IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SIKKY front sway bar for ISF !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-16, 12:37 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

They don't come with new ones, mine were in good condition still so I just greased them well
Old 01-02-16, 12:22 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

so just reusing the oem set with some lube ?? Sounds simple enough. Was talking to the wfe about ordering them tonight. I wasn't a little less roll, especially since I have really enhanced grip and contact patch with the huge AD08Rs. I think I have some extra grip added to battle any potential increase in under steer , plus they are adjustable
Old 01-02-16, 02:35 AM
nyroc1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
And this is my fundamental problem with all of this stuff. Feel is unimportant. Just because it feels better does not mean it performs better. It just means it feels better.

Show me it took x.xx seconds off a figure 8 time.

Show me it took x.xx seconds off your lap time at yyyyy racetrack.

Show me it raised my skidpad number 0.0x g.

All of these numbers actually mean there is an improvement. Feels better doesn't mean anything. I can tell you some of the worst mods I ever did felt good right away because for the amount of money I spent, they'd better! Then I measured them and found not only were they not good, but they weren't even as good as stock. Far too many people underestimate the effort the factory puts into building a suspension. Sure they have to make compromises, but they do an amazing job of making it all work together.
Correct.

Man I'm a huge fan of the TRD product and its proven as a great comprimise for that street/track setup it's probably more slanted to the latter.Mind you this talking about the TRD product for the Supra though.

For me the carmakers in the majority of cases just have more resources to make and test a better product.
Old 01-02-16, 10:19 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have to agree that with a car of this level and performance that the oem do really test and push the design, BUT its all a compromise. I do agree that feel doesn't mean its faster but in many cases the added feel enhances driver confidence which in turn will allow the driver to turn faster times as well as maintaining less body roll and slowing down the weight transfer as you corner.

Have never seen a company that makes sway bars offer lap time reductions. Take it or leave it I guess . They are like $350( not sure), adjustable, and can be installed in about 20 min. Where is the risk ?
Old 01-02-16, 11:15 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Ok thanks guys, does anyone have the OEM front bushing part number by any chance? Would really appreciate it as I don't want to use my 4 year old bushes, I'd rather change them to new ones since I'll be taking out the sway bars.
Old 01-02-16, 01:25 PM
nyroc1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other advantage of using the factory product it's made all to work in conjunction with one another it's not mix n match like a lot of the aftermarket stuff.All built to work together hence why I went in that direction.

As mentioned comprimise is the name of the game for a street/track setup for me the factory are a long way ahead of most aftermarket suppliers.
Old 01-02-16, 01:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,972 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have to agree that with a car of this level and performance that the oem do really test and push the design, BUT its all a compromise. I do agree that feel doesn't mean its faster but in many cases the added feel enhances driver confidence which in turn will allow the driver to turn faster times as well as maintaining less body roll and slowing down the weight transfer as you corner.

Have never seen a company that makes sway bars offer lap time reductions. Take it or leave it I guess . They are like $350( not sure), adjustable, and can be installed in about 20 min. Where is the risk ?
The risk is, it might actually be slower than the OEM bar. Roll isn't bad, and every driver's impression of what is bad roll is different. Some drivers actually prefer more roll. Besides all that, your first line of defense against roll is spring rate, not sway bar. Sways are the finishing touch and should be considered last after you've got everything else right. We've spent a lot of money to have a fully independent suspension. Swaybars take the independence away, so every increment stiffer on sways is one step closer to a solid axle.

The statement less roll is better is like more ignition advance is better. Both could not be more wrong. The correct amount of both is what makes the car go fastest. It might not feel good at all, but a good driver will be able to make it faster. That's a lot of why the nut behind the wheel is the most important part in any car.
Old 01-02-16, 03:49 PM
Justind27
Instructor

From my experience it's more uses for how your going to drive the car, different settings for different driving. I don't like street driving with them on full stiff
Old 01-02-16, 05:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The risk is, it might actually be slower than the OEM bar. Roll isn't bad, and every driver's impression of what is bad roll is different. Some drivers actually prefer more roll. Besides all that, your first line of defense against roll is spring rate, not sway bar. Sways are the finishing touch and should be considered last after you've got everything else right. We've spent a lot of money to have a fully independent suspension. Swaybars take the independence away, so every increment stiffer on sways is one step closer to a solid axle.

The statement less roll is better is like more ignition advance is better. Both could not be more wrong. The correct amount of both is what makes the car go fastest. It might not feel good at all, but a good driver will be able to make it faster. That's a lot of why the nut behind the wheel is the most important part in any car.
I remeber Randy Pobst saying " soft is grip as long as you can stand the roll ". LOL Love that guy. Thanks for explaining Lobux !! My concern is the adjustability to be honest. I kind of like when they just figure it out and give it you.
Old 01-02-16, 06:37 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

If I were buying bushings for the front anti-sway bar of the ISF, I would see if the Front FSport IS sway bar bushings are available separately. They are a higher quality and a bit harder than the stock bushings. I also find it hard to believe the Sikky Bar comes without bushings

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-02-16 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-02-16, 07:44 PM
Justind27
Instructor

The rear does, front did not.
Old 01-03-16, 12:58 PM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by flowrider
If I were buying bushings for the front anti-sway bar of the ISF, I would see if the Front FSport IS sway bar bushings are available separately. They are a higher quality and a bit harder than the stock bushings. I also find it hard to believe the Sikky Bar comes without bushings

Lou
Agreed
Old 01-03-16, 04:03 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
Ok thanks guys, does anyone have the OEM front bushing part number by any chance? Would really appreciate it as I don't want to use my 4 year old bushes, I'd rather change them to new ones since I'll be taking out the sway bars.
Another option is some aftermarket poly bushings like these..

-Mike

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=120
Old 01-04-16, 07:12 AM
Defratos
Racer

^ Thanks, since these bars are 32mm would it be ok to use 30mm bushes with these bars?
Old 01-04-16, 09:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Another option is some aftermarket poly bushings like these..

-Mike

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=120
very cool !! Thanks for posting this bud. Right on, so if we want we can all new parts. Might as well start fresh

Quick Reply: SIKKY front sway bar for ISF !!!