IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Injector Maintenance Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 03:14 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

lol Yeah I agree I shouldn't have taken the pic at that speed, but I was in the industrial area and with 6 lanes and no traffic I took a stupid risk.

But anyway coming back to your question. No all dealerships here are the same, each one is just as bad as the other.

I've actually already put in the Gunk Fuel System cleaner last week and went through my fuel tank and car seems fine.

Last night I added Liquimoly valve cleaner and so far car is running fine.

My issue is now I've realized that our petrol/gas here that we fill up with is one of the worst fuels around.

Even though I'm in KSA the oil producing capital of the world we actually get the crappiest oil to fill our cars with.

So in turn sometimes we end up filling with a mixture of gas and water or gas and dirt.

So I need something that I can do myself from time to time to keep the injectors and internals of the engine clean.

I can fill up with 103 octane (which I did last week) but it is not economical as it costs a lot and cant be used every day.
Old 04-16-14, 08:11 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

This is exactly what I told you....

A scheduled reminder for your region / spec

Just like our oil maintenance light comes on every 5,000 miles ..

We can change it to 7,500 or 10,000 miles too.. But not many know that.

Joe Z

Originally Posted by Defratos
Well I went to the dealers yesterday, showed them the injector maintenance light and the tech told me "ohh yea they should have switched that off when you came in for maintenance."

I told him my car came in for service 3 weeks back and there were no signs.

So anyway he got into my car, kept pressing the brake and switching the lights on and off (certain procedure) and took off the warning sign.

I asked him why did it come up? is it from bad gas? and he just said no "it just comes up and you have to switch if off"

what a bunch of bs.

Does anyone know of an easy way for cleaning the injectors?

could I just top off my fuel tank with those additives that supposedly clean your engine? like the items below?:

Old 04-17-14, 07:47 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe Z
This is exactly what I told you....

A scheduled reminder for your region / spec

Just like our oil maintenance light comes on every 5,000 miles ..

We can change it to 7,500 or 10,000 miles too.. But not many know that.

Joe Z
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your input. It seems you are correct....but if that is the case then would you think that there is some sort of a "maintenance" done to the injectors themselves?

I have a feeling that nothing is done to the injectors, I guess I'll find out if the light comes back on in the near future.

Thanks for the help and advice
Old 04-17-14, 08:35 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Defratos
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your input. It seems you are correct....but if that is the case then would you think that there is some sort of a "maintenance" done to the injectors themselves?

I have a feeling that nothing is done to the injectors, I guess I'll find out if the light comes back on in the near future.

Thanks for the help and advice
You will probably see this light come back on every 10,000 km..

Nothing done.. More than likely the dealership adds the injector cleaner to a Full Fuel tank..

Migh be best to ask your service advisor or his manager if he doesnt know..

~ Joe Z
Old 04-17-14, 09:44 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If it is a mantinance reminder I would think there should be mention of it in the owners manual. Have you checked the book?
If it is a dealer service item your regions version of TIS should have some info about it that a tech. could print for you to read.
If it was a DTC type warning I would think that there would be an actual DTC and check engine light when the message appears.

I would also guess that it is a service reminder and there is some literature that goes along with it in the manual or TIS.
Old 04-26-14, 05:31 AM
Defratos
Racer

Looks like you're right RCB, I checked the manual and low and behold it had it:

Seems like they simply put in some injector cleaner and re-set the light, and as stated it's only for GCC countries.

Name:  inj_zps521f5c51.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  29.2 KB

Last edited by Defratos; 04-26-14 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-26-14, 06:59 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

I found this on an Arabic Toyota site:
I finally managed to reset the " Injector maintenance required " warning message for 2013 Lexus GS350 as follows. 1- Set the parking brake (parking brake on, if in auto mode do nothing) . 2- Head lights OFF. 3- Shift lever on "P" position. 4- start the car Engine. 5- Turn the headlights ON (not auto mode) 6- press the Brake pedal 4 times. 7- Turn the headlights OFF. 8- press the Brake pedal 4 times again. 9- Turn the headlights ON ( not auto ) again. 10- press the Brake pedal 4 times again. 11- Turn the headlights OFF. 12- press the Brake pedal 4 times ( last one) The warning sign and message should disappear. Good Luck.
Old 04-26-14, 08:15 AM
Defratos
Racer

Yeah when I took it to Lexus that's what the tech did, he got in my car and did similar steps to the above and the light went off.

The disappointing thing is the tech didn't put in any injector cleaner or anything, when I asked him why does the message come up, he simply said ohh it just comes on every now and then and you have to re-set it.

I specifically asked him, don't the injectors need cleaning or anything and he said no.

Now this is the level of service we have here in the middle east.....basically crap.
Old 04-26-14, 11:17 AM
9aristo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's like that oil maintenance warning... If it were an issue, it would have it's own dash light dude.
Old 04-26-14, 11:30 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

A can of B-12 Chemtool into your gas tank prior to refuel will help clean up your fuel system.
It's potent, as in that the B-12 itself is a very strong solvent. I've used it to clean gunk and it cuts faster than other advertised product.
That's why they have you put it in first so when you fill up, it mixes well so it cleans throughout your whole tank's use. Up to 20 gallons, if I'm correct.

No other current product I've seen on the shelves has this much impact than B-12 itself.
Dad was a strong believer in Techron and all that.
After I left for the AF, no one really maintained the vehicles back home, so I get myself a few cans for $3-4 (usually no more than $4. O'reilly's might have these on sales sometimes.) and dump one into each vehicle. Mom and sis doesn't know why the Odyssey and Camry's are running so damn well.

Much cheaper than that "SeaFoam" stuff, which is oil based. that stuff leaves an oily residue... I'm good, no more buildup, please.

I'm pretty sure the injectors running at the PSI they're at (low and high) are enough to utilize an extra clean.
Old 04-26-14, 05:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by yjk1975
My bet is some bad gas. Probably run through this tank and clear the code.
my bet too
Old 04-27-14, 12:54 AM
Defratos
Racer

Hmm we don't have B-12 Chemtool here. We only have the above pictured products.

IronNam, looking at the B-12 reviews and sites it seems like a potent cleaner.

Do you use this regularly with no issues in your ISF?

I'll see if I can get my hand on some.

Last edited by Defratos; 04-27-14 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-27-14, 07:21 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I've always depended on
BG44K BG44K
for the bad engines. It's the most expensive and it beats them all by a large margin. I've seen rough idling smoothed in a few minutes with it. Techroline works too, but not as fast. I've never used Berryman's stuff mostly because the professionals I've talked to never mention it.
Old 04-28-14, 05:27 AM
Defratos
Racer

Thanks Lobuxracer, have you ever tried BG44K on your ISF before?
Old 04-28-14, 05:53 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

No, I haven't needed it in some years. I had the injectors on my Supra cleaned and balanced by RC Engineering, so I really haven't had anything with enough miles to be worried about it.

Quick Reply: Injector Maintenance Light