IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-16, 07:25 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

And awesome just chill just and talk and eat at yoshinoya lol. Always fun with the F crowd
Old 04-17-16, 08:46 PM
NoFsport
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great turn out fellas! Talked to familier faces and new also, always love when hangin with the F bros. couldn't tag along for the Mexico trip but will not miss it next time!
Old 04-17-16, 09:15 PM
DJsISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man im sad i missed it. should have hung around longer
Old 04-17-16, 09:32 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Nice write up Brian we all always have lots of fun and the most important of all is safe and of course the foods and great group of guys. Baja runs were a blast while lasted . few hours of driving but all worth it not many roads u can do 140 to 160+ mph of nice and straight even pavement next time i'll bring a truck of full of out door gear so we can camp over nite and get some fish for sashimi lolz and grill fish lolz :P
It'll be fun to gather the group and really just enjoy each other's company. It's never about the mods or the cars themselves. Camaraderie and just helping one another out goes a long way. Putting these little gatherings together is always a different experience, yet there is always a fun time by all. Can't ask for much more than that.

Originally Posted by mindcrime
it was good to meet other IF'ers and seeing different F's with other mods, i.e. wheels, front lips, spoilers, exhaust etc. i will definitely run with you guys next time. my son was tired.

so on my way to Tommy's today i see a GS F and RC F on the 57/60. i thought they were going to Tommy's for some mods haha
I figured. It would've been difficult to travel longer. We ended up getting back to our places around 4-5am. Crazy night, but a safe one at that.

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
For sure make plans and we mexs can take Carne Estrada and some eggs for breakfast lolz
The next one will be sooner than we all thought. We might not do something outdoors, but most likely it will involve a lot of food. I'll start planning it so we can get more folks involved. Great seeing you guys yesterday.
Old 04-17-16, 09:36 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
And awesome just chill just and talk and eat at yoshinoya lol. Always fun with the F crowd
When Chris needs to eat, Chris needs to eat lol. But yeah, it was a rather long wait, but no worries. We had more space there than at the dealer lot.

Originally Posted by NoFsport
Great turn out fellas! Talked to familier faces and new also, always love when hangin with the F bros. couldn't tag along for the Mexico trip but will not miss it next time!
lol It wasn't Mexico, though we might need to make a trip down south and hang out in a different area. Great seeing you bud!

Originally Posted by DJsISF
man im sad i missed it. should have hung around longer
Man! I'm pretty sure I saw you make a U turn in front of the collision center. I was about to flag you down since I wasn't able to check my phone on the spot. It's all good Darron. Next time for sure!
Old 04-19-16, 01:23 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice write up... Hopefully, more RCFs will tag along... I'll copy your write up if you don't mind to Team SoCal RCF unless you post it yourself...
Old 04-19-16, 02:00 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Nice write up... Hopefully, more RCFs will tag along... I'll copy your write up if you don't mind to Team SoCal RCF unless you post it yourself...
Thanks bud! Feel free to post away. The F Performance is still relatively new, and it's great that Lexus has laid a great foundation for heritage with the IS F, LFA, RC F, and GS F. Definitely no egos at our gatherings. It really doesn't matter if one is stock or modded. We welcome all F owners, and just ask that everyone comes with a great attitude and willingness to just enjoy in some good conversation, photo ops, and/or cruises.

As being one of the first owners of the IS F, I know how great it is for new owners to get their rides. The best part is seeing both the older owners who still have an appreciation for the F after all these years, as well as the new owners who are looking to just hang out and shoot the breeze with other F owners. Parts will come and go, but the friendships and camaraderie we all share will always last, even if owners move on from the F and into other brands and models. And you got a taste of that with how close the guys were over the weekend. I try to set it up so that no one feels excluded, which I know sometimes to be the case at other meets. Everyone's gonna chat and have a blast, from the shyest owner to the craziest one (Kody) lol.
Old 04-19-16, 09:30 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Hey , i just want everyone to be safe and have a good time . Enjoy while we can
Old 04-28-16, 11:39 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

A slight update with my F...

As documented earlier, Beat-Sonic USA has introduced a new product for those seeking to integrate a double din head unit as a replacement or in addition to the factory multifunction unit. Personally, this project came out much greater than I had ever imagined. I do travel with passengers in the car a lot, and to have a multitude of functions to cater to any given passenger is something that really adds to the ride itself.

