Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

30mm bushes are ok to use on 32mm bars?
Old 01-05-16, 04:23 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
^ Thanks, since these bars are 32mm would it be ok to use 30mm bushes with these bars?
Hmm.. I didn't realize the Sikky bar is 32mm. I presume that's the size bushing it would require. Sikky's website shows bushings in the product photo. They were not included?

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
very cool !! Thanks for posting this bud. Right on, so if we want we can all new parts. Might as well start fresh
Sure thing...I replaced my rear OEM bushings with the FIGS poly bushings I've not messed with the fronts though...

-Mike
Old 01-05-16, 09:34 AM
Defratos
Racer

Well since nearly everyone here is saying it's ok to use the OEM bushes with the Sikky front bars (baring in mind the OEM bar is 28mm) then it shouldn't be a problem using 30mm bushes on the 32mm sikky bars correct?
Old 01-05-16, 01:20 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Get stock size, the sikky front uses the stock bushes. I have the sikky bars on my car and installed them, reusing the oem front and sikky rear due to the front not coming with one.
Old 01-05-16, 11:22 PM
Defratos
Racer

either no one is understanding what I'm asking or no one actually has an answer.

Going by the same argument that the 28mm OEM Bushes will work fine with the 32mm Sikky Sway bars, then would it not be better to use the 30mm Figs Bushes instead?

To me this just sound logical, does no one understand what I'm asking here?

I know the OEM bushes work fine, but I don't want them.
Old 01-06-16, 05:51 AM
Justind27
Instructor

I get exactly what you're saying, no you don't put a bigger bar in a smaller bushing it won't work well if at all and too small of a bar in too big of a bushing you're defeating the purpose of having it in the first place.

YOU NEED 28mm then, oem is 28 and the sikky is the same so it's 28mm. It's not rocket science to listen to what credible people are sayin here (me being one, also a person who has them and installed themselves that can verify the front bar is the same size as the oem one). Sorry for the rant but Jesus Joseph and Bob
Old 01-06-16, 05:33 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting read, been looking lightly into cornering and less body roll, only on swift springs here, my whole life i've always been into sound systems and thats about it. Wheels, engines, parts, the whole car scene etc has been quite the learning experience, and will be for a long time to come. The ISF has been a new animal to me that gives me an entirely different adrenaline rush, my first rwd and v8. So banking into a corner is extremely nerve racking for me, i'm not afraid to say I don't feel comfortable in it quite yet. I prefer the feel of no to little body roll "feels" better planted when hugging the canyons. Based on some info (thanks lobux) roll isn't necessarily bad? It's better planted? Perhaps I just need to nut up and throw it into a corner, hold back the urge to nervous brake halfway into it (probably the worst thing to do) Felt pretty ashamed a wrx was able to easily out perform and lose me in the canyons of the mountains lol but hey, gotta start somewhere!
Old 01-07-16, 04:28 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dcguy
Interesting read, been looking lightly into cornering and less body roll, only on swift springs here, my whole life i've always been into sound systems and thats about it. Wheels, engines, parts, the whole car scene etc has been quite the learning experience, and will be for a long time to come. The ISF has been a new animal to me that gives me an entirely different adrenaline rush, my first rwd and v8. So banking into a corner is extremely nerve racking for me, i'm not afraid to say I don't feel comfortable in it quite yet. I prefer the feel of no to little body roll "feels" better planted when hugging the canyons. Based on some info (thanks lobux) roll isn't necessarily bad? It's better planted? Perhaps I just need to nut up and throw it into a corner, hold back the urge to nervous brake halfway into it (probably the worst thing to do) Felt pretty ashamed a wrx was able to easily out perform and lose me in the canyons of the mountains lol but hey, gotta start somewhere!
If you're still running OEM sized tires with no suspension mods, you should find that the IS-F makes it pretty easy to explore the limits of grip in the turns. Since it tends to understeer so much, you'll feel it start to push as the front begins to lose grip.. As long as you're easy on the go pedal & haven't shut off traction control, there's little risk of the rear coming around on you... Find a some smooth flat intersection or parking lot in the middle of nowhere and, as you suggested "nut up and throw it into a corner"

-Mike
Old 01-07-16, 05:11 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by Justind27
I get exactly what you're saying, no you don't put a bigger bar in a smaller bushing it won't work well if at all and too small of a bar in too big of a bushing you're defeating the purpose of having it in the first place.

YOU NEED 28mm then, oem is 28 and the sikky is the same so it's 28mm. It's not rocket science to listen to what credible people are sayin here (me being one, also a person who has them and installed themselves that can verify the front bar is the same size as the oem one). Sorry for the rant but Jesus Joseph and Bob
If the Sikky front sways are 28mm then I wouldn't have opened this subject up.

But reading the OPs first post it says 32mm.

30mm bushes should work better on 32mm bars as apposed to the 28mm bushings......or am I missing something here.

The only issue I see is IF the SIKKY front sways are 28mm and not 32mm as stated by the OP.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to installing the right parts for the car.

I understand that OEM 28mm bushes work fine with the sikky bars but what I am asking is shouldn't 30mm bushes work even better?
Old 01-07-16, 07:26 AM
Justind27
Instructor

No because the bar will be sloppy in bushing.
Old 01-07-16, 09:30 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Not the same according to this:

http://www.sikky.com/product/isf-is2...ront-sway-bar/

It is indeed 32mm and correspondingly needs bushings for a 32mm bar. And the stock ISF Front sway bar IIRC is 28.6mm.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-07-16 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-07-16, 12:02 PM
Defratos
Racer

No because the bar will be sloppy in bushing.
So if it'll be sloppy with 30mm bushings, then I wonder how bad it'll be with the OEM 28mm bushings

Originally Posted by flowrider
Not the same according to this:

http://www.sikky.com/product/isf-is2...ront-sway-bar/

It is indeed 32mm and correspondingly needs bushings for a 32mm bar. And the stock ISF Front sway bar IIRC is 28.6mm.

Lou
Thanks Lou, So now back to square 1..... where can I get 32mm polyurethane bushings that'll fit with the front Sikky sways?
Old 01-08-16, 05:45 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Tell you guys what I'll do today, I gotta change the oil and figure out this oil cooler idea, I'll measure (with my digital micrometer) the sikky bar and the OEM bushing holding it in place, 4mm of excess bar being stuffed into a bushing wouldn't likely go back together too easy in the first place.
Old 12-14-19, 06:30 PM
Devin417
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got several thousand miles on mine, it's still set on soft up front and full stuff in the rear. Drifting the car is so easy to control, 30-40 mph corners have been taken at 70-80 (granted the type/condition of tires you have make tremendous differences)
reviving an old thread but do you (or did you) daily drive the car with the sway bars at this setting?
Old 12-14-19, 07:07 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 99 Posts

I daily mine with rear set to middle setting. No big deal. Need to move mine to inner now that I have coils.

Quick Reply: SIKKY front sway bar for ISF !!!