IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISS Forged Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-13, 11:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Oh, and since the OP asked, the Ti tips have been shown to wear off so that pretty blue/purple/green burnt look doesn't last..
It doesn't have to if applied properly. Last last car was a G35 Coupe with headers and an Invidia full dual exhaust. It had TI burnt tips, and looked good as new on the day I sold it

Lou
Old 07-29-13, 02:34 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
What about the QES exhaust justifies the $2650 price tag?
If I can figure out what Magnaflow muffler they use im just going to build my own exhaust.
Old 07-30-13, 11:08 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat as a few of you. Def want an exhaust, ISS I like but not some much the price tag, joeZ is nice but I haven't heard back from JoeZ (PM him) a while ago.
Old 07-31-13, 05:53 AM
r45t4m4n
Driver School Candidate

I understand that a big part is power:money, but for an exhaust a large part of it is the sound and I am sorry but from videos I have seen the borla and joez exhaust with headers just don't sound complete to me. I they sound hollow and weak (this is based on videos and not in person encounters). I have listened to quite a few videos and based on the sound I have ruled them both out on my list of exhausts.

Seeing as there are so little performance mods for this car I feel perfectly fine splurging on an expensive exhaust if it sounds awesome. It is not a cheap car to begin with; hell on the M3 the go to exhaust is Akrapovic and that is 6k new.

That being said I think I want a meisterschaft exhaust, I would forever regret it if I settled for another exhaust based on price when I know I could have afforded an exhaust I personally think sounds perfect.
Old 07-31-13, 06:25 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I couldn't justify the $1000+ price tag for exhausts on the F, so I deleted my 2nd cats and mufflers...I get compliments all the time, but more importantly it makes me happy. I know ISS had a DES axle-back in the works, but that was a pipe dream (pun intended). Would have sounded awesome with no 2nd cats and an aftermarket axle-back, especially with the true dual tips.
Old 07-31-13, 06:49 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was one of many that followed their axle back thread closely... too bad they didnt follow through with production, im more than sure they would of sold 10 sets easy at release. oh well
Old 08-02-13, 04:13 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
I'm in the same boat as a few of you. Def want an exhaust, ISS I like but not some much the price tag, joeZ is nice but I haven't heard back from JoeZ (PM him) a while ago.
Luis at Carson Toyota should be able to answer any questions you have and tell you if any are in stock. Just give him a call!
Old 09-25-13, 09:09 AM
mikedtrd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone who ordered one of these "last batch" ISS exhausts actually receive theirs yet? I ordered mine back in May and still waiting...
Old 09-25-13, 09:16 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedtrd
Has anyone who ordered one of these "last batch" ISS exhausts actually receive theirs yet? I ordered mine back in May and still waiting...
What? That's awful! You sir have a lot of patience

Digger08
Old 09-25-13, 09:38 AM
mikedtrd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by digger08
What? That's awful! You sir have a lot of patience

Digger08
Ya I'm not overly impressed so far... really wish Greddy still produced their exhaust system!
Old 09-25-13, 10:12 AM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedtrd
You need to call them and get a refund if you have been waiting since May. When I ordered my exhaust from them it took maybe 6-7 weeks and it was at my front door.
Old 09-25-13, 10:16 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since May?!?! Forget that!
Old 09-25-13, 10:23 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got mine used in perfect condition for less than half the price and less than a week of buying it. lol timing is everything.
Old 09-25-13, 10:24 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFpat
I got mine used in perfect condition for less than half the price and less than a week of buying it. lol timing is everything.
I concur with this
Old 09-25-13, 11:08 AM
awkkwrd
Rookie

Wish i could find a used ISS QES. Bought Joe z instead but still waiting for it to get to carson.. Anyone have a QES for sale by any chance? :P

Quick Reply: ISS Forged Exhaust