IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hello CL $$ to spend on mod ASAP Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-13, 05:16 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Hello CL $$ to spend on mod ASAP Help Please

Hey CL my name is Alex, I should be finalizing my deal on a 09 SFP. I wanted to say Hi and look forward to meeting more new car fanatics. I'm located in SoCal. Previous car go from a Charger R/T, 470whp Evo X, Mazdaspeed3, G35 etc... So with that in mind I have some funds saved up to start buying mods right away. It looks like we have some forum vendors here local Lexus dealer (l-tuned), figs etc... So I need to get a lot of stuff quickly because I'm fired up. Here is my list mod feel free to point me to shops, vendors, meets, cruises anything that would make me enjoy my ISF even more!!! Thanks for checking out my first thread.

Mod list:
Coilover Suspension
Work or Rotiform Wheels
2010+ LSD
PPE Headeds
Exhaust maybe borla or joe z (want titanium tips) novel/greddy too much
Some paint touch up to bumpers(any SoCal paint shops that can paint sfp 100% perfect to a picky eye)
Paint brembos yellow
Maybe roof spoiler
Intake
Hid fogs
Led interior

Any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Feel free to pm as well

Alex
Old 08-25-13, 05:49 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 107 Posts

welcome! glad to have you here.
since you're fast to jump to mod discussion, I'll do the same about 'engine performance' mods.

only two existent mods to boost whp performance on ISF: headers & exhaust. some go completely catless, some retain the secondary cats after the exhaust mani/headers.

options: sikky/ppe headers (can't go wrong with either, I have sikky, 100% happy; it's all in the install);
exhaust: joe-z, borla, cat/muffler deletes, iss forged (discontinued but doesn't hurt to contact them)...those are the most viable options for exhausts (availability and cost). I have an iss qes exhaust, and it is LOUD...most people go with joe-z.
for intakes, just get a joe-z/hps pipe: intake = engine bling anyway--the isf stock intake system is too great to replace.
that's all for performance mods unless you have a non-USDM ISF (jdm ISFs have been reportedly tuned)!

good luck and happy modding!...
what an easy car to mod
Old 08-25-13, 05:56 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Buy a 2010+ LSD.
Old 08-25-13, 06:08 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PPE headers get them from Figs, he's a vendor on this forum. If u go JoeZ route hit up Luis at Carson Toyota. (lsalazar@carsontoyota.com) Last contact info I had for him. Be sure to ask if they are in stock or how long the wait will be for one just do you know when to expect it. Borla can be had on eBay or Amazon for a great price. I have the JoeZ exhaust/PPE header combo and love the sound/quality out of both pieces. If I could afford Greddy I would as I would like Ti tips as well but just not worth it unless ur ballin lol.

Plenty of research/debate on here to do about intakes. From most research it seems most intakes actually reduce the cars power and is mainly just for sound. Best route seems to be either Stock or JoeZ tube intake or HPS silicone intake tube with a drop in filter from Toms or aFe. JoeZ intake can also be had from Luis@Carson as well. HPS intake can be bought on eBay, Amazon or from the vendor Figs.

I got my roof spoiler from eBay for around $100 shipped painted and its holding up well so far (Paint wise). Just had to re-3M it tho just to make sure it stays on well.

I got my interior LED kit from Precision LED. A lil pricey but I have had no problems so far at all with the bulbs. Puddle lights for under the side mirrors can be added to the kit from them as well and they look really good. Come with interior trim tools to pry apart parts to get to the bulbs without scratching your interior.

Best mod for me has been the headers. Produce the most power and make the car sound beastly. I bet coilovers are a drastic change for the better and would probably be the 2nd "best" mod to get or a catback exhaust.

KWs have nothing but great reviews from members on here but are pricey. Most go with BC coils or BC coils with Swift springs upgrade. I can't speak for coils as I don't have a set, just going by what others on here say. I'm sure they will chime in on their experience with them.

Good luck with the modding.
Old 08-25-13, 06:11 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JDMV8 is on point with the mods list. Dont forget theres HPS and the Topspeed Carbon Fiber intake for other Intake options. Im running a JoeZ intake cause all the cool kids got one and that makes me cool too. LOL Happy modding and congrats on the F bro!
Old 08-25-13, 06:31 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Beside junk yard from east coast where can I get the 2010+ LSD. I have a feeling I'm going to want to replace my 09 sooner than later

Thanks for all the tips so far.

Anyone on tien suspension? Do they make the Belstien PSS9s for ISF?

Still looking for the best local paint shop

Thanks team
Old 08-25-13, 06:44 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome

Best coils are kw v3 but they are $$$ others do BC with Swift spring upgrade

Not sure y you didn't just get a 2010 if you were really concerned about the LSD option I couldn't imagine a 10 costing that much more than a 09???

I say since your in so cal try Carson tuned to get your exhaust if you do go the joe Z route otherwise borla can be bought on ebay all day.

Painting the brakes is pretty simple I did my own took me around 5 hours and looks great

Have fun spending your $$!!
Old 08-25-13, 08:24 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Looking back on how I've modded the F over the years, I already know the headers will arrive sooner than later compared to the aero/exterior styling parts from Japan. Work wheels have some of the finer craftsmanship and design to them, but again, they'll be coming from Japan, so definitely accommodate for the timing. No one has complained about the drastic changes in power and feel with the headers installed. It's always a bonus to unleash the F even more on the roads. The LED interior will be one of the easiest mods, and the least time consuming. Some have gone with blue, while most have chosen white. Along with that, unless you like it red, many members opted to get the clear courtesy lens and swapped it to a blue or white LED. Just a minor detail, but those who have done it like it, myself included.

Definitely have a blast getting the parts together. It's always fun to see how each F owner's vision comes to fruition with their rides. Welcome to CL and definitely enjoy your F, Alex!
Old 08-26-13, 12:29 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your new purchase.

The only advice I'll give you is stay away from VIPAutosalon.com

They will take your money laugh at your face and vanish.