Originally Posted by melbitoast
Looks a bit like the Hyundai Genesis...
At $75-80k it's no Hyundai.
Old 08-27-13, 12:18 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Yeah ROK logic is pretty funny. Toyota is in the business to make money. If setting a slightly lower price than its competitors results in much larger sale numbers, why change the fomular? Especially they still can deliver just as great or even greater products. They can potentially make more profit with volume sale, which is ultimately the point of a business.
Exactly, not to mention if the RC-F keeps a V8 (which it looks like it will) it is going to steal BMW customers over from the upcoming M4. Lots of guys over on the E9X M3 forums that still want a V8.
Old 08-27-13, 05:03 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RCM83
What? I could give a rat's *** if people don't take it seriously....plenty of people on the road haven't taken the F seriously until they are in my rear view. Are you suggesting you would rather pay more so people "take it seriously"
Well...there is F-sport fever in my area--exactly what Lexus wants the true F line up to spur in the market place. That means they sell the ISF/RCFs at a low price and make it up on volume with the other lines.
Old 08-31-13, 08:33 AM
ejbmejia20
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default new F

Originally Posted by RCM83
What? I could give a rat's *** if people don't take it seriously....plenty of people on the road haven't taken the F seriously until they are in my rear view. Are you suggesting you would rather pay more so people "take it seriously"
I thing keep it in the 70k range will be a good selling for the new F
Old 08-31-13, 11:02 AM
MllG0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As if we couldn't get enough...

Source: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/2015...#axzz2dZRQstO7
Old 08-31-13, 12:25 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Yeah ROK logic is pretty funny. Toyota is in the business to make money. If setting a slightly lower price than its competitors results in much larger sale numbers, why change the fomular? Especially they still can deliver just as great or even greater products. They can potentially make more profit with volume sale, which is ultimately the point of a business.
Isf was a huge sales success

Lol if u don't know don't talk about it
Old 08-31-13, 12:44 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ROK

Really..??? Where are your facts to back up this post..???

Have you compared sales numbers from 2008 to 2013..!!?? (I have)

I'm not trying to knock on you, but seriously your last dozen or so posts are just bananas..

~ Joe Z
Old 08-31-13, 01:21 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

So you seriously think ~600 units sold worldwide in 2011 is a sales success buddy? The fact that you can still find 2012s on lots new and untitled right now is a car in demand? U think the isf is rare because toyota artificially kept volume low like the lfa?

Cmon dude. You're not this stoopid. Right?
Old 08-31-13, 01:53 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK

I'm not talking the sale number of the ISF, I'm talking about Lexus's business goal. Other than their LFA, their cars have always been lower loaded than their German counter parts. First generation F sale number is expected. They are new to the sport sedan scene. First gen cars always have to prove themselve first before the general public is ready to buy large number. Look at their original LS. Don't tell me that they rather sellin smaller numbers at higher price. It had always been the other way other than their Halo LFAs
Old 08-31-13, 01:55 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK
So you seriously think ~600 units sold worldwide in 2011 is a sales success buddy? The fact that you can still find 2012s on lots new and untitled right now is a car in demand? U think the isf is rare because toyota artificially kept volume low like the lfa?

Cmon dude. You're not this stoopid. Right?
So by your logic, marking the price even higher will help them sale and make money??
Old 08-31-13, 02:03 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Obviously compete on features, functions, specs. Let lexus reputation for reliability shine. Price in line with others. Maybe even charge more but bring the value as they always have

Lfa proved lexus is putting money where mouth is. Isf as well. M4 priced same as rcf? Even rcf a bit more I'm leaning to lexus side everyday. There is no need to discount any longer. No more apologists pls. Toyota engineering is tops. Save for porsche there is no other mass producing brand I trust like lexus.

Isf is the turning point. Usher in a new era. Sell more F cars so we don't have to deal with backyard garage parts engineering. This is what makes 911 ownership so special. The "apps".
Old 08-31-13, 02:18 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK
Obviously compete on features, functions, specs. Let lexus reputation for reliability shine. Price in line with others. Maybe even charge more but bring the value as they always have

Lfa proved lexus is putting money where mouth is. Isf as well. M4 priced same as rcf? Even rcf a bit more I'm leaning to lexus side everyday. There is no need to discount any longer. No more apologists pls. Toyota engineering is tops. Save for porsche there is no other mass producing brand I trust like lexus.

Isf is the turning point. Usher in a new era. Sell more F cars so we don't have to deal with backyard garage parts engineering. This is what makes 911 ownership so special. The "apps".
Still too early to do that, maybe in 3rd generation. The F just caught up with BMW in term of performance/lap time after the mid way refresh. In a business sense to me, it is much safer for gen 2 be able to best or beat the M3/4 performance while still being a better value (lower price) car. It's easier for the skeptical public to buy more. Setting higher price than competitors that been in the game for 20 years ahead too quickly will not help with sales. The more cars they can churn out in 2nd gen, the more converts they can win over. By 3rd gen, they can raise the price and brag about performance numbers plus sale numbers all together. I don't know if my thinking is logical or not to others but it makes sense to me.

This is not a money loosing showcase excersize 500 cars total LFA. The F lineup needs to make them money. One money loosing LFA is enough to showcase what they can do, no need for the rest to be a limited number production car that also lose more money

Last edited by MK4Sup_isF; 08-31-13 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-31-13, 03:12 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Not too early. Life is short. My toyoda ain't gettin any younger. It's time to play. No need to discount off of M pricing. Just deliver on specs, show quality and buyers will be there. This isn't the first time they've been in this enthusiast market. First time having a true halo car though in the lfa nurburgring edition.

I'm one of these converts they worked so hard to win over. There are others. Are there enough to build upon? TBD.
Old 08-31-13, 03:32 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK
Not too early. Life is short. My toyoda ain't gettin any younger. It's time to play. No need to discount off of M pricing. Just deliver on specs, show quality and buyers will be there. This isn't the first time they've been in this enthusiast market. First time having a true halo car though in the lfa nurburgring edition.

I'm one of these converts they worked so hard to win over. There are others. Are there enough to build upon? TBD.
2011+ did comparing to the M and still didnt help woth the crappy sale. Unfortunately, enthusiasts like members of this ISF forums are not enough to make them any profit yet. That's why sale number is still pathetic. This is the car that needed to be appeal to the mass of the segment, not just the few hardcore enthuthiasts. Attractive price still ultimately get them more sales since the hardcore performance enthuthiast would still be buying regardless. It's the middle of the road Joes that they need to win over to help out with the volume. It cost on adverage 2 billions bucks to create model, better be selling to more than just few in order to build for the future. It is a business after all
Old 08-31-13, 07:01 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK
Lol what did u say?

Isf is NOT the rcf. Rcf is going to be a lot more car than the isf which was hamstrung by its is roots. 2011 was a mid-cycle refresh buddy. As outdated as the offsets u recommended me
Good for you bro! I'm excited to see your magical unicorn powered HRE wheels

Quick Reply: 2015 new IS F coupe