IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Wear & tear is scaring me (considering selling)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-14, 04:36 AM
Heather558
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I was ranting over wearable parts lol. My rant was valid in my mind because the parts on this car can be so much more $$. I probably shouldn't have even posted this org message. I'm a numbers person, so I'm always running numbers in my head, looking at the future and so forth.

Since the org post, I have gotten my finances in order and feel better overall. In fact, I'm supposed to close tonight on a refi which will knock 6 years off my mortgage and save 80,000 in interest over the course of the loan (compared to org loan)...

The F is not cheap to fix if issues arise but I also find the car to be highly reliable compared to other high perf cars. My M3 ate tires and they weren't cheap either. The F is getting 20,000 plus on the tires so I have no problem putting new tires on knowing they should last.

Luckily my dad is a mechanic so he can do the rotors and pads. I bought oem pads years back on eBay from another Lexus dealer and my dad installed them. I'll probably do the same next time around.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a lady who likes her house, so sure, there are days I dream of a new kitchen rather than the F lol.... But I do love the car. I tell myself now that Im keeping it until the wheels fall off (unless of course something bad hits with my finances ) I only owe 8k and I'm hoping to pay it off in 2015. I just tell myself to keep about $2000 set aside in case anything comes up....

Enjoy the zl1 when you get it. I got to admit, gm/Chevy is coming out with some good looking cars...
Old 12-15-14, 04:39 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by cpcc
If I can ask, where in MO are you getting your car serviced?
I'm in St Louis and those prices seem rather steep.
I just go to plaza in creve coeur for oil changes. My dad did the pads a while back.

Where do you recommend?
Old 12-30-14, 10:59 AM
topguy573
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm picking up my ISF from plaza tonight. Can't wait to the be a part of the F family.

As far as your kitchen goes, let me know when your ready, i'll give you a good deal on granite/quartz countertops.

Cheers
Old 01-05-15, 04:01 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by topguy573
I'm picking up my ISF from plaza tonight. Can't wait to the be a part of the F family.

As far as your kitchen goes, let me know when your ready, i'll give you a good deal on granite/quartz countertops.

Cheers
Happy new year and CONGRATS on your new ISF!

Let us know how you like it and post some pics!

What a small world.... You mentioned countertops and I've been getting quotes on white quartz for my bathroom vanity. It's 72" inches... I started looking for remnants bc quartz is pricey. Anyway I'll send ya private message. Maybe we can work something out. I'm looking to redo the bathroom in the next month or two.
Old 01-05-15, 12:01 PM
topguy573
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Heather558
Happy new year and CONGRATS on your new ISF!

Let us know how you like it and post some pics!

What a small world.... You mentioned countertops and I've been getting quotes on white quartz for my bathroom vanity. It's 72" inches... I started looking for remnants bc quartz is pricey. Anyway I'll send ya private message. Maybe we can work something out. I'm looking to redo the bathroom in the next month or two.

what quartz have you been looking at? Cambria, Silestone, Caesarstone? I can get them all.
Old 01-05-15, 03:49 PM
BradLTL
Driver School Candidate

Well, tires, brake pads and rotors are wear items on all cars. The difference in price on those items compared to a Civic is really only going to be a couple hundred bucks. Seems like a lot at one time, but tires and brakes should last awhile.

When I bought my first Porsche, I learned the difference between buying a car and affording a car. Despite loving the car I had to sell it when it needed a repair I couldn't afford (transmission syncros). I really regretted it. If you can see the expenses coming, try and put a little away ahead of time to help make it not such a shock.