IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Carbon fiber exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-13, 04:35 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon fiber exhaust tips

Anyone know where I can get the carbon fiber exhaust tip or who can make them for me and how much are we talking about anyone please
Old 12-08-13, 04:44 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The CF Tips are from Joe Z and he only made a few. I believe he was considerirng making another batch. Once he sees this thread he should be chiming in shortly.
Old 12-08-13, 04:55 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
The CF Tips are from Joe Z and he only made a few. I believe he was considerirng making another batch. Once he sees this thread he should be chiming in shortly.
Oh man thanks yeah I know joe z used to have them and they stopped making them 😢😭 I was just hoping I could it find a company that could make them for me cuz that look with those tips looks great specially I been looking for an exhaust but I don't know which one yet 😫 the joe z exhaust it's no my list tho
Old 12-08-13, 05:01 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

they melt... thats why he stopped making them
Old 12-08-13, 05:09 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by darbs242
they melt... thats why he stopped making them
But I was reading some guys forum and they haven't got any issues with theirs tips
Old 12-08-13, 05:14 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ I cant speak for others but i personally ruined a set driving hard.
Old 12-08-13, 05:24 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by darbs242
^^^ I cant speak for others but i personally ruined a set driving hard.
Oh damn 😔😔 so there nothing I can do to get the tips another color at least but if I got to paint I wanna make sure the paint stay on it and don't come off
Old 12-08-13, 05:38 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

A few of us have powdercoated gloss black, and at least one I know of has plastidipped them with no issues.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...aust-tips.html

You might also look in to hydrographics to get the CF look. I didn't go that route because I thought it would be overkill on the carbon fiber and I wasn't 100% sure it would handle the heat but the hydrographics guy I talked to seemed to be confident it would hold up.
Old 12-08-13, 06:11 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by snea
A few of us have powdercoated gloss black, and at least one I know of has plastidipped them with no issues.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...aust-tips.html

You might also look in to hydrographics to get the CF look. I didn't go that route because I thought it would be overkill on the carbon fiber and I wasn't 100% sure it would handle the heat but the hydrographics guy I talked to seemed to be confident it would hold up.
Oh nice I like how it looks I think I could get this done as well looks sharp I like the idea on the metal black paint for the tip also thought a color like the OEM rims paint the tips same color maybe would come out nice as well
Old 12-08-13, 08:19 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

i have mine almost 2 yrs now, and i have joez exhaust and intake and sikky headers too lolz no problem
Old 12-09-13, 07:36 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blitz_714

i have mine almost 2 yrs now, and i have joez exhaust and intake and sikky headers too lolz no problem
Nice I love the look that's what I want for my F I'm waiting on the srt intake which is taking for ever been like A month an half and nothing smh and think in getting joez exhaust
Old 12-09-13, 06:18 PM
chrisfan
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking for one too also the trunk wing and roof
Old 12-09-13, 08:14 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
Nice I love the look that's what I want for my F I'm waiting on the srt intake which is taking for ever been like A month an half and nothing smh and think in getting joez exhaust
Probably not a good idea to get the SRT intake, IIRC some people had problems with it. The best intake mod is just replacing the stock pipe with a Joe Z or silicone pipe, and replacing the stock filter with a Tom's or aFe filter. That way you still retain the secondary intake opening. That's speaking from a power gain perspective. If you really want a cone style air intake or don't mind a little loss in power over looks, get the Injen or K&N intake system. For the best of both worlds Takeda is the way to go, it retains the secondary intake opening and it has the cone intake filter.

Also, if you're still thinking about it, get the Joe Z exhaust. You won't regret it.

Back on topic, I have had glossified Plastidip exhaust tips for over a year now and they still look great. It's very durable and very cheap to do. Although I do agree that powder coated gloss black tips is a better look, and perhaps you can look into hydrodipping the tips with carbon fiber film if that's the look you're going for. I heard it is resistant to heat damage.
Old 12-09-13, 08:21 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

i got a set of the cf exhaust tips through a trade. With the way i drive... i melted them in about a week..lol
Old 12-10-13, 11:25 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im praying for joe z to make another batch cause I will order 3 of them right off the back I miss mine

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber exhaust tips