IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky vs PPE Header Comparison with Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-13, 08:47 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Those numbers seem super inflated, and BTW PPE Headers are a nice product. Nice Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R.
Numbers aren't tampered with since they cross at about 5252 like they all do. The dyno was just broken
Originally Posted by darbs242
this post is a joke ... you FEEL more response from changing headers that on dozens of dynos from mult members have not yielded more than 5 whp apart from Sikky header up or down, the headers have very similar results. Which you can not feel in your butt and that dyno is clearly busted.
I am not basing my conclusions on what I felt (it's an opinion), you are joke if you think that's why I posted this. However I posted this so you can see the difference with the numbers and once the dyno is fixed and we will see the results then. Obviously the PPEs don't make up ~150whp, duh. Multiple members also haven't tested with the same dyno, cars, mods, conditions and etc. this post is to show the difference between the two with the same car, the same mods and the same circumstances.
Old 10-17-13, 08:58 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLM3
Numbers aren't tampered with since they cross at about 5252 like they all do. The dyno was just broken I am not basing my conclusions on what I felt (it's an opinion), you are joke if you think that's why I posted this. However I posted this so you can see the difference with the numbers and once the dyno is fixed and we will see the results then. Obviously the PPEs don't make up ~150whp, duh. Multiple members also haven't tested with the same dyno, cars, mods, conditions and etc. this post is to show the difference between the two with the same car, the same mods and the same circumstances.
But how can we tell anything from this post since the dyno was broken? I think we probably all clicked to see if the dyno shows anything other than a +/- 5whp difference between Sikky and PPE, but given your post, we don't actually know anything at all. I appreciate the fact that you're willing to do the experiment, but I just think you posted too prematurely.

Now if you want to debate build quality and ease of installation between Sikky & PPE, there's like a 10 page thread on that going already.
Old 10-17-13, 09:04 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbb
But how can we tell anything from this post since the dyno was broken? I think we probably all clicked to see if the dyno shows anything other than a +/- 5whp difference between Sikky and PPE, but given your post, we don't actually know anything at all. I appreciate the fact that you're willing to do the experiment, but I just think you posted too prematurely. Now if you want to debate build quality and ease of installation between Sikky & PPE, there's like a 10 page thread on that going already.
I agree with you there, I may have posted it early. But I am going in either today or tomorrow to run it again. I don't think anyone needs to debate the quality anymore we all know the difference there.
Old 10-17-13, 09:22 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
But how can we tell anything from this post since the dyno was broken? I think we probably all clicked to see if the dyno shows anything other than a +/- 5whp difference between Sikky and PPE, but given your post, we don't actually know anything at all. I appreciate the fact that you're willing to do the experiment, but I just think you posted too prematurely.

Now if you want to debate build quality and ease of installation between Sikky & PPE, there's like a 10 page thread on that going already.
He didn't post prematurely. He just did it for the lolz
Old 10-17-13, 09:27 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDMV8
He didn't post prematurely. He just did it for the lolz
Renatik knows what I am up to hahah
Old 10-17-13, 10:47 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
If I have to do it again, I will choose PPE. My Sikky headers still has the annoying left turn rattle. But am moving on to a different car.
Originally Posted by VegasISF
I am having the same "left turn rattle" as described by everyone else. I reached out to Sikky and they were extremely accommodating. Not only did they send me a new (and supposedly approved) passenger side header, they also sent me their sway bar for the extra labor for the switch. They stayed in touch with me throughout the whole process as well. i am having the updated passenger side header installed tomorrow morning. I will post an update as soon as it's in. Hopefully i'm not disappointed again.
I've got the same "left turn rattle", and my service guy at Lexus said it's a bolt from the heatshield that hits the header. They won't touch it though b/c the headers are aftermarket. I'm taking my car to a reputable high-end/exotic shop here in Austin on Monday that has done work on multiple ISFs. He basically confirmed what the Lexus guy said, and hopefully they can knock it out quick on Monday. I'll update the "left turn rattle" club on Monday.
Old 10-17-13, 01:19 PM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

