IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

excitement to have 3rd gen F-sports eat dust!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 08:32 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like lexus should have increased the power on new 250 and 350 and not just carried over the engines..
I hope they dont put same engine in next F and bump up the power.
cadillac cts-v-sport has 420hp
Old 07-02-13, 10:43 PM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

I went to the Roseville Toyota Automall and the guy told me there's an IS 250 F Sport they just got and it's faster than the IS-F I'm asking about.

I ended that conversation rather quickly.
Old 07-02-13, 10:47 PM
QQQ
Rookie

Originally Posted by IronNam
I went to the Roseville Toyota Automall and the guy told me there's an IS 250 F Sport they just got and it's faster than the IS-F I'm asking about.

I ended that conversation rather quickly.
Hahahahahaha. I got a loaner 250 one time. I'm pretty sure that micro hybrid ct is faster.
Old 07-03-13, 06:54 AM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats funny! I have a 335i and all I have is a M3 lip spoiler and people ask me if my car is a M3. My car isn't debaged at all.

Btw do you guys get crap about the exhuast not having a direct connection? When I mention to people I'm thinking about getting an E90 M3 or IS-F they tell me "Well the IS-F has fake exhaust tips" lol
Old 07-03-13, 07:05 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CometVR4
When I mention to people I'm thinking about getting an E90 M3 or IS-F they tell me "Well the IS-F has fake exhaust tips" lol
My argument is that $200k cars such as Ferraris have the same thing.
Old 07-03-13, 07:37 AM
nonford
Rookie

Btw do you guys get crap about the exhuast not having a direct connection? When I mention to people I'm thinking about getting an E90 M3 or IS-F they tell me "Well the IS-F has fake exhaust tips" lol[/QUOTE]

Well, you may want to look at some German engineering also on this topic, along with exhaust sounds via the stereo for the pure driving experience!

Last edited by nonford; 07-03-13 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-03-13, 08:03 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Thats funny! I have a 335i and all I have is a M3 lip spoiler and people ask me if my car is a M3. My car isn't debaged at all.

Btw do you guys get crap about the exhuast not having a direct connection? When I mention to people I'm thinking about getting an E90 M3 or IS-F they tell me "Well the IS-F has fake exhaust tips" lol
Dinan exhaust for the E9X M3s has "quad exhaust", but only the outer 2 tips are functional. So suck on that one haters.

and that CTS Vsport is up there in power, has as much as the old CTS-V. but it is a boosted V6.
The BMW Msports dont get any extra power.
Old 07-03-13, 09:51 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

even some of the new mercs have the "fake" exhaust tips. same w/ the new audi RS6. i'm sure there are plenty more out there, both better and lesser cars than the F, alike. doesn't bother me.
Old 07-03-13, 02:20 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it's more common than people realize. I find it comical that that's the only fault they can find with the IS-F. I was on the prowl for a used E90 M3 for the longest time and I used to write off the IS-F until I actually ridden in one...needless to say I have a change of heart and I honestly feel the IS-F looks more aggressive and sporty than the M3.
Old 07-03-13, 09:17 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah it's more common than people realize. I find it comical that that's the only fault they can find with the IS-F. I was on the prowl for a used E90 M3 for the longest time and I used to write off the IS-F until I actually ridden in one...needless to say I have a change of heart and I honestly feel the IS-F looks more aggressive and sporty than the M3.
Yeah, and they made fun of the 8 speed trans of the F. Guess what, the new 3 series has the same number of cogs..
Old 07-05-13, 10:51 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

any 3rd gen sightings yet. i havent seen any to play with yet.
Old 07-06-13, 03:23 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The imitation doesnt bother me...some people with 250/350 just like the body kit on our cars and want that look.
F-Sport badges dont bug me either....I do the same as most other ISF owners and just turn her on and rev it a couple of times....and they know whats up.
I've been mistaken for regular IS as well and even asked "how powerful is the V6 in the ISF compared to the 350"...I laughed and popped the hood...and the "oh *****" look I get is always worth it. I know what I have... and through a few on road spankings... others now do as well.
I more so appreciate it from those that have respected performance cars like Camaro SS, M3's c63's and Vettes that say - "HEY nice car man, I never see those, nice to be rare huh"

I had a 350 before this and upgraded as many F owners did.
I think it bugged me more when people thought my 350 was a 250 or when tricked out 250's didnt respect the gangsta of my 350 and dare to run me without first checkin the size of my brakes or looking at my trunk before insulting me with that anemic sorry excuse for a V6 that can easily get smoked by ES350's
My winner for most annoying question of 2006-present: "how can I make my IS250 faster?"....Winner for best answer: "Sell it and Buy a 350" - I LOVE that answer...lmao and its so true!!!!

Yes Evo's and Sti's wanna toss with the F a lot also...thinkin maybe just maybe if they can pop that clutch and get the initial lead that they can go somewhere...from the stop light they have an initial high hope that is quickly shot down...on the highway at those speeds....I look at them like ...."really??? I dont have time to whoop on you tonight, I got grown people stuff to do" lol

Last edited by NYC ES3; 07-06-13 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-06-13, 07:59 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Yes Evo's and Sti's wanna toss with the F a lot also...thinkin maybe just maybe if they can pop that clutch and get the initial lead that they can go somewhere...from the stop light they have an initial high hope that is quickly shot down...on the highway at those speeds....I look at them like ...."really??? I dont have time to whoop on you tonight, I got grown people stuff to do" lol
haha, nice. adults here, move along please.
Old 07-06-13, 12:53 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Yeah, and they made fun of the 8 speed trans of the F. Guess what, the new 3 series has the same number of cogs..
Agreed. When the 8 speed came out, having 1 thru 5 geared so closely was completely foreign to everyone. For all the complaints about the transmission, it wasn't the transmission that was the problem, it was the driver's inability to understand it. A good example is 5th Gear's review of the IS-F.

Tiff complains about the downshift double-beep, failing to realize the beep means, "You're going too fast to downshift into that gear and you'll cook the engine, you need to spend more time learning my gears if you don't want to hear that anymore". Then he complains about the upshift beep failing to realize it mean, "Keep your eyes safely on the road, we'll let you know when you can hit the next gear". How much performance did he miss out on during his assessment of the car not understanding the gearing of the 8-speed and the significance of the beeping noises? The F got a bad introduction because of its learning curve. Sometimes being first isn't a good thing.
Old 07-08-13, 07:58 PM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

When I test drove the IS-F (I did so again, a silver 2010 at the Lexus in the Automall), I think I've grown accustomed to the IS-F so much in GT5 (I'm being serious, yes) and throttle blipping my downshifts in my W58'd hilux that having 8 gears wasn't really anything foreign. (Okay, I get it, I've fallen in love with the F's, I know what it wants from my feet!)

Honestly, just cruising around, 1-6 seems so natural and smooth. during my test drive, I never went into regular "D" mode. I just drove and paddle shifted up and down like I was rowing my manual.

on the highway, the IS-F is absolutely and absurdly comfortable. Exhaust tone is perfect. I could get groceries for DAYS if I wanted to.

Some people don't understand why Lexus has an 8 speed transmission (LS and F).

Well, when I can make use of the powerband 6 times when you do it in 4, the 5.0L will take advantage of that and pull far away.

At least the IS-F soundtrack sounds better than the M's. That deep bass note gets the heart each time.

Quick Reply: excitement to have 3rd gen F-sports eat dust!