't say they suck on the F at all. There is an IS-F specific model and they last just fine.

That said, its pretty easy to not notice corded tires while driving. I corded my fronts at a track weekend in South Carolina, drove home to Atlanta through rain storms, and didn't realize I had a problem until I took the wheels off to put my street pads back in the calipers a few days later. Pics of those tires are in the Reconsidering the Factory Alignment thread.

You should not have corded your rear tires in just 12.5k miles. The alignment is off - the toe on that corner is set wrong. Unfortunately, if you're not really looking for unusual wear (as is typical on a low mileage car), you're not going to notice inside edge wear until you get to cords.

Good luck with getting help paying for it, IMHO, someone servicing your car should have noticed this.
Well thank you I agree they should have gone way more than 12.5k miles and yes I was not looking for unusual wear its a new car I take car of it usually only drive normal no track , no burn outs.

IMHO I don't think anyone is paying for it, I personally wanna let them know what ****ty service every issue I have with the car, headlights, brakes, rear subwoofer, takes them 2-3 times to get stuff correct ! They still can't figure out why my sub turns off . Every time I shut the car off and only will work if I go into setting and adjust the sub. Btw they replaced the sub already smh I don't know what kind of shmucks are working on cars !
And none of the reps just don't care -__- oh just keep bringing it in . It's just an
Inconvenience
Old 05-31-13, 07:55 AM
CarbonISF
Rookie

Have you considered taking it to a different dealer? I've had awesome service from Lexus generally.