IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Let's talk resale value of the 08/09's.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 06:44 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Let's talk resale value of the 08/09's.

Let me clarify first, that this isn't just another resale value thread. I'm talking specifically right now with the 3rd Gen IS debuting and the next IS-F announced.

How is this going to affect the early IS-F's (08/09) in terms of price & availability. The cheapest one I've been able to find (with a clean title) is $28,xxx. I'll provide the link below.....

2008 Lexus IS-F on AutoTrader

One reason I think the prices aren't moving much is because there's not a ton of 08-09's ACTUALLY for sale. However, now we are dealing with a new model coming out and I think there's going to be some action in the market on those years. If we can get some more units for sale, I think the early years with mileage (75k+) are going to become a great value.

I'm looking to purchase at the beginning of 2014, to allow some time for values to drop, demand to lower, and the # of units available to increase. I'm hoping this is the right mix of things to get the car I want much closer to $25k.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Aristo300; 10-08-13 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-06-13, 06:55 AM
UCFdude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I'm in your boat but I would like to get an 10 if possible unless the 08-09 is too good to past up. For 25k range what kind of mileage do you expect it will be?
Old 10-06-13, 07:02 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UCFdude
Haha I'm in your boat but I would like to get an 10 if possible unless the 08-09 is too good to past up. For 25k range what kind of mileage do you expect it will be?
I would love one of the revised years, but I simply can't afford it if the IS-F is going to be the car I buy. I'm hoping for a white, silver, grey, or black exterior with black interior under 75k miles for $25-27k. On top of that, I would love for there to be a selection of cars in that price range for obvious reasons.

Most importantly, for travel (to purchase) concerns. I would hate to have to ship the car. I am reasonably close to the Texas, Florida, and North Georgia markets--which is where I expect the car to be located.

The IS-F is my #1 goal, but this purchase is being cross-shopped with a few rivals; MB C63, MB E63, Audi S4/S5 Coupe, and the BMW 535/550. All of which are obvious rivals with a great combination of luxury and performance. I'm a Lexus owner though, so I'm trying to keep the priorities in line.
Old 10-06-13, 07:24 AM
UCFdude
Driver

Originally Posted by Aristo300
I would love one of the revised years, but I simply can't afford it if the IS-F is going to be the car I buy. I'm hoping for a white, silver, grey, or black exterior with black interior under 75k miles for $25-27k. On top of that, I would love for there to be a selection of cars in that price range for obvious reasons.

Most importantly, for travel (to purchase) concerns. I would hate to have to ship the car. I am reasonably close to the Texas, Florida, and North Georgia markets--which is where I expect the car to be located.

The IS-F is my #1 goal, but this purchase is being cross-shopped with a few rivals; MB C63, MB E63, Audi S4/S5 Coupe, and the BMW 535/550. All of which are obvious rivals with a great combination of luxury and performance. I'm a Lexus owner though, so I'm trying to keep the priorities in line.
Yeah, I think when 2014 roll around and the new ISF possibly being release around that time as well. That would push the price of used 08-09 down a bit. Plus, there is one with 76k and asking for 32k as we speak so I think your price range is reasonable given a bit of more time.

One of the reasons i wanted the 10 beside the revision is that it is the last year before they change the speedometer with a huge RPM display in the middle. I just hate how that look so I wouldnt buy 11+
Old 10-06-13, 07:37 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

I think my projections are very realistic.

I think we will see more 08/09's on the market, a slight price break, etc.

Not to mention, this is a special interest car, so owners aren't being bombarded with prospects to buy their cars. This might allow for a good negotiating factor at the beginning of the year.

It's all about availability and demand with this car.

P.S. -- I too don't care for the large RPM gauge with digital MPH readout.
Old 10-06-13, 08:58 AM
Endgame
Driver

Maybe I missed something but where do you see information about a new ISF?? Are you talkinga a out the 14 that is basically the same car that has been out with a few more tweaks?
Old 10-06-13, 09:28 AM
UCFdude
Driver

Originally Posted by Endgame
Maybe I missed something but where do you see information about a new ISF?? Are you talkinga a out the 14 that is basically the same car that has been out with a few more tweaks?
There is no info that lexus will release the new ISF in 14 but we are assuming that lexus will continue to produce the ISF in the future. There is no point to have models that feature F sport when there is no real F model in the current line up. Like who would buy amg package if there weren't no real amg cars? Lexus spend alot of money into the F series and marketing it. I think in the future lexus will expand the F series out to GS and LS as well. So that's what we are talking about.
Old 10-06-13, 09:39 AM
jjpb5
Driver School Candidate

After much haggling, I got mine for $27,000.00 out the door and shipped from 800 miles away. Its an 08 with high mileage, but runs amazing still.
Old 10-06-13, 10:13 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Endgame
I'm talking about a new IS model in general. That's going to affect prices on the 2Gen IS-F, maybe minor, maybe a lot--we don't know, but it will change the market values negatively. I'm not saying it should or that the 08+ IS-F is going to be any less cool to the enthusiast that buy the car, but a newer model will affect it's worth.

If a newly styled IS-F is announced, it's going to be a bigger hit to market values. If time passes and Lexus drops the ball, the values might stay the same for awhile or even hike up. The MKIV Supra is a perfect example. I'm hoping (& expecting) to purchase an '08 model with around 75k miles in great shape well under $30k in the foreseeable future. I've off and on thought about 07+ LS460's and GS460's, but honestly I'm not quite ready to give up my youth.

Originally Posted by jjpb5
After much haggling, I got mine for $27,000.00 out the door and shipped from 800 miles away. Its an 08 with high mileage, but runs amazing still.
Sounds like a great deal. What are the specs on your car? Mileage, Options, Colors, Condition......

Have you incurred any cost to bring the vehicle up to maintenance?
Old 10-06-13, 11:02 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Just for some reference, here's KBB trade-in values.

A typical wholesale operation is going to give in-between fair and good for this vehicle. I need to check MMR to see what some auction prices in the Southeast have been lately.

Old 10-06-13, 01:05 PM
jjpb5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aristo300
Sounds like a great deal. What are the specs on your car? Mileage, Options, Colors, Condition......

Have you incurred any cost to bring the vehicle up to maintenance?
85k miles
Doesn't have sonar cruise control or headlight washers. Has everything else.

Silver exterior and black interior.
Excellent condition inside and out. Had a few rock chips.

Have not needed to do anything required for maintenance. Car runs extremely well. No loss in power from what I can tell. Still runs good numbers for being stock.
Old 10-06-13, 01:05 PM
Endgame
Driver

I had not heard any talk of a new is at this point so everything is just an assumption no matter how much logic is behind a new isf.

I hope they do eventually drop one however. Will trade in my f on it in a heartbeat. I do not thinkthe new is will hurt value too mmuch. Nice score jjpb5.
Old 10-06-13, 01:12 PM
jjpb5
Driver School Candidate

Let's talk resale value of the 08/09's.-forumrunner_20131006_141130.png

Let's talk resale value of the 08/09's.-forumrunner_20131006_141206.png

Let's talk resale value of the 08/09's.-forumrunner_20131006_141224.png
Old 10-06-13, 01:36 PM
UCFdude
Driver

Did it come with those LED headlights or did you change it out? Look nice
Old 10-06-13, 01:43 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Lol 25k is f.

If you can barely afford the car, how are you going to pay for repairs? Brakes, nav system, etc...stuff isnt super cheap on the lexus brand.

Quick Reply: Let's talk resale value of the 08/09's.