IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-15 | 02:04 AM
Flexus_GS
Driver School Candidate

I went through all 13 pages of your thread. I have to say, I like the simple, yet tasteful way you've modded your F and is probably pretty close to what I would've done. Can't wait to see how your double din turns out. Looks like that will be pretty interesting as the 2nd Gen IS is still very popular.
I'm new to the forum but i'm getting excited to meet, cruise, and learn as much as I can! I'll look forward to your post!
Old 10-30-15 | 02:18 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Very nice!

Looking forward to seeing these on the car, and hearing how you get on with them mate.

Hoping to start tracking my car next year.

If it's as much fun as I think it's going to be, may well follow your lead on getting a dedicated set of track wheels.

Look forward to reading your updates as and when you get some free time.

Cheers.

Peter
Much appreciated, my good man! There was a lot of debate and seeing where the budget would allow for pretty much an overload of track-based parts in such a short amount of time. The company that I purchased the wheels from even estimated the wheels to arrive first week of December (around my birthday), so it was a very pleasant surprise to get them nearly six weeks ahead of schedule. But it puts me in a difficult spot because I still am awaiting some parts, as I don't want to install the wheels and tires, uninstall, only to reinstall after I install the other track components. My goal was to have everything on hand and just plot time during the holiday break to have everything done at once with little downtime as possible.

Thank you for the kind words, Peter! It was such a pleasure meeting you when you visited the States earlier in the summer. Looking forward to crossing paths with you again in the not so distant future.

Originally Posted by CanyonFSpo
I went through all 13 pages of your thread. I have to say, I like the simple, yet tasteful way you've modded your F and is probably pretty close to what I would've done. Can't wait to see how your double din turns out. Looks like that will be pretty interesting as the 2nd Gen IS is still very popular.
I'm new to the forum but i'm getting excited to meet, cruise, and learn as much as I can! I'll look forward to your post!
Thanks, bud! The double din idea, while not new by any means, will be quite the treat. There is so much more in terms of technology and capabilities that the stock infotainment system lacks, especially for the early IS F owners. Definitely keep a lookout on the forums, as I'm working on finding a nice meet up location for all Lexus models to end the year. So if you're in SoCal, it should be a fun gathering of great cars and even greater people.
Old 10-30-15 | 05:18 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Of anyone here on the forums who knows these wheels and how incredibly light and sturdy they are, it is you, my friend. You caught me! I liked the look when you posted your pics, and when the exchange rate became more in my favor, as well as having some Japanese sellers somewhat quarrel among themselves to get the best rate, it was probably the best time to pull the trigger for a set. I'll admit, initially I was drawn to the BBS RI-D, but that would be a major bite into the wallet.
Glad I could help! I think you'll be extremely happy with them, I don't know how TWS aren't more popular. Just prepare yourself to constantly correct people thank think they're "TSW".
Looking forward to pics!
Old 10-31-15 | 12:25 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
Glad I could help! I think you'll be extremely happy with them, I don't know how TWS aren't more popular. Just prepare yourself to constantly correct people thank think they're "TSW".
Looking forward to pics!
I've had a few already who thought I was dumb to go with a just a "regular" wheel brand. No disrespect to TSW, but the products are clearly not performance based, nor are most of their wheels that appealing in comparison to what's available in the market.

I would like to think TWS Forged will follow suit with the likes of BBS, RAYS, and Enkei of the factory wheel collaboration. Having seen some of the performance oriented vehicles with these types of brand name wheels as stock options, I am optimistic a brand as potent as TWS Forged can do the same. It's wheel lineup is entirely forged, but the vast majority are typically for the German vehicles and some of a posh look more than pure performance. With its motorsport section, our current wheel, the T66-F, is the only one currently offered, but it has a nice racing pedigree to it, being utilized and tested with the IS F CCS-R, endurance races with the Aston Martin Vantage, Lexus RC F, and BMW Z4. Different applications, but I can tell the lightweight yet very rigid wheels are going to be beneficial on any car, whether road, track, or endurance racing.

That being said, I'll gladly have my wheels misinterpreted as TSW versus having my car called a Camry XSE. That's just unlocking a big can of whoop *** waiting to happen.
Old 11-04-15 | 12:57 AM
Flexus_GS
Driver School Candidate

Definitely, i'll be looking forward to it!!!
Old 11-29-15 | 02:00 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

The holidays are in full effect, and with that comes family time, the (hopefully) slowing down of work and the duties it entails, and creating those wish lists for next month. Luckily, Sam (SamIsf23), Chris (chris07is), and I were able to get together and chill out for a bit. No kids or wives/girlfriends present- just guys hangin' out and enjoying each other's company. Knowing our time was limited and the fact that the sun sets much faster than what we'd ideally prefer, we had to make use of the available sunlight..

Onto the shoot location...we've been discussing a chill area to shoot that doesn't have a lot of traffic and was large enough to maneuver some cars around. Recently, there was a spotlight about the iconic 6th Street Bridge and its decaying due to a chemical reaction. All this meant to me was that there was a piece of Los Angeles' history that needed preserving through pictures. What better way to do so than with fellow F owners and close friends.

