IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

If you had $1,500 to spend on your IS-F...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-14, 08:12 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

You need to make sure your car is mechanically sound before you start messing with it.

Has your water pump been replaced? Hopefully you are under some type of warranty.

Take it into to a Lexus dealer and have them inspect the whole car and see what needs to be done.

If your car is in perfect shape, I would buy tires and Figs front bushings, then save up for a true Limited Slip diff on your 08.

A
Old 10-31-14, 01:52 PM
mkp81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
You need to make sure your car is mechanically sound before you start messing with it.

Has your water pump been replaced? Hopefully you are under some type of warranty.

Take it into to a Lexus dealer and have them inspect the whole car and see what needs to be done.

If your car is in perfect shape, I would buy tires and Figs front bushings, then save up for a true Limited Slip diff on your 08.

A
Are the water pumps prone to going out that early??? Just took it in to Lexus dealer before my road trip to VA and had oil changed and multipoint inspection done. They said car looks good, no issues found. Not sure how thorough they were but I feel okay with it. Definitely setting aside money for tires from here on..
thanks
Old 10-31-14, 01:57 PM
mkp81
Driver School Candidate

*Follow-up on my Borla. Ordered from JEGS since they were the cheapest. Initially said would ship by the 3rd, email last night said it would be the 21st before it went out. Soooooo, cancelled that and went through Summit. Hopefully it'll be here next week being that I'm closer to Summit anyway.

Really digging those 19 Velgen VM85's in the classified section. But I'm trying to hold out on wheels lol.
Old 10-31-14, 02:21 PM
H60Driver
Driver

Check Amazon
Old 10-31-14, 04:45 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
^^^^^^Not from them, especially if you end up with a curbed wheel and need a replacement after already buying two sets of wheels and a set of tires from them, expect to pay $100 more then you originally paid (not including shipping) for one replacement wheel the second time around ^^^^^^

Please understand that the $100 extra that you were quoted was simply because there was a mistake made initially in quoting you and we honored your price and lost money. Even though we made a mistake, we do value our customers and back up what we say. The wheel was sold to you at $300. Please be fair and honest and mention the price you are getting the wheel and tire for now. We still offered the wheel and tire at $432 shipped. At that price we are still at a loss. I guarantee you that you will not get a lower price! We appreciate your business and still offered the wheel to you at a price that is unmatched. You are welcome to contact the manufacturer or any other dealer that carries the wheels to confirm. Please check to see if you can get a better price. Here are the details below:

Wheel: 20x9 Stance SC8
Tire: Accelera PHI 245/35/20
Old 10-31-14, 04:47 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for a 1st mod, Joe Z exhaust is hard to beat. it's more like $1700 shipped though, not a big difference.
Old 10-31-14, 05:22 PM
mkp81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 786
for a 1st mod, Joe Z exhaust is hard to beat. it's more like $1700 shipped though, not a big difference.
$980 vs $1700 ? Pretty substantial difference in MY budget lol.
Old 10-31-14, 05:35 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Please understand that the $100 extra that you were quoted was simply because there was a mistake made initially in quoting you and we honored your price and lost money. Even though we made a mistake, we do value our customers and back up what we say. The wheel was sold to you at $300. Please be fair and honest and mention the price you are getting the wheel and tire for now. We still offered the wheel and tire at $432 shipped. At that price we are still at a loss. I guarantee you that you will not get a lower price! We appreciate your business and still offered the wheel to you at a price that is unmatched. You are welcome to contact the manufacturer or any other dealer that carries the wheels to confirm. Please check to see if you can get a better price. Here are the details below:

Wheel: 20x9 Stance SC8
Tire: Accelera PHI 245/35/20
I don't want to rain on this guys thread much further, but if you ask me to be fair and honest, it wasn't a mistake in the wheel price, it was cooking the books. Marking up other items during my purchase (which is fine, capitalism and profits make this world go round) but only to hide the profit by showing me a lower price on a wheel that I wouldn't have paid more for (if I would've seen them for $100 more a piece) just to beat a quote that was given and earn my business. Sound about right?

For example:
Retail on one vossen wheel is XXX.XX dollars
Retail on a stance wheel is XXX.XX dollars

You mark up the tires and the vossen wheels, only to show me a discount on the stance wheels (therefore devaluing the stance brand name and wheel I purchased by "showing" me a lower price, per wheel on the Stance wheels), only to leave me pissed off when a wheel gets damaged and I need to buy a replacement. Why not just call it like it is from the beginning and use the REAL price I'm paying per wheel on the invoice, so that we can avoid messes like this in the future? When I see on my invoice that I paid one price (due to you guys fudging the numbers to make a sale or not), then telling me if I want the same wheel I gotta pay $100 more then my invoice shows and blame it on "we already took a loss, we sold it for less by accident the first time", thats whats shady to me. :thumbed:

As a business, you should follow through. You win some, you lose some. You could've said, crap we fudged the numbers and showed him he paid less for this wheel then he actually paid, and sold me the replacement at the same price you showed me I paid the first time and ate the loss on it to keep my business and keep me happy. Instead, you took a large chunk of change from me and hung me out to dry over $100 for a temporary sale, instead of looking at the bigger picture and winning a customer for life. I typically buy 1-2 cars a year, a few of the years I was buying 3-4, mostly all got aftermarket wheels. But hey, who's asking me. At the end of the day if $100 is worth that to you guys, it will eventually cost you a lot more in sales then that.

Last edited by RedlineAZ; 10-31-14 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-02-14, 02:39 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mkp81
Are the water pumps prone to going out that early??? Just took it in to Lexus dealer before my road trip to VA and had oil changed and multipoint inspection done. They said car looks good, no issues found. Not sure how thorough they were but I feel okay with it. Definitely setting aside money for tires from here on..
thanks
They sure are. Almost all 08-09 had faulty water pumps that would leak....look for pink slime by your water pump...you have to really look in there to see it...
Old 11-02-14, 03:12 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

only thing that is ugly from a stock ISF is the wheel gap/ride height. use that money to drop your car. preferably coilovers. you can get a smooth ride (if you want that) and drastically make your car look better.
Old 11-04-14, 07:50 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
I would buy some track days so you can learn how to drive the car at it's limit.
Best advice in the whole thread.