IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Respect From Our Peers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 08:26 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the girls at the bikini car wash were digging the F!
Old 08-13-13, 09:01 PM
powermungr
Rookie

I really have to say I have been really surprised with the amount of attention the car gets around southern CA. Nothing but thumbs up and great compliments so far from LA to San Diego.
Old 08-13-13, 11:56 PM
kdm
Pole Position

I should start paying more attention for signs when I'm on the road..
Old 08-14-13, 12:07 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Today coming home from work, there was this Genesis coupe in front of me at a traffic light. He took off like a bat out of hell when the light turned green. Either he saw me in his rear view (ISF's fanged bumper??) or he just insisted on driving like a dbag.

Regardless, for the sake of my story, we'll assume it was because he felt the presence...
Old 08-14-13, 03:09 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexsane
the girls at the bikini car wash were digging the F!
Screw street racing, this is more my style

Originally Posted by gshyu
Today coming home from work, there was this Genesis coupe in front of me at a traffic light. He took off like a bat out of hell when the light turned green. Either he saw me in his rear view (ISF's fanged bumper??) or he just insisted on driving like a dbag.

Regardless, for the sake of my story, we'll assume it was because he felt the presence...
lol, at the track last friday one of my is350 friends raped the boosted genesis every single time.

More asians than anyone stare at my car as I drive by in shopping centers lol
Old 08-14-13, 10:54 AM
Polkman
Driver

The guy who dyno'd my car thought I drove an is350... He was even more in shock when I requested to dyno in 6th... /facepalm
Old 08-14-13, 01:36 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove an F last night (Matador Red) and caught someone taking pictures of the car at a stoplight.

Unfortunately the numbers weren't right in the end so couldn't make a deal but for second I thought I was driving an exotic.
Old 08-14-13, 05:00 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CometVR4
I test drove an F last night (Matador Red) and caught someone taking pictures of the car at a stoplight.

Unfortunately the numbers weren't right in the end so couldn't make a deal but for second I thought I was driving an exotic.
You were driving an exotic.
Old 08-16-13, 03:02 PM
gshyu
Rookie

Did a little back and forth with an Evo 9 on the freeway. Wasn't racing, it was more "follow the leader". Evo 9s with bolt-ons are FAST (but ticking timebombs...), so I dared not mess with him.

At the gas station, there was a GTI packed full of teenagers. One kept a constant stare on my car even as they pulled off.

Noticed that among the IS crowd, a lot more looks come from IS350s than 250s. My thinking is because the ones who knew enough to get the 350 probably wanted the F, but couldn't fit it into their budget.

Good times!
Old 08-17-13, 01:50 AM
cmsal168
Rookie

A couple of years ago, I was at a gas station in Massachusetts near Westover ARB pumping gas into the F. While doing so, three males in their teens approached me running and pointing in my direction. Being from NJ, I thought I was about to get jumped. I reached into my pocket and got ready for a fight. But to my relief, the teens were excited to see the F up close and just started asking questions about it. I continued pumping gas and entertained their questions. That experience made me feel good in three ways: it felt good to own a very special car, I didn't get jumped and most of all the teens didn't get hurt because of what I was prepared to do.

I've had many other experiences involving our F but none as memorable as that.
Old 08-17-13, 04:00 AM
2012ISF
Driver

So Im in my new neighborhood I moved into and went into a different residential area. I see this cute girl with 2 guys, I stare at her then I see the guys give me this not so friendly stare down. Turns out as Im passing I hear them actually staring at the car and saying "there's an ISF" I thought I was gonna have a violent confrontation but in the end they were nut hugging the F.
Old 08-18-13, 10:10 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Friday I had to drive thru Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens... to pick up a friend...in Brooklyn one of the gas station attendants comes up to me and asks 250 or 350? I said neither and point to the F emblem on the fender. He gives it a weird look and then goes "Ohhhhh! IS-F huh!". I then had to explain the differences between the F and 250/350 (fenders, bigger engine, etc). Then in Manhattan a guy in a bicycle stopped next to me and asked "Why not M3, it comes in coupe and sedan"....I said Lexus is #1 for reliability, this is why (revved engine)....then he says "ok no more questions". I told him I respect everyone's choice in cars and we went on our own way. Another guy in a SRT8 Jeep 2013 chatted with me at the stoplight as well, he had the 600hp Hennessey version. The girl I picked up was like "I love the attention this car gets!"....this was all in ONE DAY.

In all honesty, I don't think M3 / C63 / S4 and even certain exotics would get this much attention......we are all blessed to have this car.
Old 08-18-13, 10:47 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Friday I had to drive thru Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens... to pick up a friend...in Brooklyn one of the gas station attendants comes up to me and asks 250 or 350? I said neither and point to the F emblem on the fender. He gives it a weird look and then goes "Ohhhhh! IS-F huh!". I then had to explain the differences between the F and 250/350 (fenders, bigger engine, etc). Then in Manhattan a guy in a bicycle stopped next to me and asked "Why not M3, it comes in coupe and sedan"....I said Lexus is #1 for reliability, this is why (revved engine)....then he says "ok no more questions". I told him I respect everyone's choice in cars and we went on our own way. Another guy in a SRT8 Jeep 2013 chatted with me at the stoplight as well, he had the 600hp Hennessey version. The girl I picked up was like "I love the attention this car gets!"....this was all in ONE DAY.

In all honesty, I don't think M3 / C63 / S4 and even certain exotics would get this much attention......we are all blessed to have this car.
Haha! Sweet! Cool story, bro! (Literally)
Old 08-18-13, 11:02 AM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sometimes I'll hop on the freeway and do 65mph in the slow lane just to watch my side mirror as other drivers go past me. I would say a solid 90%, and sometimes 100%, of drivers give her a long hard look. This simple amusement helps me to pacify the buyers remorse.
Old 12-26-13, 12:58 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Finally saw someone taking photos of my car (from behind, saw through rear view mirror).
I mean, this F ain't no Koenigsegg! It's surprising to see someone taking photos of the F. Must be the rare-factor :P
A truly special car..

Quick Reply: Respect From Our Peers