Pics to follow...
Old 11-29-15 | 02:20 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

We all had a sigh of relief just to get down there. Even slightly lowered cars will have trouble in some spots. But it's worth it.

No more of that boring old wrap! Sam's back to his love for Obsidian.

Over seven and one-half years of ownership. Zero regrets with anything I've done to this bad girl. She's definitely not cheap, and it makes me appreciate her every time I push her button.

L to R:
My Obsidian (WALD rear diffuser and trunk spoiler, AutoCouture front lip, PPE headers, PTS exhaust, LED foglights, Volk Racing G25 Prism Dark Silver wheels)
Chris' Mercury Metallic (universal front splitters, Borla exhaust with resonator delete)
Sam's Obsidian (Tom's full aero kit, carbon fiber rear splitters, LED headlights, Forgestar CFV5 Gunmetal)

Such a great piece of architecture, though the blueprint for the new structure will be very breathtaking to Los Angelinos.

Two F's in this shot.

Night shots are next...
Old 11-29-15 | 02:31 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

That So Cal lifestyle...

Sinister

Chris and Sam doing that JDM yellow fog right.

Stock-ish.

Some headshots to end the night.

I'd just like to thank Chris and Sam for finding time during their busy schedules for this gathering. Cars come and go, but great friends and camaraderie last forever. We're definitely doing this again!
Old 11-29-15 | 09:25 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Nice shots, I love it. Looking sick as always B, thanks for taking the time!!!!
Old 11-29-15 | 09:51 AM
CK21
Driver

That So Cal lifestyle...

Sinister

Chris and Sam doing that JDM yellow fog right.

Stock-ish.

Some headshots to end the night.

I'd just like to thank Chris and Sam for finding time during their busy schedules for this gathering. Cars come and go, but great friends and camaraderie last forever. We're definitely doing this again!
AWESOME pics guys! All of your cars look sharp
Old 11-29-15 | 10:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
Nice shots, I love it. Looking sick as always B, thanks for taking the time!!!!
You know it, my man! Anytime for great friends. Check your email. Pics will be in batches.

Originally Posted by CK21
AWESOME pics guys! All of your cars look sharp
Thanks, bud! I've always said that it's not the mods that make the car but rather the owner. Some don't feel the need to mod, at least not extensively, and there isn't anything wrong with that. It's just just fun to get together and hang out. The shots will come out great regardless.
Old 11-29-15 | 12:38 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Bnizzle

Great pictures man!!! So since I am not a LA native and seen that reservoir in basically every major motion picture that takes place in LA and in every La centric photo shoot ( like yours) can anyone just drive their cars on -in it ,under the bridges like that? Cops don't give a ****??

Also where can I get the "JDM Yellow" fogs??

Ev
Old 11-29-15 | 12:47 PM
CK21
Driver

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Bnizzle

Great pictures man!!! So since I am not a LA native and seen that reservoir in basically every major motion picture that takes place in LA and in every La centric photo shoot ( like yours) can anyone just drive their cars on -in it ,under the bridges like that? Cops don't give a ****??

Ev
I second both of these questions haha
Old 11-29-15 | 05:48 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Bnizzle

Ev
The times I've been to this area, law enforcement do patrol and canvas the area regularly. And I've been told that they will begin shutting down the entryway as early as the beginning of December. While I'm not sure whether it's completely legal- and I do have my reservations while actually going down into the riverbed- we did see numerous photoshoots taking place at the same time. There were even car clubs that met all the way down. A few biker gangs and classic cars showed up after we had completed our shoot, but it was just one of those shots that the guys wanted to have, so we went with it.

Originally Posted by CK21
I second both of these questions haha
As for the yellow fogs, Chris (MM IS F) has HID fogs from DDM Tuning. Sam (Obsidian IS F) is running a 50v fog light, but he doesn't remember exactly where he got it from since it was awhile ago. Some would prefer just to do a yellow overlay, but the bulb itself and its dispersion is very appealing.
Old 11-29-15 | 06:08 PM
CK21
Driver

The times I've been to this area, law enforcement do patrol and canvas the area regularly. And I've been told that they will begin shutting down the entryway as early as the beginning of December. While I'm not sure whether it's completely legal- and I do have my reservations while actually going down into the riverbed- we did see numerous photoshoots taking place at the same time. There were even car clubs that met all the way down. A few biker gangs and classic cars showed up after we had completed our shoot, but it was just one of those shots that the guys wanted to have, so we went with it.

As for the yellow fogs, Chris (MM IS F) has HID fogs from DDM Tuning. Sam (Obsidian IS F) is running a 50v fog light, but he doesn't remember exactly where he got it from since it was awhile ago. Some would prefer just to do a yellow overlay, but the bulb itself and its dispersion is very appealing.
Ive been looking into ths and will probably go witht the bulb.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years