IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

USDM ISF ECU TUNE - FINAL STAGE! 2008-2013 Owner needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-14, 09:20 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
Exactly
When does yours get here?
Old 05-20-14, 10:48 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by amgone75

Heres an in car pic of Taku's ISF with the Sard tune.
What happened to your tune?
Old 05-20-14, 03:36 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
When does yours get here?
As soon as the donations that would get me to be the test mule and for the dyno time start rolling in
Old 05-20-14, 06:14 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RCB
As soon as the donations that would get me to be the test mule and for the dyno time start rolling in
Lol that's a lot of donations.

Honestly if the test mule discount was bigger mine would be on its way.
Old 05-20-14, 06:41 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cronic
Lol that's a lot of donations.

Honestly if the test mule discount was bigger mine would be on its way.
You and me both.....
Old 05-20-14, 07:32 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Compthis
You and me both.....
9% off of ludicrous price = slightly less ludicrous price..lol
Old 05-20-14, 07:49 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Is the bottom end and valvetrain good for the new rpm limit? There are too few details surrounding this tune to give me the comfy feeling. It would be nice if you could get a SARD engineer to sign up so we could ask him/her questions directly. How much is the car leaned out? How much total ignition advance is added? Engine and transmission durability questions would certainly be on the table for us header/exhaust guys if the tune actually is good for another 40hp. The raised rpm limit is the real area of question for me. Rpms kill engines much faster than power will.
Old 05-20-14, 09:14 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

You raise some valid concerns. It's also very easy to know the ecu has been modified when it'll have stored revs of 7200.
Old 05-20-14, 09:41 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

JDM parts have always been more expensive, when i had ISx50 to replace rear view mirror was $1200 so price is relative. Some people have no problem spending $2400 for Axel Back Meisterschaft Stainless GTS Exhaust or $7000 for Novel headers and exhaust, equal length headers and exhaust for e90's M3 also cost around $7K range. They make cars sound great but are they worth money ? Or $5k on set of rims and tires are they worth money in my opinion no but for those that don't mind paying price good for them.

We finally have viable Tuning solution and people are complaining about price, is it expensive yes but how can people compare price to cars such as civic, sti, m3, etc these cars built by 10 of thousands per yr vs a little over 10 thousands cars built in 7yrs. And of those 10 thousands F how many will actually get this upgrade?

Even if it were between $1500 and $2000 you would still have people complaining about price. Of course you can sell tune for few hundred dollars when sell them by thousand per year, year after year which will never happen for IS-F.

What matters to me is reliability, and this sounds very good so far. What intrigues me the most about this system is the increase in midrange power, better throttle response, faster shifting, increase rpm, and additional Hp. Those first 4 area's are exactly what F needed in my opinion. Can't wait to see additional info on this tune and if everything works well I'll probably get this tune.
Old 05-20-14, 10:28 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fstpassat
Is the bottom end and valvetrain good for the new rpm limit? There are too few details surrounding this tune to give me the comfy feeling. It would be nice if you could get a SARD engineer to sign up so we could ask him/her questions directly. How much is the car leaned out? How much total ignition advance is added? Engine and transmission durability questions would certainly be on the table for us header/exhaust guys if the tune actually is good for another 40hp. The raised rpm limit is the real area of question for me. Rpms kill engines much faster than power will.
this.........
Old 05-21-14, 08:02 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
We finally have viable Tuning solution and people are complaining about price, is it expensive yes but how can people compare price to cars such as civic, sti, m3, etc these cars built by 10 of thousands per yr vs a little over 10 thousands cars built in 7yrs. And of those 10 thousands F how many will actually get this upgrade?

Even if it were between $1500 and $2000 you would still have people complaining about price. Of course you can sell tune for few hundred dollars when sell them by thousand per year, year after year which will never happen for IS-F.

What matters to me is reliability, and this sounds very good so far. What intrigues me the most about this system is the increase in midrange power, better throttle response, faster shifting, increase rpm, and additional Hp. Those first 4 area's are exactly what F needed in my opinion. Can't wait to see additional info on this tune and if everything works well I'll probably get this tune.
This ^^^^^

What happened to people understanding you have to "pay to play" in life..

Not so much. How long has the 2urgse and aa80e been boosted, tuned and all out beat on in Japan... Six years +. Also, there are more people than what post on this forum who have been running 150+ shots of NOS here in the states as well. Cant forget the fly by night turbo guys either. As much as everyone doesn't want to believe there are boosted ISFs around, there are...and they perform.

I think its pretty well documented this power train can handle +100whp with ease. The increased RPM is an area of concern but this is SARD of Japan. Come on guys, they are world class and this is finally a REAL tuning option!

Thank you, Nigel for offering this amazing opportunity to the community. I hope you are not discouraged by the initial forum concern and push back.
Old 05-21-14, 08:43 AM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Again, my main point of concern is the increased rpms. I want data that there is no concern with valve float or oil starvation at the raised rpm limit. Oil pumps are pumps after all and they have efficient islands the same as any other pump. Also, what is the tq rating of our transmission?

Edit: And no one is here discouraging anything. We all want a tune as much as the next guy. However, these are legitimate questions that people want to know before they drop thousands on a product that *potentially* has the ability to destroy the motor and or transmission of their $60k+ dollar vehicle. These responses are par for the course in the automotive world.

Last edited by fstpassat; 05-21-14 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-21-14, 01:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

price is too high. Gains unproven . will void warranty. BUT SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

Im all about simple mods like rear sway bar , Michelin PSS, and reliable fun with no droning , CEL lights, or other issues . Guess Im getting too old. What I have learned over the last 20 years of tuning is if you want a faster car, save your money and go buy one. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-21-14 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-21-14, 03:21 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
price is too high. Gains unproven . will void warranty. BUT SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

Im all about simple mods like rear sway bar , Michelin PSS, and reliable fun with no droning , CEL lights, or other issues . Guess Im getting too old. What I have learned over the last 20 years of tuning is if you want a faster car, save your money and go buy one. Just my 2 cents
This is from SARD.....should be no different then ppl paying for an AMG performance pack that gives a tune with added HP other than the warranty part.
Old 05-21-14, 09:41 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Again, my main point of concern is the increased rpms. I want data that there is no concern with valve float or oil starvation at the raised rpm limit. Oil pumps are pumps after all and they have efficient islands the same as any other pump. Also, what is the tq rating of our transmission?

Edit: And no one is here discouraging anything. We all want a tune as much as the next guy. However, these are legitimate questions that people want to know before they drop thousands on a product that *potentially* has the ability to destroy the motor and or transmission of their $60k+ dollar vehicle. These responses are par for the course in the automotive world.
The ECU tune is not a crack. All data are provided by Toyota and Denso.
SARD Racing is a racing team for Lexus Japan and Toyota Japan.
There is special edition Mark X in Japan with 6 speed manual transmission for sell under Toyota Japan dealership. The 6 speed transmission kit and ecu tune are all provided by SARD.
If SARD is not capable of doing things like that, Toyota will not sell a car like that in Japan.

Also, the ECU tune have been out for years in Japan, IS250, 350, ISF, and other Toyota cars.
Like I said SARD ECU tuning are going from super conservative (Lexus or Toyota OEM) to conservative (SARD)
SARD is a very old school company and they worry about the reliability issue as much as all of us.

Quick Reply: USDM ISF ECU TUNE - FINAL STAGE! 2008-2013 Owner needed!