IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rohanna RC10 fitment with swift springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-13, 09:14 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

vbb, what's your setup? post pics too pls. thx.
Old 09-20-13, 09:24 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Volk SF Winning 19x8.5 +38 front 19x9.5 +29 rear Mercury Silver w/polished lip. Stock tires sizes.

My offsets were just a little bit more aggressive than I initially intended, but it came out looking good in my opinion.

I have had 4-5 sets of Volks on 2-3 different cars, and I've lowered most of the cars that I've had. I picked up this set used, and if the seller had been accurate with his offsets (he flipped the front and rear offsets around) they would have fit PERFECTLY for the look I was attempting. Unfortunately that's a risk you take when you don't buy new, but c'est la vie. I know that the seller made an honest mistake, and in the end, even though I have 9mm more offset in the rear than I wanted, I'm okay with it. BTW, I'm now running Michelin Pilot Supersports in the rear rather than the Bridgestone RE050As I previously had.
Old 09-20-13, 09:26 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Volk SF Winning 19x8.5 +38 front 19x9.5 +29 rear Mercury Silver w/polished lip. Stock tires sizes.

My offsets were just a little bit more aggressive than I initially intended, but it came out looking good in my opinion.

I have had 4-5 sets of Volks on 2-3 different cars, and I've lowered most of the cars that I've had. I picked up this set used, and if the seller had been accurate with his offsets (he flipped the front and rear offsets around) they would have fit PERFECTLY for the look I was attempting. Unfortunately that's a risk you take when you don't buy new, but c'est la vie. I know that the seller made an honest mistake, and in the end, even though I have 9mm more offset in the rear than I wanted, I'm okay with it. BTW, I'm now running Michelin Pilot Supersports in the rear rather than the Bridgestone RE050As I previously had.
i appreciate you stepping up.

but simon cowell style, your wheels are a downgrade from the stock forged BBSs. volks are no joke, but your wheels don't fit and we agree. your rear tires look stretched. best street tires (same ones I run). i won't get into the subjective.

what i really wanted to get at is, how'd you lower it?

Last edited by ROK; 09-20-13 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-20-13, 09:37 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb

Did you try the 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear combo?
Old 09-20-13, 09:52 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

I somewhat agree with ROK. It is true our car is limited in adjustment of the alignment components. This is especially true if lowered. You can't slam our car without having serious issues. However, you can add a coilover, anti-roll bars, etc and stay within factory alignment spec.

For example, I have BC Racing coilovers 16/12 swift upgrade. Full front and rear hotchkis bars, Figs bushing for the front control arm. I am lowered but not slammed. I had it aligned and it came within spec. I'm hoping the Fig bushing will prevent the front inner tire wear issue.

ROK, good choice on the KWV3. I had KWV2 on my E46 M3 and loved it. The only reason that I went with BC Racing was not the $1000 plus costs saving but all the japanese import guys raving about the quality of BC Racing. I would like to drive a F with the KWV3 for comparison. But I have no complaints with the BC setup.

I would only suggest that you keep an open mind when it comes to things. You come off as a know-it-all and noone likes that.
Old 09-20-13, 10:25 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
i appreciate you stepping up.

but simon cowell style, your wheels are a downgrade from the stock forged BBSs. volks are no joke, but your wheels don't fit and we agree. your rear tires look stretched. best street tires (same ones I run). i won't get into the subjective.

what i really wanted to get at is, how'd you lower it?
I don't think anyone can question the quality of the Volks, but yes, I would agree that I'm running almost 10mm off my target offsets. I called it an "accidental stancing" because I wasn't exactly going for this look. But in the end, I decided to keep it, and have actually gotten a lot of compliments for the look. Sure, I know people don't like it either, but the "poke" really isn't that bad. My next set, assuming I change these out, will have +42 or +43 in the rear though. And I am on Swift springs.

As far as the stretched tires, I disagree with that. The 2012 and 2013 ISF comes with the exact size rear wheel and tire combo that I have... 19x9.5 with a 255/35 tire... straight from the factory. So, unless Lexus has decided to run their factory setup stretched, I'm not seeing it.

Originally Posted by yjk1975
Did you try the 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear combo?
I haven't tried anything different yet, but will for the next set.

I somewhat agree with ROK. It is true our car is limited in adjustment of the alignment components. This is especially true if lowered. You can't slam our car without having serious issues. However, you can add a coilover, anti-roll bars, etc and stay within factory alignment spec.

For example, I have BC Racing coilovers 16/12 swift upgrade. Full front and rear hotchkis bars, Figs bushing for the front control arm. I am lowered but not slammed. I had it aligned and it came within spec. I'm hoping the Fig bushing will prevent the front inner tire wear issue.

ROK, good choice on the KWV3. I had KWV2 on my E46 M3 and loved it. The only reason that I went with BC Racing was not the $1000 plus costs saving but all the japanese import guys raving about the quality of BC Racing. I would like to drive a F with the KWV3 for comparison. But I have no complaints with the BC setup.

I would only suggest that you keep an open mind when it comes to things. You come off as a know-it-all and noone likes that.
ROK is knowledgeable about cars, no doubt... he needs to work on his delivery, that's all. I agree that KW makes a fantastic product. It was just overkill for my intended purpose for this car (daily commuting).
Old 09-20-13, 10:38 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Vbb,
There's nothing wrong with your setup or stance. It looks great. Volks in my mind are the best rims that exist. For some reason, the Volks and the Advan RZ-DF, made by Volk, do not come in ISF friendly offsets. Close but either too conservative or overly aggressive when it comes to 19x10s for the rear. That is why I ended up going custom offsets. There is a guy selling a Advan RZ-DF setup in the for sale section with pics. He is running the 245/275 combo dropped on KWV3. You should have a look. No issues for him. I would have bought his set if I saw it before my purchase.
Old 09-20-13, 11:06 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Vbb,
There's nothing wrong with your setup or stance. It looks great. Volks in my mind are the best rims that exist. For some reason, the Volks and the Advan RZ-DF, made by Volk, do not come in ISF friendly offsets. Close but either too conservative or overly aggressive when it comes to 19x10s for the rear. That is why I ended up going custom offsets. There is a guy selling a Advan RZ-DF setup in the for sale section with pics. He is running the 245/275 combo dropped on KWV3. You should have a look. No issues for him. I would have bought his set if I saw it before my purchase.
Advan's are made by Volk? Thats news to me..
Old 09-20-13, 01:20 PM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Advan's are made by Volk? Thats news to me..
The Advan RZ-DF is a forged rim made by Volk for Advan. I don't know about other Advan line up.
Old 09-20-13, 02:10 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Advan RZ-DF is a forged rim made by Volk for Advan. I don't know about other Advan line up.
Interesting. But the proper manufacturer would be Rays not Volk. Volk/Gram Lights are all under the Rays Engineering category. Volk is just a flagship brand under Rays.
Old 09-20-13, 05:30 PM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Interesting. But the proper manufacturer would be Rays not Volk. Volk/Gram Lights are all under the Rays Engineering category. Volk is just a flagship brand under Rays.
Yes. I agree.