IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

German Performance -> Japanese Performance Convert?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 11:37 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Not sure what everyone else thinks, but I am really loving this car, http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/12/2...w-first-drive/

Not sure where Jaguar sits as far as reliability, and yes, it isn't the fastest for the price, but damn it's good looking, IMO.
I'm sure the RS is a beast, but I drove a supercharged F before choosing the ISF. The Jag felt like a boat, no excitement, the ride so isolated I felt I was watching it on TV. I was very disappointed.
Old 08-13-13, 12:41 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
if you're bored with the ISF, youre going to be bored with anything audi save for perhaps the R8 which i'm not into as it has zero pedigree.

get the 911 GT3. prices are going up. your audis are going to tank just like the AMG models. i want the 991 gt3 bad.
Who the hell gives a **** about pedigree? Why would you even care? The R8 is a fantastic car.
Old 08-14-13, 03:18 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tgui
Who the hell gives a **** about pedigree? Why would you even care? The R8 is a fantastic car.
Its weak sauce and lame unless you get the V10 though
Old 08-14-13, 05:57 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CUTigers
Its weak sauce and lame unless you get the V10 though
Same argument goes for the Lexus IS, weak sauce and lame unless you get the V8 version. No **** sherlock!
Old 08-14-13, 08:45 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I wouldn't kick a V8 R8 out of bed... it is still a sexy car, and fast enough to get you in trouble. Yes, the V10 is better, but it isn't like the V8 worthless.

That said, these cars are not nearly as rare as I would have thought. Just for fun, I did a search nationwide for used R8s between 2008-2010, and came up with 108 cars for sale. Much more of a common car than the ISF. I wouldn't have thought that the ISF would win out over the R8 in exclusivity, but I guess if I really think about it, I've seen more R8s on the road than random ISFs (not counting the meets that I've been to of course).
Old 08-14-13, 09:09 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbb
I wouldn't kick a V8 R8 out of bed... it is still a sexy car, and fast enough to get you in trouble. Yes, the V10 is better, but it isn't like the V8 worthless.

That said, these cars are not nearly as rare as I would have thought. Just for fun, I did a search nationwide for used R8s between 2008-2010, and came up with 108 cars for sale. Much more of a common car than the ISF. I wouldn't have thought that the ISF would win out over the R8 in exclusivity, but I guess if I really think about it, I've seen more R8s on the road than random ISFs (not counting the meets that I've been to of course).
I'd be fine with a V8 one as well. The recent Top Gear that pitted the R8 vs 458 and McLaren was enlightening. The 458 ate itself alive on a dirty track destroying body parts and the McLaren had issues with paint chipping as well. The R8 soldiered on the whole episode without any issues. It just seems to be a car you could live with on a daily basis, much like the ISF, not withstanding 2 vs 4 doors, trunk and whatnot.
Old 08-14-13, 09:30 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

I'd be fine with a V8 one as well. The recent Top Gear that pitted the R8 vs 458 and McLaren was enlightening. The 458 ate itself alive on a dirty track destroying body parts and the McLaren had issues with paint chipping as well. The R8 soldiered on the whole episode without any issues. It just seems to be a car you could live with on a daily basis, much like the ISF, not withstanding 2 vs 4 doors, trunk and whatnot.
I saw that one, pretty awesome episode.. I still wouldnt take a V8 one. I dont even care for the looks of them in general. The 458 and McL are so much more interesting and pretty to me. I would spend my money on a GTR or a sweet porsche before a V8 R8, or maybe even R8 in general considering the V10 Plus starts at 170k in the same range as a P Turbo S .

Last edited by CUTigers; 08-14-13 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-14-13, 12:29 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CUTigers
I saw that one, pretty awesome episode.. I still wouldnt take a V8 one. I dont even care for the looks of them in general. The 458 and McL are so much more interesting and pretty to me. I would spend my money on a GTR or a sweet porsche before a V8 R8, or maybe even R8 in general considering the V10 Plus starts at 170k in the same range as a P Turbo S .
Good points.

Personally I have a seriuos hard on for the McLaren. WOW! I'd have to off my father in law to get his company, sell company and then buy the McLaren. Well, the wife would have to be in on it and she likes the LFA more than the McLaren.
Old 08-14-13, 01:32 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

At ease, solider. I care.
Old 08-14-13, 01:46 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I was like ROK and owned a 997 GT3 I wouldn't care about anything else either
Old 08-14-13, 02:39 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Haha yeah... a 997 GT3 and then an ISF as a daily is pretty much my dream garage. Maybe throw in a LX570 for the wife and we're done.

As much as I like exotic cars, I just couldn't picture myself driving around a Ferrari or Lambo around the local streets. Maybe if I lived in LA or NYC where that sort of thing wouldn't look borderline ridiculous, but here, it'd look a bit silly. There's definitely money in this area, I see a fair amount of Bentley's, Rolls, and some other expensive rides... but at least those cars have some function as a legitimate car you might take the family around in or drive to work if need be. Something about a Ferrari screams excess, and well, that's just not my style. The 911 GT3 is a real car guy's car, and yet doesn't look over the top.
Old 08-15-13, 11:28 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Not sure what everyone else thinks, but I am really loving this car, http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/12/2...w-first-drive/

Not sure where Jaguar sits as far as reliability, and yes, it isn't the fastest for the price, but damn it's good looking, IMO.
FORD builds Jag - so there you go. I need not comment further on reliability
Old 08-15-13, 06:53 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Well the sad thing is that Jags reliability increased tremedously after Ford bought them! FWIW I'd rock a new Boss or F150 V6 Turbo. Ford has done a great job with their recent lineup.

Then again I still like the quirky GT 90 concept from Ford, so my taste in general is suspect

German Performance -> Japanese Performance Convert?-tkylokm.jpg
Old 08-15-13, 07:45 PM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
I thought Jag was sold to Tata?
Old 08-15-13, 08:19 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

If the RC_F is gonna take forever to come out or it really is going to be over 70k.. I might get a new C7 Z51 in red and have is hennessey tuned. 12k you get 600bhp. 18K you get 700bhp 0-60 in 3.3 seconds.
Its kinda growing on me.

Quick Reply: German Performance -> Japanese Performance Convert?