IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another Happy BC Coilover Install - Thanks FIGS Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-14, 05:06 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
what tire sizes?? The front almost looks like a 255/35. Could be angle or lighting. Looks great
Yup, they are 255/35. Thanks.

Originally Posted by jay714
Looks great...Thanks for sharing your pics.

Can you tell us if this is the lowest setting, or is this the out-the-box setting? Noticed you opted for the "Non-extreme drop" version so wanted to know if this is the lowest it would sit on 20s.

Getting ready to order BCR coils myself so wanna make sure I order the right options.
This is as low as the front can go with the current tire size I have. Right now on big bumps I get a little rubbing on the fender liner. However, the coiloves can go much lower. I also didn't pay attention to what was setup in the box. I set the length to what stock was and adjusted from there. Are you running stock? If so, I have a favor as I failed on this part... If you measure the distance from the ground, through the center of you wheel, to the edge of the fender; does is the distance the same when you compare it from front to rear?
Old 07-17-14, 03:34 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. I would just lower the car more in my eyes it just looks weird....granted mines is slammed maybe that's why lol
Old 07-17-14, 06:58 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
Looks great. I would just lower the car more in my eyes it just looks weird....granted mines is slammed maybe that's why lol
I want to go lower! Sadly, the setup on the front tires are not working out to get any lower. Not sure if they gave me the wrong offset or the tire size is just to wide. What are you running up front? From the pictures on your build, that's how low I wanted to go.
Old 07-17-14, 09:54 PM
jay714
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anAgent
This is as low as the front can go with the current tire size I have. Right now on big bumps I get a little rubbing on the fender liner. However, the coiloves can go much lower. I also didn't pay attention to what was setup in the box. I set the length to what stock was and adjusted from there. Are you running stock? If so, I have a favor as I failed on this part... If you measure the distance from the ground, through the center of you wheel, to the edge of the fender; does is the distance the same when you compare it from front to rear?
Thanks OP. Yah, my suspension is stock at the moment so I should be able to do the measurement and post the results to this thread.
Old 07-18-14, 02:07 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Thanks OP. Yah, my suspension is stock at the moment so I should be able to do the measurement and post the results to this thread.
I'm running 245/30 at front. The front will rub regardless our inner liner is just too weird/bumpy. Therefore it will take sometime for the rubbing to go away until the tire chews up the plastic n makes it's mold. I know it sounds scary but really there is no harm to the car.
Old 07-18-14, 07:08 AM
roswell
Pole Position

Here's a recent photo with the setup. Picture isn't the best, but it should show the stance.

20" CV7 Vossens on BC Coilovers

Wow, the drop looks perfect. Not too low not too high, and equal front & rear.

My coilovers with upgraded spring rate 14/10 should arrive today... I hope they will work as good as the 16/12.
Old 07-18-14, 04:12 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by roswell
Wow, the drop looks perfect. Not too low not too high, and equal front & rear.

My coilovers with upgraded spring rate 14/10 should arrive today... I hope they will work as good as the 16/12.
Thanks! I'm sure it will look great. Good luck on the install. If you have any questions, feel free to ping me. I can tell you all the things I did wrong.
Old 07-18-14, 10:23 PM
jay714
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the delay, but here are the measurements:

For stock suspension:

Front = 27inches (ground through center of wheel to edge of fender)
Rear = 26inches (ground through center of wheel to edge of fender)

Hope this helps...
Old 07-19-14, 07:24 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Sorry for the delay, but here are the measurements:

For stock suspension:

Front = 27inches (ground through center of wheel to edge of fender)
Rear = 26inches (ground through center of wheel to edge of fender)

Hope this helps...
Thank you! This is very helpful.
Old 07-19-14, 08:30 AM
roswell
Pole Position

Can someone post a pic or link me to pics of cars lowered on the BC Coilovers installed with the out of the box settings?

I'm asking cuz I'm not sure if I should adjust before installing mine. Thx
Old 07-21-14, 08:35 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Can someone post a pic or link me to pics of cars lowered on the BC Coilovers installed with the out of the box settings?

I would start a new topic rather than hi-jack this one. :-)

However, to answer your question.
I'm not sure the the coilovers are "setup" out of the box. I'm pretty sure you'll need to adjust the height as I think they are shortened for shipping . For instance, there was no WAY my car would work "out of the box".

If you're on this page because you purchased from FIGS, talk to Mike. He'll be able to answer your questions professionally. Else, my tip to you is to measure the height of your stock and adjust the height based on how much lower you want to go from there. It's even a snap to adjust them while they are on the car.
Old 07-21-14, 11:55 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

I just slapped mine on without adjusting and it was slammed. I wrote my measurements down for where I have it set now which is just -1" front and -.5 rear. I'll try to find them when I get home if you want to try to pre-adjust them and use them as a starting point.
Old 07-21-14, 07:59 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack ur thread OP. And thx for the tips, my Coilovers are going on tomorrow so I will sure tell them to measure first or adjust later as I don't want to be slammed.