IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

for those who have drag wheels,track wheels & winter,how do you deal w/ TPMS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-15, 09:06 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
When I bought my CPO car it came with a separate set of winter wheels. I just assumed they had TPMS being a CPO car. When I put the winter wheels I played around with the dash switch to select a second set of wheels and got the light to turn off. After about twenty minutes of driving the TPMS light would start flashing and shortly after it would stay on for good. When I got home I played around with the switch again and got the light to turn off but again after a short while the light would come. Couldn't quit figure it out at first, but then I realized that my summers were sitting in the garage near the car so it was seeing the TPMS from those wheels but as soon as I got out on the road the TPMS signal was lost and the warning light came on. I thought it was kind of cool that it was picking up the unmounted wheels. Just thought I would share that little experience with you guys...
You can drive for about 10 miles before it goes off. LOL, but I don't like seeing lights so I have two sets between the summer and winter. But with my drags, no TPMS so I get the warnings.
Old 03-06-15, 10:58 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,067 Likes on 2,464 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
Interesting, mine only has the yellow low tire light. Everything else is perfectly normal. Mine is a 2012 Canadian car
Lexus changed the functionality in MY 2011 to stop the foolishness and just indicate the yellow tire light instead of making the multidisplay completely useless.

It is still unfortunately too stupid to tell you which tire is low. Most manufacturers these days not only tell you there's a problem, but give you the option of seeing what the actual pressures are in each wheel.
Old 03-06-15, 01:37 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Lexus changed the functionality in MY 2011 to stop the foolishness and just indicate the yellow tire light instead of making the multidisplay completely useless.

It is still unfortunately too stupid to tell you which tire is low. Most manufacturers these days not only tell you there's a problem, but give you the option of seeing what the actual pressures are in each wheel.
My wife's ES shows the PSI, but hers is a 2014.
Old 03-06-15, 01:52 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggu
I just took some 3" PVC pipe and PVC caps added a shrader valve one end, glue all together with the old TPMS sensors inside and air up to the proper pressure and leave in the trunk.

I have wheels that do not use TPMS so this is my way around them for full time use.
I do the same, and check my tire pressure regularly the "old school" way... that is, I actually unscrew the valve caps and use a tire pressure gauge once a week, and add air if needed.
Old 03-19-15, 09:16 AM
hapasaiyan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got one of these, works flawlessly.

Amazon.com: ATEQ QuickSet TPMS Reset Tool: Automotive Amazon.com: ATEQ QuickSet TPMS Reset Tool: Automotive