IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Took her to the dyno, yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 07:04 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Took her to the dyno, yesterday...

...and i was NOT very pleased. i know...its all ego, yada yada. but i really expected more than 350/328. with the QES version of the ISS exhaust, visions of 380 or so danced in my head. instead, i got what looks for all the world like stock numbers. maybe the Injen intake is to blame?

oh well...she still SEEMS fast. guess we'll find out in a couple of months at Atlanta Dragway..

Video of the run...
Old 01-15-14, 07:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Rick, you and dynos never seem to get along!
Old 01-15-14, 07:19 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Rick, you and dynos never seem to get along!
Dave, i was thinking the EXACT SAME THING on the drive back home. "Another dyno roller...another disappointment". smh...

im like charlie brown hoping lucy wont pull the ball away, this time...
Old 01-15-14, 07:25 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
Dave, i was thinking the EXACT SAME THING on the drive back home. "Another dyno roller...another disappointment". smh...

im like charlie brown hoping lucy wont pull the ball away, this time...
what a c-word, that lucy
Old 01-15-14, 08:46 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Your run is right where it should be. You want more, think headers - PPE headers

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Took her to the dyno, yesterday...-typicalprogression_zps36e65999.jpg  
Old 01-15-14, 11:08 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

as much as i love my car...but i have to admit that it is really not that fast...
I just completed the I/H/E on mine just able to keep up with a 2013/14 mustang GT with intake, exhuast and tune. ... Always wish that's more i can do....but sadly it's end of the road for the hp mods.
Just pray and wish one day we can tune/hack our ECU.
Old 01-15-14, 11:20 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,064 Likes on 2,461 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
...Just pray and wish one day we can tune/hack our ECU.
Never going to happen. Never happened for Supra either. Lots of people make claims, none have actually delivered.
Old 01-15-14, 11:30 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

as much as i love my car...but i have to admit that it is really not that fast...
It's okay, there is always something faster. More recently I was looking at the TX2k14 events, and well...a lot of things aren't very fast when you put them in perspective. You could double our hp to the wheels and we'd still be slow compared to a number of those cars.
Old 01-15-14, 12:14 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Never going to happen. Never happened for Supra either. Lots of people make claims, none have actually delivered.
and I truely believe that's the biggest reason why our "F" will never able to come close to those "M" and "AMG" or "RS"; the new RC-F is so promising, I love 2 doors coupe, but I just going to save up for a GTR because of the very same reason.... very limited aftermarket support...

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
It's okay, there is always something faster. More recently I was looking at the TX2k14 events, and well...a lot of things aren't very fast when you put them in perspective. You could double our hp to the wheels and we'd still be slow compared to a number of those cars.
Yea, I see what you mean.... but it just upset me that i can't beat a new mustang GT lol and they only costs half of what our F costs..ugggh
Old 01-15-14, 01:52 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If power is all that your looking for then the ISF is not the right car. It's a bigger picture and it surley has much more to offer then a Ford Mustang. If fast was my only goal the ISF would not be on the top of the list. It is a well balanced package that not many other cars offer and that's what makes it stands out.
Old 01-15-14, 02:02 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RCB
If power is all that your looking for then the ISF is not the right car. It's a bigger picture and it surley has much more to offer then a Ford Mustang. If fast was my only goal the ISF would not be on the top of the list. It is a well balanced package that not many other cars offer and that's what makes it stands out.
says the guy with the 800 hp supra. hahahaha...

Old 01-15-14, 03:09 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RCB
I have absolutly no mean to start a debate or agurement here, simply that really nothing to debate about; I am just here to share my opinion
I truely believe everyone has a different defination of a 'balanced package'. Maybe because my F is my DD and it's a 2008. When I compare it side by side with my friend's GT and M3; it really make me feels like my F is nothing special anymore. it's not faster; the luxury futures on mine basically comes standard on alot of newer cars; I ain't no professional drivers, but let's admit that the new GT handle itself pretty well on the tracks too, and we all know about the M3 of course; the MPG is slightly better than the M3, but not the GT.
So beside of the realiabitly and our F is 4 doors, i really not quite sure what will put our car on the top list.

don't get me wrong, i absolutly love my F and i still get compliments from time to time from random people who see my car on the street. it's still the best car i ever owned so far (i had 7 other cars before the ISF i.e EVO 8, IS300, IS250, BMW 325i etc). I just ALWAYS wish that's MORE we coud be done to our car. I am pretty sure a lot of us with I/H/E are thinking or hoping 'I wish my ISF can makes more power' when they looking at the dyno sheet. That's probably your motivation to build that 800+ hp Supra, Otherwise why you do it?

Maybe I am asking too much for my car or maybe it's the car-bugs bitting me to move on to a GTR lol' but heck, I am saving my money for something more important (family, house or future business/investment).

says the guy with the 800 hp supra. hahahaha...

Yup, gotta respect the horsepower and speed!

Last edited by sleepyray; 01-15-14 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-15-14, 05:42 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Its fast for what it is...huge brakes, great trans. It's an all around package.

Its a gentleman's track mobile...
Old 01-15-14, 05:51 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I just completed the I/H/E on mine just able to keep up with a 2013/14 mustang GT with intake, exhuast and tune. ... Always wish that's more i can do....but sadly it's end of the road for the hp mods.
Just pray and wish one day we can tune/hack our ECU.
Keeping up with a 5.0 GT mustang with intake, exhaust, and a tune is a good accomplishment. That is roughly a 117~118mph car in the 1/4 mile. My brother has a completely stock 2012 GT and he went 12.58@115.02mph with no power mods at all. I also pull him from a roll every time. Even if he jumps out on me, I will reel him in and pull past him .

Don't be upset by the result you had. The new GT's are very potent cars.

Last edited by fstpassat; 01-15-14 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-15-14, 05:56 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

...and i was NOT very pleased. i know...its all ego, yada yada. but i really expected more than 350/328. with the QES version of the ISS exhaust, visions of 380 or so danced in my head. instead, i got what looks for all the world like stock numbers. maybe the Injen intake is to blame?

oh well...she still SEEMS fast. guess we'll find out in a couple of months at Atlanta Dragway..

Video of the run...
Dyno here www.dynolab.net

I made 383whp on that dyno SAE corrected with a Joe Z exhaust and a drop in filter. Then you will know if the dyno you were on in this thread is a heart breaker or not.

Quick Reply: Took her to the dyno, yesterday...