IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New isf pulling to the right?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-14, 12:56 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mydogbella
I have a buddy if mine that works for Chevrolet in the engineering department that I went to school with and he said the Lexus is f ...specifically the 2012 has a weight distribution problem.

He explained that on the right side if the car there is 2 components. 1 is for the electrical system and one is a mounting bracket. He said the right side us off measured calculated weight by about 5.5 lbs.
Doesn't sound like a weigh distribution problem. My 2012 F runs straight as an arrow.

This probably goes without saying, but are you guys who are incurring pulling to the right on perfectly flat, non-pitched road surfaces? Just a thought.
Old 09-24-20, 01:44 PM
ramon92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviving old thread

Originally Posted by itsmike177
Update from post above:

Issue has been resolved. Went with 1 offset (passenger side) and 1 centered (drivers side) bushings from FIGS. Mike from FIGS is really accommodating, he allowed me to purchase 2 sets of bushings, figure out which ones I required, and return the 2 unused ones. Absolutely top notch service.

So the resolution was the bushings + alignment. luboxracer is right, you definitely need to find a tech who knows alignments, and is able to acknowledge and notice the problem. The car tracks straight now, unless the road is crowned, and even then, it does not require much force on the steering wheel to maintain going straight. The vehicle also feels a lot more planted at all speeds and cornering.

The independent shop that did the alignment and bushings stated that the dealer did not install offset caster bushing 48076-53020 on the drivers side, despite the invoice stating so. In addition, the Lexus dealership set the alignment really off which made the right pull even worse. Lexus dealer shop foreman drove the car, noticed the issue, and stated "normal." If a car can make a 2 lane lanechange within 7 seconds of letting go of the steering wheel, that is not normal....

Lessons learned and for those having this issue:

- Dealership service techs are not good. 3/3 Lexus dealerships attempted to align it and could not fix the right pull. Shop foreman at the last one stated the right pull was normal. Offset bushing was stated to be installed, but it was not.
- Lexus Corporate is of no help, so don't bother filing a complaint, or calling to get your issue resolved. They just contact the dealership to have you bring your car in again. You can file your complaints against the dealership, but they will go unheard.
- Some people are "sensitive" drivers. Or **** drivers if you prefer. The independent shop that resolved my issue does alignments/suspensions for track cars, so they are equally "sensitive" and at least acknowledged the problem. All the dealership techs/foreman noticed the right pull and said "normal." Ridiculous....
- It is odd how the ISF, at least mine, requires an offset bushing to get caster equalized on both sides. Is the frame or suspension twisted/not centered from the factory? I did not take it to a frame shop to get it analyzed.
- Be prepared to pay out of pocket to get this fixed....my expense was $200 for the FIGS bushings + $400 for the bushings install + 4 alignments to tweak the alignment.

So after 2 years, issue is finally resolved. It is just ridiculous that Toyota/Lexus has gotten so large, that issues are just dismissed as "normal" and "work performed" is still fabricated on the invoice.
experiencing same symptoms would like to know which offsets did u buy for passenger side LCA bushing? I have RCF bushings 0Offset installed 20k miles ago and new suspension gsf wheels and new ps2 all the way around and pulling right yet all alignment specs within spec of factory.
Old 05-24-21, 02:26 AM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Revive old thread

Ramon92, did you ever get the answer on what bushing to order from Figs to fix the issue?
Old 05-24-21, 11:50 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Judging by these I need to work out my under load camber, I didn’t go easy on them by any means. The front right wore out after about 50k miles, just the inner threads were showing finally and were chipping apart so I had them pulled and swapped before they blew, they are not pictured though they had some impressive wear.

The following users liked this post:
vraa (05-26-21)
Old 05-27-21, 02:16 AM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Itsmike177: can you help us out here bro, what specific bushing did you order from Figs to fix the hard right pull?? I don't care about the cost this is driving me crazy! Please reply