IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Have Mod Friendly Lexus Dealership.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 05:44 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Have Mod Friendly Lexus Dealership.

Just wanted to pass on some info to my fellow F owners regarding mod friendly Lexus dealership. I have dealership that is willing to do mod work, believe or not I was able to convenience this dealership to install a set of headers onto CL members F about 4 weeks ago they are installing another set of headers on second CL members F as we speak should be ready Wednesday. There is also ISF owner coming in from two states away to have his F done as well. That now makes 3
ISF's that had headers installed in little over month. They are also willing to do suspension upgrades, exhaust installs,just about most bolt on upgrades.

The only mechanic they have working on install is there MasterTech mechanic he is one of 12 mechanic in US that have been trained and authorized to work on LFA. This Mastertech is as **** as they come but in good way lol and he's been the only mechanic that has work on my previous IS350 and now my ISF. He is extremely meticulous, and very knowledgeable and is car guy himself. I've been having discussions with MasterTech mechanic over past year regarding doing this type of work and when we had meeting with service manager and mastertech he jumped at opportunity to do this type of high performance type of work.

As many of you know there are alot shop out there that will not attempt header install on our cars, There are couple of very good high performance shops out there that will do work thats the route I took when having my headers installed. But to have Lexus Dealership that is willing to do this type of work is very rare indeed. Are they cheap know you will be charged there standard hourly rate but you get comfort of knowing that your car is being worked on by MasterTech with over 20 years experience, your car will be treated as if it were his very own vehicle you will receive outstanding Lexus customer service as well as loaner while they work on your car, both F owner received brand new GS lexus while waiting for the cars to be finished. So anyone out there looking to do some work on there F and may want dealership to do work then let me know I'll put you in touch with them.
Old 07-02-13, 08:47 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much for header install? or how long does it take him to do an install? which dealer is it?
Old 07-02-13, 09:20 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Jm lexus has been doin aftermarket work for years. They even have a deal with sikky for headers. They also warranty work.
http://www.jmcustomcreations.com/custom-services.aspx
Old 07-03-13, 07:53 AM
ISFGEORGE
Rookie

im interested in knowing the dealers exact location and what the install cost would be ?
Old 07-03-13, 08:01 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Are they charging Lexus book time on headers? I think that is like 15 or 16 hours aka like $1500+ for install alone.
Old 07-04-13, 06:09 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I paid between 500-700 I think for the install. Can't remember exact price
Old 07-06-13, 12:30 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

I hope it's not from Prestige Lexus.
Old 07-06-13, 01:54 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CUTigers
Are they charging Lexus book time on headers? I think that is like 15 or 16 hours aka like $1500+ for install alone.
WEAPON F is str8 up. I can 2nd this post hands down. They put mine in (PPE HEaders) and I dont wanna quote prices just in case the pricing is not the same for everyone depending on other factors.

All i will say is....GREAT service, GREAT hook up and the mechanic KNOWS the car and treated my F like it was... MY F...very detailed with everything.

I will say this...it was significantly less than 1500+. Its not a small job and stuff has to come out tht is in the way of installing these things...

but know that I have no CEL's at all and its running smooth as butter, Not even one snap missing, not one little plastic insert or anything, matter of fact I was missing a few and he replaced them. and even seemed offended that someone serviced the car (at another dealer)before and didnt put them back in

...sounds mean as hell and can back up tht sound with the power

She is not the fastest car on the road but DAMN sure aint the slowest.

The Dealership is proper, Weapon F is telling it like it is (thanks again man!)

Last edited by NYC ES3; 07-06-13 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-06-13, 04:01 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's lexus of Larchmont NY, enough of the suspense. One member here was charged $1000 for the install....... Go to this thread and scroll to post 50. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...installed.html

Last edited by Compthis; 07-06-13 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-06-13, 08:03 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
WEAPON F is str8 up. I can 2nd this post hands down. They put mine in (PPE HEaders) and I dont wanna quote prices just in case the pricing is not the same for everyone depending on other factors.

All i will say is....GREAT service, GREAT hook up and the mechanic KNOWS the car and treated my F like it was... MY F...very detailed with everything.

I will say this...it was significantly less than 1500+. Its not a small job and stuff has to come out tht is in the way of installing these things...

but know that I have no CEL's at all and its running smooth as butter, Not even one snap missing, not one little plastic insert or anything, matter of fact I was missing a few and he replaced them. and even seemed offended that someone serviced the car (at another dealer)before and didnt put them back in

welcome to the PPE family...
Old 07-10-13, 07:41 PM
ddcruise
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm me, I'm interested, met the tech once
Old 07-12-13, 08:03 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Sorry getting back to everyone so late I was on vac for week let me answer some of your question. It nice to have option when looking to do mods to our cars whether it's High end performance shop where I had my headers installed or Dealership. I'm just happy to have Dealership that is willing to work with us and is Mod friendly when most dealership would turn us down the moment you say aftermarket or mod. Gotta support any Dealership that is mod friendly since are even rarer than ISF it self lol. Are they cheapest no but you pay for quality, expertise and pieces of mind.

So anyone that is seriously interested in getting headers installed that may want go this route I would definitely consider this Dealership. Let me know, we can meet and drive our F down to Dealership where I will introduce you to service mgr, master tech like I have done for other [ owner that had there F done at that location. You can talk them see what there about then decide for yourself. I'm going away again next thursday this time heading off to Atlantis in Bahamas should be fun, so anyone thats wants to meet before thursday let me know or PM and I'll get back to you when I return from vac.

Originally Posted by ISFGEORGE
im interested in knowing the dealers exact location and what the install cost would be ?
Larchmont, NY

Originally Posted by CUTigers
No they are not charging Lexus book time on install anywhere between 6 to 8 hrs, each car is different you never know what problems may arise when remove major parts.

[QUOTE=crazee201;8025142]I hope it's not from Prestige Lexus.[/ It's Lexus of Larchmont

Originally Posted by lexsane
how much for header install? or how long does it take him to do an install? which dealer is it?
Read replies to question hope this helps

Originally Posted by NYC ES3

You are very welcome glad you're happy with headers they are cool Dealership with great service department they really do go extra mile at this Dealership. And thanks for breaking it down like this when it comes to price (I dont wanna quote prices just in case the pricing is not the same for everyone depending on other factors) When is modding car with aftermarket parts sometimes things don't always go as planned even though its pretty straight forward type of job it's still big deal removing and install headers. So I don't like to quote exact figures but yes the price is roughly $1000

Originally Posted by ddcruise
Pm me, I'm interested, met the tech once
PM sent
Old 05-02-21, 08:56 AM
Luck12
Driver School Candidate

Does the MasterTech mechanic at this dealership still performing headers installs?

Last edited by Luck12; 05-02-21 at 09:19 AM.