IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 01:37 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

The very same day this way completed, I had made plans with ISF4life (Kody) and jspecvtec (Don) for an all IS F dyno day. I did install the RR Racing ECU tune a few weeks prior and gave it time to be broken in properly. One thing I am grateful for is the step by step installation and advice from members who have taken out the ECU to have it reprogrammed by RR Racing. And for those who haven't done this mod yet, you'll see below why it is a product that delivers. I'm not gonna lie- that last nut is a PITA! Those who go with the physical ECU removal instead of tuning it via OBDII port will know what I'm talking about.

Performance modifications to date:

-PPE headers
-Joe Z/PTS exhaust
-Joe Z intake
-RR Racing tune

424HP/398TQ to the wheel is pretty impressive, I think, for the IS F. For a car that once didn't have any path of tuning in it's life cycle, I'm glad this was wished upon by IS F owners to have it come true. I will admit- I was highly skeptical of the product, considering the ECU for Toyota/Lexus is essentially uncrackable. As an early adopter, I felt that there was nothing to lose. A brand new product for the IS F doesn't come all too often, and I even made a note to thank RR Racing for their relentless willingness to contribute to the IS F community.
Old 04-11-16, 04:59 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looking good Brian.

Next up, supercharger kit!

Thanks for taking the time to post this though. Helps people like me to see there are gains to be had from the tune.

I think the improvements in drivability are probably worth the cost alone, but to gain HP as well makes this a no-brainer really!

Just need to get my headers done first. Tune will follow that. Probably going to opt for the OBD II approach. Makes more sense for me than risking damage to my ECU taking it from the UK to the States.

Are you going to look at the performance intake RR are going to be offering shortly? Sounds like a good gain from what I have read.
Old 04-11-16, 05:02 AM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are fantastic numbers! Congrats and absolutely love your build
Old 04-11-16, 09:29 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looking good Brian.

Next up, supercharger kit!

Thanks for taking the time to post this though. Helps people like me to see there are gains to be had from the tune.

I think the improvements in drivability are probably worth the cost alone, but to gain HP as well makes this a no-brainer really!

Just need to get my headers done first. Tune will follow that. Probably going to opt for the OBD II approach. Makes more sense for me than risking damage to my ECU taking it from the UK to the States.

Are you going to look at the performance intake RR are going to be offering shortly? Sounds like a good gain from what I have read.
Thank you Peter! It's a treat to put it all out there and have other members see what they like and ask questions and inquire. It's all about helping one another out instead of simply referring them to the search function.

I'm actually content with the current mods, though I have been given a few offers that might make me switch things up, but I'm not committed to anything but this current set up right now. I would have to wait for further testing and see how this new intake would be able to squeeze more gains. But in looking at the entire car, I'm content.

Originally Posted by Sameer89
Those are fantastic numbers! Congrats and absolutely love your build
Much appreciated my friend. It always pays to research and ask questions beforehand and then only go for it once. Saves a lot of time and money in the process of a build.
Old 04-11-16, 11:20 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

great numbers Brian. I'm sure your F pulls like a bat outta hell. I've you done the ECU steering upgrade yet?
Old 04-11-16, 03:58 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mindcrime
great numbers Brian. I'm sure your F pulls like a bat outta hell. I've you done the ECU steering upgrade yet?
Yes Eddie! I upgraded to the -42 steering ecu. Turns are sharper and the wheel itself is more precise when taking control. I think it's worthwhile, although I'm upgrading other components of the suspension as well for more track use. I'm looking forward to seeing how it behaves then.
Old 04-11-16, 10:09 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Great numbers! Very impressive.
Old 04-11-16, 11:09 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Great numbers! Very impressive.
Much appreciated, my friend!

It definitely helps to have some vendors who were helpful in answering my questions and directing me to the right areas where I can improve upon the stock components. I will always thank the vendors and businesses that have helped me out over the years.

To Paul @ PPE, Mike @ FIGS, Rafi and Simon @ RR Racing, and Clark @ VIP Auto Salon...the improvements have all come from these very vendors, and I am grateful for their continued support and help.
Old 04-17-16, 04:57 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

April....it took us four months to get a meet going for the F owners. While the meets are never super large in attendance, it's great to see the new faces who are still on their high from getting their Fs, all the while reconnecting with the old ones.

