Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 01:43 PM
jjpb5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UCFdude

Did it come with those LED headlights or did you change it out? Look nice
Thanks.
I changed them out. They're the 2012's. They look yellow in the pictures, but they're a really bright white in person.
Old 10-06-13, 02:36 PM
UCFdude
Driver

Originally Posted by jjpb5
Thanks.
I changed them out. They're the 2012's. They look yellow in the pictures, but they're a really bright white in person.
Where did u get them and how much did you paid? If you dont mind sharing. Thank
Old 10-06-13, 02:59 PM
jjpb5
Driver School Candidate

Where did u get them and how much did you paid? If you dont mind sharing. Thank
I took them off of my IS350 before selling it. I got new headlights on the 350 because of an insurance claim and threw the old ones back on before selling it to out them on my F.
Old 10-06-13, 04:35 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i dont think your going to see a lot of F's go for under 30... i have gotten offers for close to $40 for my 08 with 50k miles
Old 10-06-13, 05:19 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya this car holds value like crazy and I am fairly certain the ISF in 14, if it even exists, will not be much different from the current model. They will be releasing the RC-F but I dont think that will affect values too much as it's a coupe.
Old 10-06-13, 05:27 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Lol 25k is f.

If you can barely afford the car, how are you going to pay for repairs? Brakes, nav system, etc...stuff isnt super cheap on the lexus brand.
What makes you think I can barely afford the car?

I've been a Lexus owner for 10 years, I'm quite aware of maintenance needs, cost, prices, etc. on these vehicles. So because I'm not buying a $40k CPO at a dealership and paying retail prices for parts and service, does that make me less of an owner?

Originally Posted by darbs242
i dont think your going to see a lot of F's go for under 30... i have gotten offers for close to $40 for my 08 with 50k miles
There's 5 or 6 on AutoTrader right now. I'm in no rush, I will be actively looking through the end of the year. When the right color, options, miles, and condition pops up I plan to make an offer and will most likely get what I set out looking for.

The demand isn't quite as high as this forum and enthusiast think. It's mainly the availability. When wholesalers and retail dealerships get these cars in they don't typically sell right away (unless someone had a client with a special interest). I wouldn't be surprised if someone took a few thousand less than asking price in the middle of the winter.

My two cents.
Old 10-06-13, 07:46 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Hopefully the prices would drop that rapidly. I'm a 20 year old full time working/student and I was at first looking at the IS250, then people said that car drove like a grandma's car. So I was hunting for the perfect combination IS350 (SFP / Black Interrior) for around $25k. That never happened because the combo was so rare. So at the time, the 3IS was right around the corner. I was like "I'll wait until the 3IS comes out because not only will there be more 2IS SFP/Black combination available, but the prices will surely be lowered. To my knowledge, the prices didn't really budge that much even now when the 3IS is out for a couple months. So going back to my theory, I don't think the ISF will drop much more even with the new ISF/RCF coming out just because the car is actually more rare than a regular IS250/IS350.

My goal is to attain an $35k 2008 SPF/Black Interior ISF (preferably, 50k or less in milage) in 2014 when I turn 21.
Old 10-06-13, 08:00 PM
UCFdude
Driver

Originally Posted by Snow
Hopefully the prices would drop that rapidly. I'm a 20 year old full time working/student and I was at first looking at the IS250, then people said that car drove like a grandma's car. So I was hunting for the perfect combination IS350 (SFP / Black Interrior) for around $25k. That never happened because the combo was so rare. So at the time, the 3IS was right around the corner. I was like "I'll wait until the 3IS comes out because not only will there be more 2IS SFP/Black combination available, but the prices will surely be lowered. To my knowledge, the prices didn't really budge that much even now when the 3IS is out for a couple months. So going back to my theory, I don't think the ISF will drop much more even with the new ISF/RCF coming out just because the car is actually more rare than a regular IS250/IS350.

