IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

So.... general consensus PPE or Sikky?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-14, 10:44 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
no it is not because of the headers, mainly the sensor become bad or the wiring is exposed to the elements. headers themselves are spotless. so in the end if its mainly the sensor and wiring. I would recommend getting the extension from Paul so you can avoid all this.
You mean the O2 extension? I have the O2 extension and conditioner.
Old 04-27-14, 12:02 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
I think both depends on mainly the installer. If you have someone who install headers before and know what he is doing you will probably have a less chance of running into issues. I notice people with sikky complain of fitment issues. People with ppe after a while check engine codes came up. i know mines did but I cleared it and it never came back on.
Not the case. I have been building cars 6 days a week for 16 years and I have a pretty good feel for quality and know how to handle fitment issues. It is not uncommon to have to tweak aftermarket parts for fit but those headers are one step up from eBay level.

The welds are bad, there is slag in them, the collector merge is not a smooth transition, the flanges are not flat and the coating had issues. On top of that the fit is awful and they are a pita to install.
But, the simulators seem to work good.

I had to hammer out the frame of a car, grind the motor mount brackets, grind the bell housing and remove the starter heat shield to fit a set of Sikky headers on an ISF.

I'm pretty sure there jig shifts and every set fits different.

I can send pics later if you guys need to see it to believe it.

PPE are top of the line build quality all around and the install is a smooth process. I was impressed by them the first time I looked at them and was even happier once I installed a few sets and everything was consistent.

That said, I'm done with this topic. It has been beaten in the the ground. If anyone can't make up there mind at this point just pic one or the other and decide for your self.
Old 04-27-14, 12:06 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the Sikky headers installed for almost two months now and not one single problem...my headers and exhaust was installed by Lexus of Tampa Bay and I worked with their lead mechanic and Manager to ensure that any of the rattling problems I had read about would not happen to me...there were two possible rattling issues they saw during install and took care of them...hence no rattles. They did have to replace an O2 sensor because during removal from the old exhaust (5 years old) the threads go somewhat damaged...they thought they could make it work but when they got done and put the ISF on the computer it showed the sensor was bad...so they replaced that and absolutely zero problems (knock on wood)...and I will say I cannot wait to dyno my car as it feels and sounds faster???
Old 04-27-14, 01:17 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Can't believe this discussion is still ongoing after all these years. PPE fitment and quality is head and shoulders above Sikky.

Now go ahead and flip a coin. Heads for PPE, Tails for Sikky.

Dilemma solved!
Old 04-27-14, 04:01 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintLexus

Cayman.... that's what I wanted to hear that you're CEL free problem with Sikky. I just read the link of toothdoc's comparison. Given the chance.... would you buy PPE over Sikky now?
If I were to do it again today, I would get a set of stainless steel PPE headers and reuse the SIKKY O2 sim.
Old 04-27-14, 05:06 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
If I were to do it again today, I would get a set of stainless steel PPE headers and reuse the SIKKY O2 sim.
Thought ppe were coated mild steel?

EDIT- Nevermind. Didn't realize they would custom make them in SS.. That is pretty cool.

Last edited by Cronic; 04-27-14 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-27-14, 05:12 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I've been running Sikky headers (second F to ever have them) and never once a CEL and have been extremely happy with the performance on the track.
^^^ IM with this guy... Have had my sikky headers for 30 thousand miles, no issues at all, they made me 40 whp and am extremely happy with them. But agree with his post about Stainless PPE a second time around. Probably ceramic coated in and out too boot.

Last edited by darbs242; 04-27-14 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-27-14, 06:28 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

PPE here. No rattles, no CELS, 400whp, and I just passed my OBDII emissions scan last week.

Grade A product.