this post is a joke ... you FEEL more response from changing headers that on dozens of dynos from mult members have not yielded more than 5 whp apart from Sikky header up or down, the headers have very similar results. Which you can not feel in your butt and that dyno is clearly busted.
Plus one...
Old 10-17-13, 08:01 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
If I have to do it again, I will choose PPE. My Sikky headers still has the annoying left turn rattle. But am moving on to a different car.
Edward, how's it going these days? Where did you have the headers installed, Elite? Were you able to "feel" (AKA: But Dyno) much of a difference from stock?
Old 10-17-13, 08:08 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by I nd ISF
Edward, how's it going these days? Where did you have the headers installed, Elite? Were you able to "feel" (AKA: But Dyno) much of a difference from stock?
Hey Chris! Pretty much done what I wanted to do with the F. I had the headers installed at Automotive Concepts. They did a good job with the install meaning no CELS or leaks. Compared to stock, its now a beast. But have to deal with this left turn rattle...
Old 10-18-13, 12:28 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
Plus one...
Ahem... I went back and got it on the dyno and just like the techs at Vivid and I suspected the PPEs did better than the Sikky headers. Vbb was right I posted this a bit early and that's my fault but at least we have results now. So just to confirm the mustang dyno and my "butt dyno" are working just fine now.
This time my car put down 397whp/365wtq and temp. was 84. I will have the sheet uploaded once they email me it.

Last edited by LOLM3; 10-18-13 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-18-13, 03:20 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm 99% certain there is little to no difference in power between the two and a dyno comparison though on the same car still doesn't solidify results. The dyno is good for comparing results immediately for tuning but to compare headers just doesn't work. For example I can get readings of plus or minus 30 HP in between pulls depending on what the ECU is doing with timing.

I think I've dyno'd my car more than anyone else (120+ pulls) and my final conclusion is this car certainly makes power with exhaust mods but making comparisons of any kind should be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 10-18-13, 06:13 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Im with james^^^ especially when the dyno wasnt working right initially. I have come back between 380-420whp with the same mods just between timing and exterior temp on different days on the same dyno.
Old 10-18-13, 10:14 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

That is true but we still consistently got better numbers with the PPEs. The numbers I posted were the best pulls out of about 6 runs for each. If a 15whp gain is negligent in this case I am not sure why people go running off thinking the JoeZ intake tubes make the alleged 5whp. I made the thread just to put it out there so people can see the difference between the two on the same car, nothing more nothing less. Anyone can take it for what it's worth.
And darbs the dyno was working fine with my first pulls with the Sikky headers, it got messed up when they were doing some tuning with a F10 M5 in between my tests.
Old 10-18-13, 11:16 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLM3
That is true but we still consistently got better numbers with the PPEs. The numbers I posted were the best pulls out of about 6 runs for each. If a 15whp gain is negligent in this case I am not sure why people go running off thinking the JoeZ intake tubes make the alleged 5whp. I made the thread just to put it out there so people can see the difference between the two on the same car, nothing more nothing less. Anyone can take it for what it's worth.
And darbs the dyno was working fine with my first pulls with the Sikky headers, it got messed up when they were doing some tuning with a F10 M5 in between my tests.
I am still confident that if you were to put the SIKKY headers back on again you'd see different results. You're ECU is constantly adapting and with all the WOT runs it was adjusting more and more and by the time PPE headers were installed it was closer to "optimized." We could debate this forever, but I'm sticking to my belief based on dozens of drag strip runs, way too many dyno pulls and seeing how close they compare to others such as ToothDoc and Lowrideraz.

I will however at this point say that if I were to buy set of headers and I wasn't within driving distance to Baltimore (JE Import) that I too would buy the PPE headers. It's odd that all the sets installed at JE are fine, but hearing too many cases of issues when installed elsewhere that it would be a no brainer to not go with the PPE.
Old 10-18-13, 02:03 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
I am still confident that if you were to put the SIKKY headers back on again you'd see different results. You're ECU is constantly adapting and with all the WOT runs it was adjusting more and more and by the time PPE headers were installed it was closer to "optimized." We could debate this forever, but I'm sticking to my belief based on dozens of drag strip runs, way too many dyno pulls and seeing how close they compare to others such as ToothDoc and Lowrideraz.

I will however at this point say that if I were to buy set of headers and I wasn't within driving distance to Baltimore (JE Import) that I too would buy the PPE headers. It's odd that all the sets installed at JE are fine, but hearing too many cases of issues when installed elsewhere that it would be a no brainer to not go with the PPE.
Yeah but I have had the Sikky's on for several months now and we ran it on the dyno right before we took them off so in terms of the ECU being optimized it shouldn't play much of a factor between the Sikky and PPEs. However if I dyno'd it right as I got the Sikky's installed I agree then it would be a different story.
Luckily for me I am out in Arizona for a month so PPE is sort of right down the block from me. I can't speak on the rattle/fitment issue either since I never ran into that problem. I am not sure if it's installation error or just lack in consistency with the production of headers but I am glad I got my PPEs.