IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Will GSF drive down prices of ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-15, 08:32 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cerberusM5
Prices of the ISF will continue to drop like most mass produced cars. It is inevitable.

Also, if Lexus decides to release an ISF on the current platform that will increase the supply of previous gen ISF on the used market pushing prices even further down, especially the newer years. I would think Lexus want a share of the m3/c63 market.
I think it's inevitable. Engine is there, platform is there.
Old 03-26-15, 08:38 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by Gymkata
I don't think the GSF is behind its competition at all. It is the most performance oriented model in the GS lineup and is a true F model, so naturally people will compare it to the M5 and E63. In reality though, its price is likely to be comparable to the 550i and E550 (now discontinued). It should have similar acceleration numbers to those cars but be superior in reliability, on a track, and in overall driving dynamics.

Now if the GSF costs the same as an E63 or M5, then yes it is behind the competition.
You're exactly correct. the M5 starts at 93k....and that's bare bones.

I expect this car will start somewhere 20-25K south of $93 grand of the M5.

The BMW 550 at 445hp starts at $64,900. For similar pricing, the main competitor of the GSF will be the 550, which is by and far a lesser car IMHO.
Old 03-26-15, 08:45 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

One thing to consider as well. Formerly, if you wanted a Lexus F car......there used to be only a single option. Now there are 2 new and one old. Taking away much of that exclusivity and potential lack of supply.
Old 03-27-15, 02:20 PM
bentobob
Driver School Candidate

I am new to the ISF owner's club, about 2 months. I remembered when they first released it and was very baffled and excited when one entered my price range. I realize more F-type Lexus' are being released however I predict something similar to the 3rd Gen RX-7's and last gen of Supra will happen with this car. It was a major milestone in the company's production history and will likely keep it from depreciating all the way down.
Old 03-27-15, 02:50 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bentobob
I am new to the ISF owner's club, about 2 months. I remembered when they first released it and was very baffled and excited when one entered my price range. I realize more F-type Lexus' are being released however I predict something similar to the 3rd Gen RX-7's and last gen of Supra will happen with this car. It was a major milestone in the company's production history and will likely keep it from depreciating all the way down.
I bought my first MKIV Supra TT in 1999 w/ 45k miles for $17.5k. Mind you this was before FF came out. 15 years later, now all the Supra Turbos are around the $30k range for a 'decent' one with +100k miles. While I do hope and pray our ISF ends up like the Supra, I honestly doubt it will. The ISF really has no cult following(minus the owners), and the engine(unless something drastic happens) will always be limited to I/H/E...meaning no growth in power potential. The 2JZ-GTE engine and its endless potential is what made the Supra great.
Old 03-27-15, 04:50 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by bentobob
Both of the scenarios you listed were for a final version FI car. Supra could be boosted to 600+ hp with relative ease and floated around $20k for a while.

The ISF is the first of many F cars to come. What's the first gen Supra Turbo worth? Let's just say they're not appreciating haha.

I would agree with you if Lexus had decided to stop the F line of car altogether, but what they've done is kept the price similar and made more powerful better looking cars.

Without any other F cars to compete, the ISF has maintained value very well, but those days are numbered.

I hope I can pick up a reasonably priced used GSF. If prices really crash (low miles 30k range) I'd take a ISF

There are 193 listed on Autotrader right now nationwide. That number was in the 70s just a few months ago.

Last edited by JaponesV8; 03-27-15 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-27-15, 06:26 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
You're exactly correct. the M5 starts at 93k....and that's bare bones.

I expect this car will start somewhere 20-25K south of $93 grand of the M5.

The BMW 550 at 445hp starts at $64,900. For similar pricing, the main competitor of the GSF will be the 550, which is by and far a lesser car IMHO.
very very true, Gymkata has a good point lol.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-28-15, 12:36 AM
Levin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
Both of the scenarios you listed were for a final version FI car. Supra could be boosted to 600+ hp with relative ease and floated around $20k for a while.

The ISF is the first of many F cars to come. What's the first gen Supra Turbo worth? Let's just say they're not appreciating haha.

I would agree with you if Lexus had decided to stop the F line of car altogether, but what they've done is kept the price similar and made more powerful better looking cars.

Without any other F cars to compete, the ISF has maintained value very well, but those days are numbered.

I hope I can pick up a reasonably priced used GSF. If prices really crash (low miles 30k range) I'd take a ISF

There are 193 listed on Autotrader right now nationwide. That number was in the 70s just a few months ago.
I agree with you 100%. If the ISF was the only "F" car it would of held its value much more in the years to come. All the newer, cooler, better looking F cars will continue driving the price down.
Old 04-02-15, 04:07 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Prices seem to be dropping

2008 1 owner less than 55k miles for $32k offering price.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...93482518&Log=0

If I can't get a GSF for around $45K one owner sub 30k miles..... I'd take a 2011+ one owner sub 30k miles ISF for around $30k.