IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My ISF in PAS-Mag (Performance Auto & Sound)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-13, 09:04 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup you should have lmao!
Old 12-02-13, 09:06 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH, i forgot to mention - i just paid this car off on Friday. 2 years, 11 months on a 6 year loan. I was SMASHING on my car payments trying to get it done. Them repo shows on tv gotta brotha scared! Lizard Lick waiting for me to miss a payment

(yes i know its the fakest sht on tv)
Old 12-02-13, 10:10 PM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 45 Posts

I still need to see this car in person since I've been in the area!
Old 12-03-13, 04:56 AM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats men! You have some fans here in Louisiana that ask me if I know you LOL!
Old 12-03-13, 05:56 AM
vbb

Received 198 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
OH, i forgot to mention - i just paid this car off on Friday. 2 years, 11 months on a 6 year loan. I was SMASHING on my car payments trying to get it done. Them repo shows on tv gotta brotha scared! Lizard Lick waiting for me to miss a payment

(yes i know its the fakest sht on tv)
Congrats! That's even better than the baller audio system and all the mods. It would have been kind of ghetto to have that much money poured into your aftermarket mods and 4 years left on a loan hanging over your head. Not trying to pass judgment on anybody specifically, but to have five figures in mods done to a car that isn't even paid off yet doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you happen to have a loan at 2% or less. I can maybe understand doing some minor things, but some people on here have $20K or more in mods, and if they're still sitting on a car note, that's a bit backwards.
Old 12-03-13, 07:49 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbb
Congrats! That's even better than the baller audio system and all the mods. It would have been kind of ghetto to have that much money poured into your aftermarket mods and 4 years left on a loan hanging over your head. Not trying to pass judgment on anybody specifically, but to have five figures in mods done to a car that isn't even paid off yet doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you happen to have a loan at 2% or less. I can maybe understand doing some minor things, but some people on here have $20K or more in mods, and if they're still sitting on a car note, that's a bit backwards.

not really. If you have the money for your payment and never miss one, it is a great way to build credit. In the last 20 years, i have ALWAYS had a car payment of some sort but i ALWAYS mod my cars. At least i ALWAYS pay them off. The trick is to keep all of your stock stuff stored away so if you have to put it back on and get rid of the car, you can. Never had that problem though because i never took on a payment i couldn't afford.

As far as modding a car that still has payments due on it, that is my prerogative. If i miss one, i get to deal with it, not anyone else. If your credit got damaged from me (or anyone else) not making a payment, i could understand your concern. No need to worry, i am zero'd out.
Old 12-03-13, 08:07 AM
vbb

Received 198 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
not really. If you have the money for your payment and never miss one, it is a great way to build credit. In the last 20 years, i have ALWAYS had a car payment of some sort but i ALWAYS mod my cars. At least i ALWAYS pay them off. The trick is to keep all of your stock stuff stored away so if you have to put it back on and get rid of the car, you can. Never had that problem though because i never took on a payment i couldn't afford.

As far as modding a car that still has payments due on it, that is my prerogative. If i miss one, i get to deal with it, not anyone else. If your credit got damaged from me (or anyone else) not making a payment, i could understand your concern. No need to worry, i am zero'd out.
Well yeah, it's definitely your money, your credit and your prerogative. I wasn't calling you out specifically, in fact, I was congratulating you on paying your car off. But even though it doesn't affect me personally, I do still think it is backwards for people to drop tens of thousands in modding a car all while stretching their car payments out and paying a bunch of unnecessary interest. I'm not Mr. Fiscally Responsible all of the time (hell, even buying something like an ISF is a bit of a splurge... I know plenty of wealthy folks that would never ever drop that kind of money on a car) nor am I saying everyone should pay cash for everything all the time. But I am saying if someone has the cash to burn on a ton of mods, they might want to think about devoting some of that to actually paying their car off.

Back in my teenager days, I was definitely the guy with a $3K stereo system (big money back then) in a car worth about $3K, haha!
Old 12-03-13, 09:45 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good for you, man! Baller status!
Old 12-03-13, 09:53 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbb
Well yeah, it's definitely your money, your credit and your prerogative. I wasn't calling you out specifically, in fact, I was congratulating you on paying your car off. But even though it doesn't affect me personally, I do still think it is backwards for people to drop tens of thousands in modding a car all while stretching their car payments out and paying a bunch of unnecessary interest. I'm not Mr. Fiscally Responsible all of the time (hell, even buying something like an ISF is a bit of a splurge... I know plenty of wealthy folks that would never ever drop that kind of money on a car) nor am I saying everyone should pay cash for everything all the time. But I am saying if someone has the cash to burn on a ton of mods, they might want to think about devoting some of that to actually paying their car off.

Back in my teenager days, I was definitely the guy with a $3K stereo system (big money back then) in a car worth about $3K, haha!
you were better off then me. I had a $3000 system in my $500 car. That's just me.

i have to admit something though. I had to use spell check to spell "prerogative "
Old 12-03-13, 10:07 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up Amazing Car and Great Quality Workmanship

Steve,

I am old and on Social Security, but I'm always checking out your video's and web site. Truly amazing work on the stuff that you turn out and I just can't believe your stereo system. Would kill to have the music on your i pad.

I'm supposed to be smart and well educated, but look like an idiot without spell check.

Congratulations on the pay off. That is good. I have a few years to go on my 2011.

Old 12-03-13, 10:52 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Follow you on Facebook and love the build and your personally story biological father etc. Sickest F F PAS for not giving full cover. They suck had a 700 rwhp IS300 and they put in in readers ride section. lol
Old 12-03-13, 03:51 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Great spotlight, my friend! The build from beginning to end turned out amazing. The attention to detail, especially with an audio build, is pretty great. And congrats with the pink slip! It's a great feeling not having to owe anyone anything when you get that note in the mail.
Old 12-03-13, 08:00 PM
bagged lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the issue car is amazing congrats
Old 12-03-13, 11:43 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

thanks a lot guys!!! much appreciated!