IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Questions about PPE headers and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-15 | 11:53 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Default Questions about PPE headers and exhaust

I'm thinking of upgrading with PPE headers. I definitely want to run cats.

From what I see, I will need a new up-pipe and have someone TIG weld the cats there.

My idea was to buy the mid section that PPE offers with cats already. Will this mate to the rest of the system or will I need anything else?

2. Someone said it's better to buy another set of 02 sensors and leave the factory ones inside the factory headers. Does that still stand?

Is 28 to 33 RWHP gain correct?

I guess I will either go headers first or wait and do the whole PPE headers and exhaust.

Let me know what you think.

Old 04-03-15 | 01:40 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
I'm thinking of upgrading with PPE headers. I definitely want to run cats.

From what I see, I will need a new up-pipe and have someone TIG weld the cats there.

My idea was to buy the mid section that PPE offers with cats already. Will this mate to the rest of the system or will I need anything else?

2. Someone said it's better to buy another set of 02 sensors and leave the factory ones inside the factory headers. Does that still stand?

Is 28 to 33 RWHP gain correct?

I guess I will either go headers first or wait and do the whole PPE headers and exhaust.

Let me know what you think.

28-33 RWHP is pretty accurate.. off topic but I have yet to find someone on this forum or on youtube running the PPE headers WITH the PPE exhaust...my cousin & Member here on clublexus under "TEAM ISF" has both PPE headers and exhaust that just arrived awaiting to get installed...I cant wait to hear and feel the gains!
Old 04-03-15 | 01:46 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Wow, those are awesome gains.
Old 04-03-15 | 02:11 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NarsISF
28-33 RWHP is pretty accurate.. off topic but I have yet to find someone on this forum or on youtube running the PPE headers WITH the PPE exhaust...my cousin & Member here on clublexus under "TEAM ISF" has both PPE headers and exhaust that just arrived awaiting to get installed...I cant wait to hear and feel the gains!
Me - Here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-muffler.html

Lou
Old 04-03-15 | 02:51 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by flowrider
Ok, so you order the midpipe with cats already, what about resonators, where do those come in?

I think I will wait and get the whole system at once. I bet the car becomes a violent monster with this.

My goal is to have a complete setup and not tear into the factory system. (so I can always re-install it if I need to)

So you're only running 2 cats at that point? not 4?

Last edited by 2URGSE; 04-03-15 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-03-15 | 03:17 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Are these resonators or cats or something else? Sorry just trying to understand all the pieces of this system. I come from a turbo car, so still learning more about NA stuff.

Old 04-03-15 | 04:01 PM
idoke1
Instructor

^^in that pic I believe are the resonators.
Old 04-03-15 | 06:47 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Are you looking at the PPE dual mode?

I have one also, stock header for now though - actually finalizing a video to show the forums along with a write up but probably won't post until next weekend. I can send you the video link though if you like - teaser watching on my home theater system the exhaust literally shook the floor

1800 watts does that but still it sounds really good
Old 04-03-15 | 06:48 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Originally Posted by redcrxsi

I have one also, stock header for now though - actually finalizing a video to show the forums along with a write up but probably won't post until next weekend. I can send you the video link though if you like - teaser watching on my home theater system the exhaust literally shook the floor

I have cats btw on the exhaust, that way when I have headers you don't have cut, weld etc. Just fully bolt on.
Old 04-03-15 | 08:41 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by redcrxsi

Please do share when possible.

Yes, I am looking to install the headers, cats and dual mode exhaust.

My biggest question is, do you end up with a total of 2 cats after everything said and done?
Old 04-03-15 | 10:12 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I'm assuming you read the link I posted above. The answer is maybe 2 cats, maybe none.

The stock exhaust manifolds contain the primary catalytic convertors, the stock exhaust contains the secondaries. When you replace the manifolds with headers, you lose the primary cats. When you replace the exhaust with any third party exhaust you lose the secondaries - except with the PPE system. On the PPE system, Hi-Flow Cats are an option. So depending on the exhaust system you choose or the option with PPE that you choose, you will end up with no cats or 2 Hi-Flow Cats.

My PPE systems has the catalytic converter option, so my exhaust system contains the 2 Hi-Flow cats.

Lou
Old 04-04-15 | 12:10 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^I'm assuming you read the link I posted above. The answer is maybe 2 cats, maybe none.

The stock exhaust manifolds contain the primary catalytic convertors, the stock exhaust contains the secondaries. When you replace the manifolds with headers, you lose the primary cats. When you replace the exhaust with any third party exhaust you lose the secondaries - except with the PPE system. On the PPE system, Hi-Flow Cats are an option. So depending on the exhaust system you choose or the option with PPE that you choose, you will end up with no cats or 2 Hi-Flow Cats.

My PPE systems has the catalytic converter option, so my exhaust system contains the 2 Hi-Flow cats.

Lou
I did look at the link, but your explanation here was clear.
Old 04-05-15 | 07:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

how much is the PPE exhaust system for the ISf with the valves and the switch?
Old 04-05-15 | 08:00 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
how much is the PPE exhaust system for the ISf with the valves and the switch?
$3,000 (dual mode with cats)

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=279