IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Single fogger nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-13, 11:56 AM
Polkman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single fogger nitrous setup

Well I just purchased my wet kit last night and was eager to do get some quotes around for install. The first shop I went to, made me rethink about having nitrous. The guy that quoted me tried to say that having a single fogger in my joe z intake has a decent chance of blowing my motor when it backfires. He suggested that I go with a direct port. I should include that I have never used nitrous before and although I have did some research, I'm uneasy about the thought of blowing the motor.

I've seen a couple of setups of other people using the intake setup and direct port and seem to run pretty well. I was quite sure that the isf motor runs well with nitrous and told the installer what I thought. He replied with " you never hear about the bad stuff on the forums" ,which I guess is somewhat true.

What are your thoughts?
Old 10-24-13, 04:08 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had nitrous in 3 past cars. All Hondas, 2 of which I setup myself. The two I setup were dry foggers in the intake and I have never had any issues with them. the third was done by the shop I still go to now. It was a system on the b18c1 manifold (nitrous plate) both fuel and nitrous. Never had an issue with this either. I've run nitrous excessively in my past cars without issue. Running nitrous on the ISF is out of the question for me, too much on the line regardless of my trouble free past experiences.