IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Surprising the Wife with an IS-F...Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-13, 12:17 PM
vbb

Received 198 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SatComm302
Sorry it taken me so long to update. It's been extremely hectic around our house the last several days.

The 2012, SFP Non-CPO with black interior, 12,800 miles was the leader until I saw the pics. The car ended up having different rims that were not appealing at all. The dealer was unwilling to switch out the rims, or give me a rim allowance, so it was a deal-breaker.

I ended up going with the 2012, Non-CPO SFP with black / alpine seats, with 29,000 miles, and it was a gem. It was in surpurb condition and had new Michelins. The third-party inspection came back with flying colors, so I put my plan in motion.

I took my wife to dinner and had my ES valeted. After a very nice dinner and my wife's Happy Birthday dessert, I gave my valet ticket to the attendant and waited for the fireworks. I had arranged for her new IS-F to be delivered to the restaurant that evening, so the attendant drove it up to the front, got out, and gave the keys to my wife. My wife responded, "This is SO not our car!" The attendant replied, "Well, this is the car that corresponds the ticket that your husband gave me. And, oh, and there's a note attached. It says, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

The look on my wife's face was absolutely priceless and she was totally taken by surprise. All the people outside were clapping and yelling their congratulations. I scored major brownie points and she's so excited about her new car. I'm getting a real kick out of her enjoyment. She tells me multiple times every day how much she loves her new car. I sure hope she's not expecting me to top this birthday present next year! lol

From my perspective, this car is absolutely amazing. I have never driven an IS-F before and it's so fun to drive. Yes, she's even allowed me to drive it a little and I even got to honk the horn. The power and handling are down-right addictive. I still love my ES, but I don't know how long I can hold out. His and her IS-F's may be in our future...

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. You were a big part of helping me pull off this great birthday surprise!
THIS GUY.

Seriously, what a sweet way to deliver her birthday present! Congrats to you both on a nice purchase. This is like one of those over the top "every kiss begins with Kay" mushy commercials, except we're talking about cool things like ISFs and not shiny overpriced rocks. I personally think the car you ended up with was the best of the bunch, especially because of the interior. In fact, I have actually had a few thoughts about trading my '09 ISF for a '12 or '13 ISF with Alpine interior and either Starfire or Obsidian exterior just because I like those combos so much. That Alpine interior really pops.
Old 08-01-13, 12:29 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 86 Posts

Wish some one would've gotten a picture of her "priceless" reaction... well done sir!
Old 08-01-13, 01:26 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SatComm302
Sorry it taken me so long to update. It's been extremely hectic around our house the last several days.

The 2012, SFP Non-CPO with black interior, 12,800 miles was the leader until I saw the pics. The car ended up having different rims that were not appealing at all. The dealer was unwilling to switch out the rims, or give me a rim allowance, so it was a deal-breaker.

I ended up going with the 2012, Non-CPO SFP with black / alpine seats, with 29,000 miles, and it was a gem. It was in surpurb condition and had new Michelins. The third-party inspection came back with flying colors, so I put my plan in motion.

I took my wife to dinner and had my ES valeted. After a very nice dinner and my wife's Happy Birthday dessert, I gave my valet ticket to the attendant and waited for the fireworks. I had arranged for her new IS-F to be delivered to the restaurant that evening, so the attendant drove it up to the front, got out, and gave the keys to my wife. My wife responded, "This is SO not our car!" The attendant replied, "Well, this is the car that corresponds the ticket that your husband gave me. And, oh, and there's a note attached. It says, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

The look on my wife's face was absolutely priceless and she was totally taken by surprise. All the people outside were clapping and yelling their congratulations. I scored major brownie points and she's so excited about her new car. I'm getting a real kick out of her enjoyment. She tells me multiple times every day how much she loves her new car. I sure hope she's not expecting me to top this birthday present next year! lol

From my perspective, this car is absolutely amazing. I have never driven an IS-F before and it's so fun to drive. Yes, she's even allowed me to drive it a little and I even got to honk the horn. The power and handling are down-right addictive. I still love my ES, but I don't know how long I can hold out. His and her IS-F's may be in our future...

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. You were a big part of helping me pull off this great birthday surprise!
Looks like I'll be stealing method of presenting the car in the future
Old 09-21-13, 09:10 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Looks like I'll be stealing method of presenting the car in the future
I second that. Very creative surprise. A camera phone video would have been priceless but may have been a tell. Brilliant in any regard!
Old 09-23-13, 02:59 PM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all your kind words and encouragement.

I did have my camera phone out and on video, but got nervous and had to abort when the car was slightly delayed getting to the front. You're right, you can only stall for so many seconds when your wife thinks you're trying to take a picture of her and you're actually trying to video