IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

USDM ISF ECU TUNE - FINAL STAGE! 2008-2013 Owner needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-14, 12:59 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
this...

Nigel I think what he is saying is that the price of this tune is substantially more expensive than what the Ferrrari guys are paying for a tune... for a brand new 458 Italia

I understand the monopoly aspect, but this could be very lucrative even if its a couple hundred more than the most expensive C63, and E92M3 tunes...

Everything else "looks" fantastic on paper
How much are tunes for the 458 Italia?

What are prices for C63, E92?

I haven't a clue. I came from the Subaru world where an AccessPort and tune might cost $800ish.

EDIT:

C63 tune for $1200. http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...oftware-detail

Last edited by tgui; 05-16-14 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-16-14, 01:19 PM
Stuno1
Driver

Can get jag xfr tune for 800 pounds which delivers 40bhp. So 1300 dollars.
Old 05-16-14, 01:31 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nigel,

please pm me details (cost) etc
Old 05-16-14, 01:59 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
What you are saying is like how european guy talk about Lexus.
Why are you paying so much for a Toyota?
Lexus is Toyota, it is Japanese car, it is overpriced etc etc.
European guy never drive any Lexus, and they don't know what Lexus is.
I am a European guy. Born and raised,
I do drive ISF.
I guess I know what Isf is .... LOL

Your price is insane.
If it was not insane, it would be posted in the first post of this thread.
Old 05-16-14, 03:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Not really. Dealer do not update your ECU.
I believe they can and do. AFAIK, there was a recall (that I avoided) that updated the ECU so that if the brakes were applied with the gas pedal depressed, it would cut power to the engine. As I recall the fix was an ECU reflash done by the dealer.

Lou
Old 05-16-14, 03:13 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I believe they can and do. AFAIK, there was a recall (that I avoided) that updated the ECU so that if the brakes were applied with the gas pedal depressed, it would cut power to the engine. As I recall the fix was an ECU reflash done by the dealer.

Lou
Even if they can, they most likely will not. They do not want to be involved with a tampered ECU.
Old 05-16-14, 03:27 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

^^^^It there were to be another recall, and the car was at the dealer, they would scan the VIN, and if a reflash were due, the dealer would do it, unless the owner specifically said Not To. As I said, I did not have my ECU reflashed. And during the recall I was called three times by service, requesting I bring my F in. I refused each time. Also, I do not think it is uncommon for a dealer to reflash an ECU as a diagnostic tool.

As far as a tampered ECU, Nigel has stated that the Saird reflash would be undetectable by the dealer.

Lou
Old 05-16-14, 04:32 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

^^^^It there were to be another recall, and the car was at the dealer, they would scan the VIN, and if a reflash were due, the dealer would do it, unless the owner specifically said Not To. As I said, I did not have my ECU reflashed. And during the recall I was called three times by service, requesting I bring my F in. I refused each time. Also, I do not think it is uncommon for a dealer to reflash an ECU as a diagnostic tool.

As far as a tampered ECU, Nigel has stated that the Saird reflash would be undetectable by the dealer.

Lou
I've seen this exact scenario happen on other platforms. Except with those cars you can just send the ecu back domestically, take it back to a local tuner, or in many cases flash it yourself depending on which platform.

I gotta agree with those saying SARD missed the mark on price. Can't see many people jumping on this bandwagon for that price.
Old 05-16-14, 04:37 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lou
I was saying this based on you just walking in without any issues and flat out request to flash the ECU back to stock. the dealership is not dumb, they know the ECU has a high chance of not having issues since its almost uncrackable. They will not just literally "flash it back to stock specs" for no apparent reason.
Old 05-16-14, 04:45 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cronic
I gotta agree with those saying SARD missed the mark on price. Can't see many people jumping on this bandwagon for that price.
Maybe it wasn't Sard who missed the mark on the price......
Old 05-16-14, 05:02 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Compthis
Do you want to debate semantics? The point is, it is my, and clearly many other peoples opinion that whoever is responsible for pricing this, missed the mark. And by that I mean what most of us seem to be willing to pay for an intangible item like an ecu flash. Is that better?
Old 05-16-14, 05:39 PM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Well, that's reality when there's quite a bit of demand and only one supplier.
Old 05-16-14, 05:43 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you want to debate semantics? The point is, it is my, and clearly many other peoples opinion that whoever is responsible for pricing this, missed the mark. And by that I mean what most of us seem to be willing to pay for an intangible item like an ecu flash. Is that better?
Thank god you explained it, I get it now.
Old 05-16-14, 07:12 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
this...

Nigel I think what he is saying is that the price of this tune is substantially more expensive than what the Ferrrari guys are paying for a tune... for a brand new 458 Italia

I understand the monopoly aspect, but this could be very lucrative even if its a couple hundred more than the most expensive C63, and E92M3 tunes...

Everything else "looks" fantastic on paper
I understand what he said, and you know what?
I sell Ferrari and Lambo genuine parts too!
A Ferrari F458 Headlight is CHEAPER than Lexus LS600hL Headlight.
Can you believe it?

And how much is the LFA? For the price of the LFA, you can get other super car.

This is the price for Japanese tuner to tune the ISF.
Go to iCode, Novel etc.
David have a pm with me and they said the price is on spot from what Novel will charge him for the ECU reflash tune.

SARD Racing were NEVER intend to do the ECU flash for the U.S. market.
They did it because all of you guys are asking for it and we spent a year to do this project for the USDM ECU.

Originally Posted by Rossi
I am a European guy. Born and raised,
I do drive ISF.
I guess I know what Isf is .... LOL

Your price is insane.
If it was not insane, it would be posted in the first post of this thread.
It was NOT posted on the first post, because it is not official release.
We still need 4 persons to test it before SARD Racing said ok for public release.
Also, if there is a price in the first post, this thread will be close!
No for sale thread allow in this section, we will have to go back to the vendor section.

I've seen this exact scenario happen on other platforms. Except with those cars you can just send the ecu back domestically, take it back to a local tuner, or in many cases flash it yourself depending on which platform.

Like I said SARD is the only one who can tune the Lexus ECU even in Japan.
All tuner in Japan are using the device provided by SARD.
They charge 200,000 - 350,000 YEN, depends on what they do with the reflash.
A speed limiter cancel device is 150,000 YEN and it only cancel the 180km speed limiter in Japan.

SARD Racing were never intend to deal with the U.S. market.
They did it because all of you guys are asking for it and we start to deal with them.
It is a special request project for them, and the job to do the USDM ECU is harder than the JDM.

Originally Posted by Compthis
The price for all Japanese tuner to tune the Lexus ECU are listed on their website and it is in 2.X - 3K range. (JDM Spec only)

Last edited by Nigel-JDMParts; 05-16-14 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-16-14, 07:21 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was just thinking.....Wouldn't they have this tune available in Australia already? If I'm right they have JDM spec cars down under, no? If that is the case, we do have members from Australia but I don't hear anything about this tune from them. That leads me to my next thought.....why don't any of the Lexus owners in Japan ever join/talk on this forum? We seem to have ISF owners from all over the world coming here but I don't ever recall any from Japan.
What I'm getting at is the idea that it would be nice to have someone in a part of the world that has Sard tune already give use some feedback. It has not been tested on a U.S. ECU but from my understanding this tune is not new for Japan and maybe Australia.

Quick Reply: USDM ISF ECU TUNE - FINAL STAGE! 2008-2013 Owner needed!