IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New to the forum. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-13, 02:01 PM
captdewalt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum. Need help

Hey guys. Names Jon and Im new to the forum but I have had an IS-F since 09. I am about to start fixing my car up and I need a little help with some parts. You guys are the experts so I figured I would try to get to know everyone on the forum. I really want to do some nice stuff to the exterior of the car. I have already ordered some 20 inch strasse forged wheels that should make it look awesome, but I also would like to tint my rear taillights, and lower the car slightly. Also, I really want to do a new exahust system and would have loved the ISS forged but I know its discontinued. Anyone have any advice on which one to get? I want it to be loud and don't mind a little drone too much. Finally, I want to do some simple engine mods like chip, tune, headers and stuff but not really sure where to search. If anyone has all the answers please let me know! Thanks guys and I hope to get to know some of you. I live in the houston area so let me know if anyone is around.
Old 07-14-13, 02:05 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the forums!

You should start here in Clublexus IS-F classifieds.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...assifieds-173/
Old 07-14-13, 02:41 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no tuning options for this car so that's a no. The joe z exhaust is amazing and I would
Highly recommend it to you if you want louder with no drone especially since you want headers. The highest quality headers are for sure PPE's. I run that Joe z/PPE setup and absolutely love it.

Lowering you have different ways you can achieve this. Either by lowering springs or coilovers. Lowering springs you can get the swift ones and coil overs a lot of us run BC's and KW V3s.
Old 07-14-13, 03:14 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Zapa covered most of it. No tuning options for this car, but almost any set of headers and exhaust that replaces your cats will net you between 400-415whp which is about the max you can expect. Whether you go PPE or Sikky for headers is a preference call... people here are happy with either or. The only thing on your list I wouldn't do is tint those tail lights.

What made you finally want to jump into the modding pool after 4+ year of being stock?
Old 07-14-13, 03:58 PM
captdewalt
Driver School Candidate

Not that I am bored with my car because I love it, but I was looking to buy a z06 corvette to tickle my fancy a bit and then decided I should just play with the F! Sucks there are no tuning products for the car. Thanks for the help guys. I am def gonna do the joe z and headers and see if that makes it feel significantly faster. Is there a good air intake I should look into? And yes I'm gonna tint the tail lights
Old 07-14-13, 04:24 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by captdewalt
Not that I am bored with my car because I love it, but I was looking to buy a z06 corvette to tickle my fancy a bit and then decided I should just play with the F! Sucks there are no tuning products for the car. Thanks for the help guys. I am def gonna do the joe z and headers and see if that makes it feel significantly faster. Is there a good air intake I should look into? And yes I'm gonna tint the tail lights
Joe Z also makes a quality intake, it retains the factory box and just replaces the restrictive intake tube. I tinted my tails as well, don't care if others don't like em I DO! I would look into Texas laws though regarding safety inspections just in case.
Old 07-14-13, 04:31 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

JoeZ also makes an intake, but intakes for this car add little to no actual horsepower. They're more for under the hood bling than anything else. And yeah, tinting the tail lights is a preference thing I guess. I'm not a fan, but of course it is your car, so who gives a rip what I think! Haha. Happy modding man. This forum has a wealth of knowledge.
Old 07-14-13, 07:03 PM
captdewalt
Driver School Candidate

Awesome, thanks for the help guys. Is the Joe Z exhaust significantly louder? I have listened to it on a bunch of youtube videos but I feel like they may not do it justice. If im gonna buy it I want it to be mean and significantly different then stock.
Old 07-14-13, 09:50 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
Joe Z also makes a quality intake, it retains the factory box and just replaces the restrictive intake tube. I tinted my tails as well, don't care if others don't like em I DO! I would look into Texas laws though regarding safety inspections just in case.
Intake is all bling in my opinion. Your tinted tails as you know are not my style, but everyone has
there thing. Some things just look better than others.

VBB road in my car after both just joe z and then after headers. I kinda forgot how loud my car actually is, but he can give more insights coming from the stock exhaust and riding in my car. I can for sure say it pulls harder especially in the 100+ area.

Awesome, thanks for the help guys. Is the Joe Z exhaust significantly louder? I have listened to it on a bunch of youtube videos but I feel like they may not do it justice. If im gonna buy it I want it to be mean and significantly different then stock.
Love how vb F squad is representing the forums!
Old 07-14-13, 10:51 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

The Joe Z/PTS exhaust is significantly louder than stock, but not in an obnoxious way. It is a sound that resonates quite well in the flesh and listening to it online simple will not do it justice. It's intoxicating, deep, and should have been the way all Fs sounded from the factory.

CL is a great place to learn about your F and get some ideas on modding and making it the way you want.
Old 07-14-13, 11:01 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want loud, go with Meisterschaft. It is quite expensive but you will get the loudness you wanted. I have Meisterschaft plus Sikky headers and it is awesome. It is relatively quiet at idle and cruising too.
This is not my car but it gives you an idea of what the exhaust sounds like. A few members on here have heard/driven my car said that it is way better than even the video

Last edited by MK4Sup_isF; 07-14-13 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-15-13, 12:27 PM
captdewalt
Driver School Candidate

Okay so I have ordered my exhaust and wheels and it should all be arriving in about 6 weeks but I was wondering about tuning. I know everyone says this car is virtually untunable, but how do we know if the car is running efficiently or not? Is there anything that can be done in terms of a tune? Also is there anything else I need for this car to make it run smooth with the mods?
Old 07-15-13, 12:36 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay so I have ordered my exhaust and wheels and it should all be arriving in about 6 weeks but I was wondering about tuning. I know everyone says this car is virtually untunable, but how do we know if the car is running efficiently or not? Is there anything that can be done in terms of a tune? Also is there anything else I need for this car to make it run smooth with the mods?
As of right now there is no tune for the car. With mods like headers and exhaust, the ecu has the ability to learn and tuned itself to the changes. There are members on this forums with 20+K miles logged with those mods. My car runs smooth as ever with headers and exhaust. Granted I only logged 1k+ miles with these mods so far
Old 07-15-13, 08:16 PM
captdewalt
Driver School Candidate

I am planning on putting the ppe headers on eventually but I am just going to get the exhaust done first. I have the DES iss forged exhaust coming which I think should be amazing, but I was wondering if I should feel a pretty good difference in power with just exhaust, and then what kind of change will I feel with both?