IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

3.266 diff crown and pinion - fit ISF diff or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-19, 07:58 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Keep it up. We all NEED THIS KNOWLEDGE. It could be a game changer.

shame on anybody not repping him!
The following users liked this post:
1sFTW (05-25-19)
Old 05-25-19, 12:12 PM
1sFTW
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Alrighty, everything is in! The only modification was the rear isf cover to the 13 gs350 diff. The car is hesitant to downshift while driving in manual mode, I have seen it downshift properly only once, other than that, it will stay in eighth until I come to a complete stop and it’ll be in first. Shifting responds normally, I will probably have to downshift my self if it doesn’t get fixed with more driving. It drives normal in auto, upshifts smooth and downshifts properly when coming to a stop, not jerky at all. In auto, it will downshift properly when cruising in eighth, it put me in sixth when I was in eighth to pass from 45 to 65. So far, I can tell it’s picked up it’s acceleration. I spun second pretty good at about 50% throttle. I haven’t done WOT yet. I can just tell it’s picked up. I will not have a performance based comparison until this coming Friday at test and tune. Seeing that I spun second in regular manual not sport, we all know how much this car picks it up in sport, I hope I can catch at the strip on streets. This is about 30 minutes of city driving mixed with 10 minutes on a “highway”. If there are things y’all would like me to test and try out, let me know. Y’all will have to wait until Friday before I take her down the strip!
The following 3 users liked this post by 1sFTW:
idoke1 (05-25-19), lobuxracer (05-25-19), mike33 (05-25-19)
Old 05-25-19, 12:14 PM
1sFTW
Driver

idoke1 (05-25-19)
Old 05-25-19, 01:39 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 346 Likes on 218 Posts

What mods do you have aside from the diff and exhaust? Also when you say it hesitates are you saying it doesn’t shift at all or there is a big delay when trying to downshift? Great job with everything btw.
Old 05-25-19, 01:43 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sFTW
Alrighty, everything is in! The only modification was the rear isf cover to the 13 gs350 diff. The car is hesitant to downshift while driving in manual mode, I have seen it downshift properly only once, other than that, it will stay in eighth until I come to a complete stop and it’ll be in first. Shifting responds normally, I will probably have to downshift my self if it doesn’t get fixed with more driving. It drives normal in auto, upshifts smooth and downshifts properly when coming to a stop, not jerky at all. In auto, it will downshift properly when cruising in eighth, it put me in sixth when I was in eighth to pass from 45 to 65. So far, I can tell it’s picked up it’s acceleration. I spun second pretty good at about 50% throttle. I haven’t done WOT yet. I can just tell it’s picked up. I will not have a performance based comparison until this coming Friday at test and tune. Seeing that I spun second in regular manual not sport, we all know how much this car picks it up in sport, I hope I can catch at the strip on streets. This is about 30 minutes of city driving mixed with 10 minutes on a “highway”. If there are things y’all would like me to test and try out, let me know. Y’all will have to wait until Friday before I take her down the strip!
Looking forward to your results from the strip. Do you run drag radials there?
Old 05-25-19, 02:03 PM
1sFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
What mods do you have aside from the diff and exhaust? Also when you say it hesitates are you saying it doesn’t shift at all or there is a big delay when trying to downshift? Great job with everything btw.
Exhaust, VR tuned, HPS elbow, aFe Filter. In manual, I can flip through gears, up and down, easily. It’s responsive like stock. The car does not want to down shift on its own unless you are in auto. So I’ll be driving along and when I’m slowing down, it’ll hold its gear until I come to a complete stop and then all of a sudden I’m in first.

Last edited by 1sFTW; 05-25-19 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-25-19, 02:05 PM
1sFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by tas02
Looking forward to your results from the strip. Do you run drag radials there?
No, soon hopefully!. Looking at the R888R since it’s one of the only DRs that will fit the car at 19in rims.
Old 05-25-19, 03:28 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Alrighty, everything is in! The only modification was the rear isf cover to the 13 gs350 diff.
Can you detail the modification?

Curious that it doesn't auto down shift in manual mode...though this isn't a deal breaker for me.

Did you reset the ecu? ie disconnect the battery?

Can you give us some updates on a few full throttle runs?

Really happy for you that got his sorted!

I'm offering to pay for your track fees on Friday...since I'll likely be doing this mod on the back of your hard work...
redspencer (05-26-19)
Old 05-25-19, 03:38 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 346 Likes on 218 Posts

Exhaust, VR tuned, HPS elbow, aFe Filter. In manual, I can flip through gears, up and down, easily. It’s responsive like stock. The car does not want to down shift on its own unless you are in auto. So I’ll be driving along and when I’m slowing down, it’ll hold its gear until I come to a complete stop and then all of a sudden I’m in first.
What’s your best time at the moment quarter mile? What was the DA? Temps? Etc.
Old 05-25-19, 04:07 PM
1sFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by RRocket
Can you detail the modification?

Curious that it doesn't auto down shift in manual mode...though this isn't a deal breaker for me.

Did you reset the ecu? ie disconnect the battery?

Can you give us some updates on a few full throttle runs?

Really happy for you that got his sorted!

I'm offering to pay for your track fees on Friday...since I'll likely be doing this mod on the back of your hard work...
I appreciate the offer! But I respectfully decline, it’s no problem. Give me until Friday before the track as I only have about 30 minutes in the car so far, that way I’ll be able to give you a better explanation (in 30 minutes I’m satisfied, I did a second gear pull with sport mode and I took off like a bat outta hell). I am going to give it 2 days before I mess with the ecu, this has already crossed my mind, it’s no issue to reflash it once I restart it. I haven’t been wot yet, I was at about 70% for my second gear pull. I’m going to document everything for you guys and I’ll give a detail explanation right before Friday. Also to your detail the mod, what do you mean by that?
Old 05-25-19, 04:44 PM
1sFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
What’s your best time at the moment quarter mile? What was the DA? Temps? Etc.

Old 05-25-19, 05:43 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

I appreciate the offer! But I respectfully decline, it’s no problem. Give me until Friday before the track as I only have about 30 minutes in the car so far, that way I’ll be able to give you a better explanation (in 30 minutes I’m satisfied, I did a second gear pull with sport mode and I took off like a bat outta hell). I am going to give it 2 days before I mess with the ecu, this has already crossed my mind, it’s no issue to reflash it once I restart it. I haven’t been wot yet, I was at about 70% for my second gear pull. I’m going to document everything for you guys and I’ll give a detail explanation right before Friday. Also to your detail the mod, what do you mean by that?
I meant to say...the IS-F cover bolted right on...no need to mod anything? All the holes matched up?
Old 05-25-19, 05:51 PM
1sFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by RRocket
I meant to say...the IS-F cover bolted right on...no need to mod anything? All the holes matched up?
Yup! Easy transfer. (8) 14mm bolts. sealed with the high temp red gasket maker and thread locker. Same threads, depth and location for the bolts.

Last edited by 1sFTW; 05-25-19 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-26-19, 09:26 AM
1sFTW
Driver

this is a raw video showing y’all what I’m talking about in city driving. Just thought of doing it while I was driving, recorded on my iPhone
Old 05-26-19, 01:03 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Interesting.

Does it not downshift from any gear? Or only 8th? Like if you were in 4th, would it downshift?

Quick Reply: 3.266 diff crown and pinion - fit ISF diff or not?