IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

After 3 1/2 months my Volk G25's are in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 11:13 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

I like 'em

Lou
Old 07-15-13, 10:10 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Prism Dark Silver is a recently new finish for the G25. It isn't available in all the sizes that the other colors (Mercury Silver or Formula Silver/Black Polish). I believe for IS F fitment, the only sizing are in 19 x 8.5/9.5. Offsets depend on what how much you're wiling to go in terms of fender modification. Though the offsets aren't customizable, there are a few choices availble for the G25 Prism Dark Silver. ETA is going to be about 8-12 weeks. Still worth it IMO, and that's why I'm still waiting for my set.
Thx a lot for ur help. What finish did u get? And what size?

I just saw the 19x9.5 +45 (face 3) on a forum member ISF, and it looks nicely concave. Maybe I should go with tht set up instead of (face 2).

Do u think 275/30/19 will rub with face3 ?
Old 07-15-13, 11:11 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by roswell
Thx a lot for ur help. What finish did u get? And what size?

I just saw the 19x9.5 +45 (face 3) on a forum member ISF, and it looks nicely concave. Maybe I should go with tht set up instead of (face 2).

Do u think 275/30/19 will rub with face3 ?
I went with the Prism Dark Silver. It's a tremendous color and the spoke design will maximize the F's looks nicely. I went with 19's- 8.5 +35 (face 1) and 9.5 +45 (face 2) in the rear. I wasn't told that there were face 3 or 4 for 19s in the PDS finish, so I went with the largest concavity available. While I wish there was more of a concave look available right now for the G25 design, I'm fine with the 8.5/9.5 set up.

To answer your question about the 275s- I don't think you'll rub on stock suspension. I haven't heard any complaints from forum members with 275s, lowered on coilovers or springs, and running 9.5 in the rear. +45 is pretty conservative for the F, and very unlikely for you to rub or require a fender roll/cut of any sort.
Old 07-16-13, 07:11 AM
roswell
Pole Position

OMG, that is exactly the set-up i had in mind. Can't wait to see pics of your wheels installed.

Where did you order them from? How long have you been waiting & how much longer? What size tires are u going to run?

And what about tpms, buying new? If so, do you need to program them at the dealership?

Sorry for asking all these questions, I'm a newbie when comes to tires/wheels for this car.
Old 07-16-13, 07:48 PM
haydog
Driver

OMG, that is exactly the set-up i had in mind. Can't wait to see pics of your wheels installed.

Where did you order them from? How long have you been waiting & how much longer? What size tires are u going to run?

And what about tpms, buying new? If so, do you need to program them at the dealership?

Sorry for asking all these questions, I'm a newbie when comes to tires/wheels for this car.
Did you not see the pictures I uploaded on this thread?? Go back several pages. I transferred stock TPMS. Ordered wheels from vivid racing. I waited a little over 3 1/2 months. Running 245/35/19 up front PSS. 275/30/19 PSS out back
Old 07-16-13, 08:06 PM
ISFNYC
Driver

nice really nice
Old 07-16-13, 08:33 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Originally Posted by haydog
Did you not see the pictures I uploaded on this thread?? Go back several pages. I transferred stock TPMS. Ordered wheels from vivid racing. I waited a little over 3 1/2 months. Running 245/35/19 up front PSS. 275/30/19 PSS out back
I was asking bnizzle as he got the exact same set-up I'm looking for. I saw ur wheels pics, they look beautiful, I just didn't see more pics of the new finish other than the GT-R pics floating around the net.

As for the tpms, I want to keep the OEM on my OEM wheels, that's why I'm asking if it's possible to buy a new set & make it work on the car?
Old 07-16-13, 09:50 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

I was asking bnizzle as he got the exact same set-up I'm looking for. I saw ur wheels pics, they look beautiful, I just didn't see more pics of the new finish other than the GT-R pics floating around the net.

As for the tpms, I want to keep the OEM on my OEM wheels, that's why I'm asking if it's possible to buy a new set & make it work on the car?
haydog's wheels look amazing. The black finish really adds a nice touch to the SGM on his car. He was the one that actually convinced me to pull the trigger and get a set of my own.

And haydog is right- 3 months seems about right from payment to having them in one's physical possession. I'm going on a little over 6 weeks, knowing that they probably will arrive after our family vacation.

I will be using a new set of TPMS. I really like the blade design of the 08s and, because I'm upsizing tires, I'll leave the current set as is with the original set of TPMS mounted. The 2IS does support two sets of TPMS, which really helps. This way I can have both sensors programmed and alternate whenever I feel like.
Old 07-17-13, 08:07 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Thanks for the infos bnizzle, haydog was also my inspiration for getting the G25... just love the look on our cars.

I went to the dealership today to get more infos on the tpms, all I need to do is buy a new set (50$/each for the sensor + 5$/each for the bracket) & half an hour for programming.. so around 300$ I think it's worth to have another set of TPMS on my new wheels & keep the OEM in my OEM wheels.

I just placed my order with a local shop afterall, I didn't want to deal with exchange rate & customs taxes this time. The deal here was very good. My set up will be exactly the same as urs & haydog with 245/35/19 & 275/30/19. I wanted the Face 3 with a +42mm offset, but I was told it was not available in PDS. Post pics of your car once you get the wheels. Thx everybody for all the help!
Old 07-17-13, 09:00 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the infos bnizzle, haydog was also my inspiration for getting the G25... just love the look on our cars.

I went to the dealership today to get more infos on the tpms, all I need to do is buy a new set (50$/each for the sensor + 5$/each for the bracket) & half an hour for programming.. so around 300$ I think it's worth to have another set of TPMS on my new wheels & keep the OEM in my OEM wheels.

I just placed my order with a local shop afterall, I didn't want to deal with exchange rate & customs taxes this time. The deal here was very good. My set up will be exactly the same as urs & haydog with 245/35/19 & 275/30/19. I wanted the Face 3 with a +42mm offset, but I was told it was not available in PDS. Post pics of your car once you get the wheels. Thx everybody for all the help!
Will do, my friend!

I'm running into finding a shop to program a second set, as I'd prefer to go to a tire shop or somewhere where they can program a second set for much less. Doing the calculations, it comes out to $80 for labor, which isn't bad at all.I still have awhile before my set comes in, so I'm constantly asking shops and tire centers for their services.
Old 07-28-13, 12:00 PM
haydog
Driver

Page 2 of this thread has pictures of the G25's mounted!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-are-in-2.html
Old 07-30-13, 07:13 AM
roswell
Pole Position

^^ I've seen ur pics, thx.. once again, I was directing my pic request to bnizzle cuz i'm looking to see real life pics of the new finish (Prism dark silver), not the silver with black clear.

Some people/vendors think it's the same color, but it's different. PDS is more gunmetal.

Edit: Sorry for posting in your thread OP, I'll continue the conversation with bnizzle over PM to avoid confusion here. Thx again for being our inspiration!

Last edited by roswell; 07-30-13 at 07:30 AM.