My goal is to attain an $35k 2008 SPF/Black Interior ISF (preferably, 50k or less in milage) in 2014 when I turn 21.
there are a few 08 with ~60k that asking for 35k range so dont give up and keep looking for the right car. I'm 22 and a senior, and I plan to give myself an ISF as a gift for my graduation. I'm debt free and currently working for Siemens as an intern engineer. I'm with the OP, I dont plan on paying 45k+ for an ISF but that doesn't make me a "barely able to afford" type of buyer.
Old 10-06-13, 09:03 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

$25k for an 08 or 09 in early 2014 is going to be difficult. OP, I'm not saying it can't be done mind you... but you're going to have to be prepared to travel for the right deal, accept higher mileage, and be flexible with the color. Used cars, especially fairly rare performance cars with good reliability like the ISF, tend to level off in depreciation a lot quicker than you might think. Even if dealerships are only giving out mid 20s on the trade ins, they're still going to want to sell this car for closer to $30k. Now, looking at your list of hopeful cars, you know that buying a higher mileage, 6 year old Lexus is going to be by far the better bet compared to the German cars you're also looking for, but also remember that this car has higher maintenance costs than other offerings from Lexus too.

That all said, good luck with your search. If you do happen to find a clean ISF for $25k, I'll be happy for you and your joining the F family. I just think it's going to be a bit tough to find.
Old 10-06-13, 09:21 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Lol 25k is f.

If you can barely afford the car, how are you going to pay for repairs? Brakes, nav system, etc...stuff isnt super cheap on the lexus brand.

Yeah, he should buy an Accord or Camry. LOL..

OP, I think you should start a thread like this in other forums, like Toyota Nation where some aspire to buy a 25K F...
Old 10-06-13, 09:31 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

there are a few 08 with ~60k that asking for 35k range so dont give up and keep looking for the right car. I'm 22 and a senior, and I plan to give myself an ISF as a gift for my graduation. I'm debt free and currently working for Siemens as an intern engineer. I'm with the OP, I dont plan on paying 45k+ for an ISF but that doesn't make me a "barely able to afford" type of buyer.
Sweet! I'm actually in the same boat as you then. I'm attending school for computer science (software engineer). I'm almost there, only two more years, but damn I want my F now. I'm driving a 98 Accord that has been giving me SO much problems lately. Maybe because I don't know how to take care of my cars yet or what but seriously it has been giving me problems left and right so I think my brother is going to get a new 2013 Camry and trading in the '98 Accord. In the mean time, when we get that Camry, I'll be driving that until my dream F comes along.
Old 10-06-13, 09:35 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Yeah, he should buy an Accord or Camry. LOL..

OP, I think you should start a thread like this in other forums, like Toyota Nation where some aspire to buy a 25K F...
The class of Club Lexus.

I'm getting an IS-F whether it cost $25,500 or $32,500. This is a thread to discuss the possible decline in value of the early years of this car. I'm not sure why we are discussing my finances.
Old 10-06-13, 09:48 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Aristo300
The class of Club Lexus.

I'm getting an IS-F whether it cost $25,500 or $32,500. This is a thread to discuss the possible decline in value of the early years of this car. I'm not sure why we are discussing my finances.
People on here is getting ridiculous especially the F crowd, (gets offended) when you start taking about price drop LOL. I've known Aristo300 since '03, he's had many Lexus(s) and knows alot car dealers - (Dealership owners)

I'm in the same boat, looking for '09, '10 ISF. (I've had my GS400 since 3 miles, and picked up my Gs430 CPO. Last year I bought a brandnew '11 IS350. Just because I Like older ISF for the lower price doesn't mean I can't afford either like this guy.. Alot of us own multiple cars and NOT just one car so buying a Lexus like an ISF for a good price is not going the cheap route, so many people is too quick to judge and they don't know crap..
Old 10-06-13, 09:51 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

just be careful from preston motors in utah. all their isf are branded titles. dont make the mistakes ive made before, looking for expensive cars but shopping at the cheapest priced ones. you'll never be truly happy if you want to keep the car more than a few years.
Old 10-07-13, 03:51 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Aristo300
I would love one of the revised years, but I simply can't afford it if the IS-F is going to be the car I buy. I'm hoping for a white, silver, grey, or black exterior with black interior under 75k miles for $25-27k. On top of that, I would love for there to be a selection of cars in that price range for obvious reasons.
only reason people are talking about your finances is because you mentioned them. I think people are just trying warn you about buying a car that is either out of warranty or almost out of warranty and really expensive to fix

Quick Reply: Let's talk resale value of the 08/09's.