IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Informal intro

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 08:01 AM
laopadak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Informal intro

Hi Guys- Picked up my 09' OB F back in late July w/ 21.5K miles, all service records. Previous owner had the car for 18 months and put less than 5K. It's my Sunday driver, don't plan on tracking or driving much unless it's really nice outside. My first black car...such a pain to keep clean and every little scratch is so visible (to me at least).

Came with a few mods; subtle rear diffuser, front carbon fiber side lips(?), Tien springs, H&R spacers 10mm up front, 15mm out rear.

I took it into the local Lexus dealership and they took care of the ground noise from aux port. Parts that have been installed / in process of being installed includes:

-Crackberry bluetooth music streaming (best option IMO that doesn't require disassembling your dash / head unit).
-Passport 9500 radar hardwired.
-F-sport rear sway bar
-Lexus OEM car cover
-Joe Z intake
-aFe filter
-BC Coilovers w/ swift spring upgrade (10/14K)
-Weathertech laserfit floormats (awesome mats)
-Joe Z CBE. Still on backorder. Ordered from VIP early August and should be receiving soon.
-10" alpine sub & 500Watt alpine amp (didn't realize rear woofer was blown).
-Clear bra on hood / fenders and side mirrors.

Future mods may include headers but not sure yet. Wheels eventually. Attached are some photos, last one blatently stolen from guy I purchased from (lol haven't taken any real photos of the ride yet).

Questions:

How do you unplug the stock woofer? I have all liners in the rear removed but it seems the connection for woofer is up top / rear deck.

I've only installed the rear coilovers yesterday, working on fronts this week / into weekend. Seems a little low but I don't think I can raise it any further. I mean if the adjustment perches are already to the point where the spring touches the top of coilover, I can't raise it any further, can I?
Attached Thumbnails Informal intro-dsc_0023.jpg   Informal intro-dscn1264.jpg   Informal intro-dscn1267.jpg   Informal intro-dscn1270.jpg   Informal intro-isffs006.jpg  

Old 10-07-13, 08:57 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Wow, minus the wheels, your car is very similar to mine. Same color, same year, about the same mileage, tint, diffuser, 3M clear bra, stance... I even have a single 10" sub pushed by an Alpine amp in the rear as well.

TWINSIES!!!!

Haha, seriously though welcome to the boards. I like your tastes. I don't have anything done as far as power adders, but if I were to do something, I'd probably go with PPE headers connected to the stock exhaust system for the total stealth look and sound. I'm very on the fence about headers though, and I'll probably just stay stock.

By the way, the stock sub is in the rear deck. The connections to it should be at the sub, though I didn't mess with mine.
Old 10-07-13, 09:15 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and Welcome !
Old 10-07-13, 09:24 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Congrats and welcome. I don't believe BC's are height adjustable. After mine settled in, I really liked the height. Seems about as low as you can go with stock tire sizes, without ever rubbing.
Old 10-07-13, 09:37 AM
laopadak
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbb
Wow, minus the wheels, your car is very similar to mine. Same color, same year, about the same mileage, tint, diffuser, 3M clear bra, stance... I even have a single 10" sub pushed by an Alpine amp in the rear as well.

TWINSIES!!!!

Haha, seriously though welcome to the boards. I like your tastes. I don't have anything done as far as power adders, but if I were to do something, I'd probably go with PPE headers connected to the stock exhaust system for the total stealth look and sound. I'm very on the fence about headers though, and I'll probably just stay stock.

By the way, the stock sub is in the rear deck. The connections to it should be at the sub, though I didn't mess with mine.
Thanks Blitz.

Thanks VBB. Very similar indeed. LOL, I'm eyeing the Volk wheels for sale by ex-F owner here on the forums. Also considering SSR Executor EX02 and Advan RZDF. Probably gonna wait until I need to change brakes so I can switch out for some pads w/ less dust. Also the wheel studs are extra long due to the spacers so will have to switch back to the OEM studs. Maybe next spring.

Speaking of brakes...22.6K miles now and rear pads look to have about 70% life left. Will be checking the fronts this week but I'm guessing around 50% left. Not bad considering their originals.

Such awesome cars and I can't wait until I'm done making the modifications.....until the next itch to mod comes along....

Thanks Anxiouz- BC are adjustable but it appears you can only go lower, not higher than how they're shipping.

BTW-Tein springs sucks! Never was a big fan of just the springs and on the F, **** was bouncing everywhere. Went for a quick ride after the rear sway bar and rear coils were installed yesterday and already felt a difference.
Old 10-07-13, 10:21 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by laopadak
Thanks VBB. Very similar indeed. LOL, I'm eyeing the Volk wheels for sale by ex-F owner here on the forums. Also considering SSR Executor EX02 and Advan RZDF. Probably gonna wait until I need to change brakes so I can switch out for some pads w/ less dust. Also the wheel studs are extra long due to the spacers so will have to switch back to the OEM studs. Maybe next spring.

Speaking of brakes...22.6K miles now and rear pads look to have about 70% life left. Will be checking the fronts this week but I'm guessing around 50% left. Not bad considering their originals.
I replaced my front pads with Project Mu pads (a great pad, BTW) at around 27K miles. I'm still on the original rotors all around and original rear pads at 29,7XX miles today. I have replaced all 4 tires though. And if you end up getting Volk wheels, we'll have yet one more thing alike. Don't get the Volk SF Winnings or else it'll get weird.
Old 10-08-13, 07:36 AM
laopadak
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbb
I replaced my front pads with Project Mu pads (a great pad, BTW) at around 27K miles. I'm still on the original rotors all around and original rear pads at 29,7XX miles today. I have replaced all 4 tires though. And if you end up getting Volk wheels, we'll have yet one more thing alike. Don't get the Volk SF Winnings or else it'll get weird.
Thanks VBB- Yes, read good things about the Mu pads and will likely go this route. Questions regarding your sub/amp install:

Did you do this yourself?
Which connector on amp is for the sub?
Is this connector only for the sub or is it shared?

The best tutorial I've found online is; https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pictures.html

Did you use the same tutorial as a reference?
Did you find the wires / colors were identical?

Thanks for any insight you might have and feel free to PM answers as well.

Volk wheels FTW!!!
Old 10-08-13, 10:37 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

congrats and welcome! enjoy your F.
Old 10-08-13, 11:13 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

loving the oem wheels with the right stance. what tire sizes do you have on? your set up looks flush for being lowered. good job.
Old 10-08-13, 11:50 AM
laopadak
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
loving the oem wheels with the right stance. what tire sizes do you have on? your set up looks flush for being lowered. good job.
Thanks BS ISF

Thanks ISFPOWER. Tires are 245/35 up front, 275/30 rears. The H&R spacers really do the trick for proper stance.