The unit I purchased was the Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX. There are numerous double dins that can easily fit the bill for this endeavor, but I particularly liked the use of both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. With the gf being Team iOS and myself rocking the Android, this is probably the easiest "fight" we can have. But she'll want to play with the functions and make sure she can fully utilize the stuff on her phone while I'm driving. Those with 2008-09 IS Fs know that there is no Bluetooth audio streaming, nor is there the traffic-enabled navigation- both of which are found in the MY2010+ IS Fs. So yes, I did choose a unit that utilizes an array of functions that are modern in today's vehicles. It's also safe to say that the MirrorLink function for both Android and iOS allows for a seamless view from the phone to the headunit display. That really comes in handy from on occasion. Time to hide those provocative pics I took of the gf...

The unit that Beat-Sonic sells is a complete unit for everything you'll need to integrate a double din into the factory multimedia surround. You'll see everything you're getting as a full kit in the videos below. One thing that I do regret not installing at the time, and Beat-Sonic can supply this, is the functionality of an additional camera. Initially my plans were to run a front camera for those times when I'm forced to go head into a parking stall. Yes, certain towns and areas do have a no back-in sign from time to time. It's not that I don't have good depth perception, but it would have been added peace of mind, especially for anyone who has scraped a carbon fiber lip or front bumper. But I'll save that for when I have more time.

In the end, Eric at Beat-Sonic USA was a huge help. His staff was as cordial and welcoming as can be. They truly go above and beyond in providing quality components and products for the automotive community, and while there isn't too much for the Lexus models, products like these go a long way in helping modernize and add a unique flair to an already great ride.

Beat-Sonic MVX 140L Installation on 2008 Lexus IS F

Beat-Sonic MVX 140L Demonstration on 2008 Lexus IS F

Old 04-29-16, 03:51 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Very nice Brian.

Looks like a nice clean install considering what they had to work with.

Like that a lot.

Last edited by PDP180180; 04-29-16 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-29-16, 10:32 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Very nice Brian.

Looks like a nice clean install considering what they had to work with.

Like that a lot.
Thanks, Pete!

The goal wasn't to do anything crazy. I wanted more of an OEM quality feel, and Beat-Sonic definitely delivered. I already know a good handful of members who have inquired about setting up their double dins and you really can't beat it in terms of fit and finish. They really measured it well to leave zero gaps and have everything aligned properly.
Old 04-29-16, 10:56 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

interesting. how much?
Old 04-30-16, 12:09 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mindcrime
interesting. how much?
Hi Eddie!

All info can be found in the following link:

Beat-Sonic MVX-140L

Of course, you'll need to supply your own aftermarket headunit. But I find the duality of both screens performing separate functions really help. And no, I'm not inputting on the go anymore, but it does allow my using the factory screen to view motion picture (DVDs, MPEGs, etc) with the Beat-Sonic Navigation Override module (sold separately).

This is definitely not a marketing scheme, nor is it a sales pitch. I have known Eric at Beat-Sonic for quite some time, and when we had discussed this project before it came into fruition, I really wanted to have an OEM finish and not have the entire project (headunit, dash kit, and installation) look like it was a shoddy or devalued attempt. But it came out clean, I must say. Zero gaps, nothing looks off or pressed in too much on one side or not enough on the other...they really did a fine job in making sure the dimensions were an accurate and complete fit.

Feel free to ask away with regards to this. I urge anyone to contact myself or Eric @ Beat-Sonic. A number of owners are already doing this, and it just gives the entertainment aspect of the car a more user-friendly approach.
Old 04-30-16, 01:34 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

nice looking sweet .
Old 04-30-16, 10:20 AM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

My Mark Levinson AMP just died on me. I really don't want to put any more money into having to fix or buy another one- will this setup allow me to bypass that ML junk and/or allow me to just choose another amp?

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Hi Eddie!

All info can be found in the following link:

Beat-Sonic MVX-140L

Of course, you'll need to supply your own aftermarket headunit. But I find the duality of both screens performing separate functions really help. And no, I'm not inputting on the go anymore, but it does allow my using the factory screen to view motion picture (DVDs, MPEGs, etc) with the Beat-Sonic Navigation Override module (sold separately).

This is definitely not a marketing scheme, nor is it a sales pitch. I have known Eric at Beat-Sonic for quite some time, and when we had discussed this project before it came into fruition, I really wanted to have an OEM finish and not have the entire project (headunit, dash kit, and installation) look like it was a shoddy or devalued attempt. But it came out clean, I must say. Zero gaps, nothing looks off or pressed in too much on one side or not enough on the other...they really did a fine job in making sure the dimensions were an accurate and complete fit.

Feel free to ask away with regards to this. I urge anyone to contact myself or Eric @ Beat-Sonic. A number of owners are already doing this, and it just gives the entertainment aspect of the car a more user-friendly approach.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years