Yesterday's meet was supposed to be a meet and cruise, but of course you guys know who always shows up late. But while we were waiting for Kody (ISF4life), it was fun getting to know some new members who haven't experienced an F meet or gathering before. A lot of conversation about cars and modding- it's all about helping one another out. There are no egos here; just Lexus F enthusiasts who understand what these cars mean, not only to the brand but as part of this particular gathering.

Onto the pics...

Miqueaseli (Manny) with his SFP and MY2012+ wheels. Some of us joked that he has probably the most sought after wheels within the IS F community. Always a good laugh with this guy in attendance.

My Obsidian with AutoCouture front lip and Volk Racing G25 Prism Dark Silver wheels. Yes, that was just brake dust accumulated over the weekend.

ba2sy (Fahd) with his Infrared RC F on 20" Ferrada FR2 wheels. Great meeting you and looking forward to seeing your parts installed soon!

ISF4life (Kody) with his Mercury Metallic on Weds Sport SA-55M Black Blue Machined and WALD International front apron. This dude definitely looks after the group. More on this later...

Nofsport (Johnny) with his Nebula Grey Pearl and 2011 wheels and RR Racing Bazooka exhaust. Great seeing you again, my man!

chris07is (Chris) with his Mercury Metallic and Volk Racing RE30 wheels. Them headers are next, and you know it!

mindcrime (Eddie) and his recently purchased Smoky Granite Mica with Vorsteiner wheels. Many more modding days are to come, and he's already plotting which ones he wants to get.

And for the last time, MK4Sup_isF (Khoa) and his 2010 Starfire Pearl with front Aimgain bumper, Seibon hood, BC Forged RS 41 wheels. Gonna miss you, brother! But you'll always be a part of this family.

More pics coming up!
Old 04-17-16, 05:17 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Of course, as I'm trying to get a group shot in, Kody needs to start detailing....

Khoa's Outcast Garage duckbill trunk spoiler and Spec D taillights.

Sibling rivalry? Certainly not an HP war between us. It's great to welcome new members and see their progress along the way. It's all about the F!

The real fun began when the sun went down...
Old 04-17-16, 05:29 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Kody, Chris, Fahd, and I took our talents to the middle of nowhere....we'll call it "Baja".

We did get to somewhat test the tune in real world conditions. I do recall a video, that has since been taken down, of a run documenting the new 0-60, 0-100, and 0-euphoria times. I should've double-checked whether it was done in D or M mode. But it was fun ripping gears and really seeing how fast this car can really be in a safe environment.

Big props to Kody for scouting the areas and allowing us to have a safe road each time to unleash the beast. We all had fun, we got to and from there safely, and best of all, no one left with shining red and blues in their rear view mirror.

Looking forward to the next run. Those who wished they could've made it but weren't able to- have no fear, another F gathering will be in the works very shortly.
Old 04-17-16, 05:44 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Nice write up Brian we all always have lots of fun and the most important of all is safe and of course the foods and great group of guys. Baja runs were a blast while lasted . few hours of driving but all worth it not many roads u can do 140 to 160+ mph of nice and straight even pavement next time i'll bring a truck of full of out door gear so we can camp over nite and get some fish for sashimi lolz and grill fish lolz :P
Old 04-17-16, 06:21 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

it was good to meet other IF'ers and seeing different F's with other mods, i.e. wheels, front lips, spoilers, exhaust etc. i will definitely run with you guys next time. my son was tired.

so on my way to Tommy's today i see a GS F and RC F on the 57/60. i thought they were going to Tommy's for some mods haha
Old 04-17-16, 06:24 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

P.S. hide your parts from Manny.
Old 04-17-16, 07:24 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Nice write up Brian we all always have lots of fun and the most important of all is safe and of course the foods and great group of guys. Baja runs were a blast while lasted . few hours of driving but all worth it not many roads u can do 140 to 160+ mph of nice and straight even pavement next time i'll bring a truck of full of out door gear so we can camp over nite and get some fish for sashimi lolz and grill fish lolz :P
For sure make plans and we mexs can take Carne Estrada and some eggs for breakfast lolz

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years