IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New ISF

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-13, 08:15 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New ISF

I got out of sportier cars a while back (sold my old 944 and my MR2) and have just lived with my 4runner and truck for a while. In the mean time to hold me over I got the wife an is350 and we just love that car. Since I can't drive it that much and I wanted more i started looking for an ISF. I have been looking for about a year and money finally allowed it, so I found an ISF that would work.

Side note: I am the driving events coordinator in the BMWCCA for memphis so I can't wait to see their faces when I roll up in this thing.As for why I wouldn't buy a BMW: Anything that everyone on the forums is saying "that's not a car you want to own out of warranty" is not for me. I just love my toyotas and have worked on them for years.

I had to have the ultrasonic blue mica, and it had to be loaded. It also had to have immaculate records with Lexus (https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home). This one was in Baltimore, the dealership knew the family, and it was flawless with Lexus records, so I don't mind the 70k miles. Since I'm in Memphis, my parents picked it up yesterday. The hard part is I can't get it until Thanksgiving when I'm up there to drive it back here...

I only have some basic things I'd like to do to it for now, but that usually changes... joez intake pipe, dvd override, and hard-wiring in the passport max are first on the list right now.
Old 10-20-13, 08:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Congrats on the IS-F and welcome to Club Lexus!

PS my wife is a BMWCCA instructor and club racer (IP / GTS3). Hope to see your IS-F out on the track!
Old 10-20-13, 08:44 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I bought mine earlier this year and wasn't able to pick it up for a while either. You're in for the longest six weeks ever! If I were you, I'd seriously consider celebrating Halloween with the family this year rather than Thanksgiving. I'm sure they would understand
Old 10-20-13, 09:34 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Talking Did the Same Thing

I did the same thing. I searched the entire United States for months. Finally found a 2011 in Maryland at a Toyota dealer with 6700 miles. It is SFP in color. Had to wait six weeks, but finally got smart and had it shipped to me in Washington State.

The funny part was while talking to the Toyota manager, I realized he thought I was some twenty something. I then told him I was old and on Social Security but knew what I was buying. There was silence at the other end, Then he says, "well save your money for gas".

The six week wait was tough, but then the car arrived in new condition. Amazing machine.

Old 10-20-13, 01:37 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats on the new car, I'd like to see the faces of your friends as well
Old 10-21-13, 07:12 AM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the purchase
Old 10-21-13, 08:28 AM
autopilotF
Driver School Candidate

Congrats. You will have a great drive back!
Old 10-21-13, 09:32 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Talking I live in Vancouver

Autopilot F,

I live in Vancouver, across the creek. Not many F's around here and have only seen one on the road, it was blue. Tried buying an F from Kuni Lexus, but they would not sell me one unless it was in inventory. We have an LS 430 and have had issues with them before. Just decided to not do business with Kuni unless I really had to. Do all my own work and I buy my parts from Sewell in Texas when the part is only available from Lexus.

Have only had one person who knew what the F is. He was a manager at the local Schwab Tire store. He actually asked me if it was mine. I just gave him the key fob and told him to have a ball. He was really pumped. Very few people have a clue about the F. As soon as they ride in it their eyes get big as saucers. My wife generally has a white knuckle grip on the seat. She used to be a professional driver to, so you'd think she would be used to it.

Loren

Old 10-21-13, 09:38 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my F this past weekend was my bachelor party and it made me love my car even more. My business partner was driving my car and I was in my friends 350z fully bolted and tuned riding shot gun. There was quite a bit of traffic on the freeway and my business partner gunned it and left us in the dust. The buddy I was riding with was like damn where did your car go he said you dont know what your rear tail lights look like I said nope never had to worry about that i guess you know now ha ha ......
Old 10-21-13, 08:28 PM
fuz16
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the new ISF. I have a 2010 ISF.

I wanted to reach out to you. I have a DVD/NAV override from prestigious society. It is new and works flawlessly. I could get it to you for $150 shipped if you are interested. Please let me know if I can help you out. God bless.

Fred
Old 10-21-13, 10:19 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to CL and congrats on the F! It's a pretty solid ride from the factory, but as you'll see on the forums here, the mods aren't extensive for the car. But waiting for Thanksgiving is brutal. But enjoy it when you do get it!
Old 10-22-13, 03:50 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My test drive was in a blue F, at a dealer in West Nyack. Once we got on a twisty road my mouth curled up in a smile. I had to fly to Arkansas to pick up the one I bought (red) and drove it back to New York over three days. Most owners mod their F, I don't. I love being able to tell people "it's bone stock".
Old 10-22-13, 06:18 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

congrats and welcome!
Old 10-22-13, 06:27 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Congrats on ne purchase... Welcome to CL, USB is my fav color too... U should take a few days off to drive that bad boy back, I wouldn't be able to wait that long if I were you...
Old 10-22-13, 08:07 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

My parents are just rubbing it in at this point. My mom drove it to the chiropracter yesterday and said they heard her pull up in it... The only thing getting it off my mind roght now is a trip to Jamaica Friday. After that I'm going to just want it worse.

Next project: a carport around the back of the house for my truck and the trailer. I'll have 3 weeks to build that (after Jamaica) before the ISF is home. Have to fill the time somehow...