IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Does the Joe Z exhaust drone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-15, 10:58 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

He responded to me last night nut vanished after I asked about leaving the box without signature. Do you guys all have to sign for the box when it shows?? They usually leave my packages. When they dont I have to ride 23 miles into the ghetto to pick up my stuff and I dont think the box will fit in my car.

Does it require signature or do they leave the box?? Half the reason I was going to go with Borla is Amazon drops everything at the house.
Old 04-18-15, 11:16 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
He responded to me last night nut vanished after I asked about leaving the box without signature. Do you guys all have to sign for the box when it shows?? They usually leave my packages. When they dont I have to ride 23 miles into the ghetto to pick up my stuff and I dont think the box will fit in my car.

Does it require signature or do they leave the box?? Half the reason I was going to go with Borla is Amazon drops everything at the house.
When I recently bought it, Fedex just left it there. But when I bought the Sikky sway bar, UPS required sig.
Old 04-18-15, 11:39 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I8ABEAMER......JoeZ exhaust will fit in our ISF if you break it down....
Old 04-18-15, 11:53 AM
xaznx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lexicon72 thanks for the followup, esp with the wife comment as my wife doesn't know it bought an exhaust for the F. She thinks its already loud.
Old 04-18-15, 12:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I will order through ModinJapan. Even if I cant get the discounted shipping Im in AZ and they are in CA. Shouldn't be too steep.

Also was the group buy for better shipping because the only price I have ever seen was $1599??
Old 04-18-15, 01:18 PM
xaznx
Driver

I8ABMR, I just ordered mine on Thursday from Carsen Toyota. Luis is the internet parts manager and he was awesome to deal with, very knowledgeable and nice guy to work with. It was 1599 and 100 for shipping. I think the price is fixed, I saw the special from modinjapan also but still was trying to decide to make a purchase or not. The special was 1599 but 15 for shipping anywhere in the cont us.
Old 04-18-15, 07:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

^^so I guess the group buy was really to get a discount on shipping because they are $1599 all the time. I called Luis today and left a message. Modinjapan said they have a few too. Shipping was only $64 with them to my zip. Not sure who to go through. I just want to make sure I can have someone arrange to leave it without signature. Luis is off and Modinjapan is not answering my PMs. ugghh. Guess I have another 2 days to decide . Since I do regular track days I wanted the Joe Z because it has better quality connections. The slip pieces of the Borla worry me, although I really wanted the quieter exhaust
Old 04-18-15, 09:19 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 694 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by xaznx
lexicon72 thanks for the followup, esp with the wife comment as my wife doesn't know it bought an exhaust for the F. She thinks its already loud.
Puttin the Joe-z exhaust into your car is easy as pie! I managed to break them apart, put the midpipes in the trunk, and the axel back sections in the back seats and the passenger seat. & I have giant subs that take up half of my trunk haha.

^^so I guess the group buy was really to get a discount on shipping because they are $1599 all the time. I called Luis today and left a message. Modinjapan said they have a few too. Shipping was only $64 with them to my zip. Not sure who to go through. I just want to make sure I can have someone arrange to leave it without signature. Luis is off and Modinjapan is not answering my PMs. ugghh. Guess I have another 2 days to decide . Since I do regular track days I wanted the Joe Z because it has better quality connections. The slip pieces of the Borla worry me, although I really wanted the quieter exhaust
I advice going with ModinJapan, I went to Luis when I first got mine and not knowing about the forums I went to him and paid a lot more then $1599.. He charged my sales tax and all that too. When I worked with ModinJapan, he hooked it up better then Luis did.. I'll try to notify him to get back to you ASAP!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-19-15, 12:41 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

Hey sorry we aren't open on weekends, so i check my email from time to time and just noticed the PM. You got a response from PM.
Old 04-19-15, 09:36 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

I have PPE Headers and Joe-Z Exhaust.

At first when I installed the exhaust it was a lil louder than I expected (but then again I have the headers).

After putting some miles on the exhaust I can't live without it. Love the way it sounds at start up and idle.

WOT is orgasmic .......I have 2 boys, both 2 years old and they're madly in love with the car and sound...wife doesn't seem to mind anymore lol

What I've found helps is understanding how your car sounds at different RPMs and since I'm in manual mode 80% of the time I find I can select the right gear to keep the sound acceptable. It only drones slightly at 2~3k and only slightly.

I've had other exhausts on other cars and they were ridiculously droney, JoeZ isn't really droney to me.
Old 04-19-15, 01:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Puttin the Joe-z exhaust into your car is easy as pie! I managed to break them apart, put the midpipes in the trunk, and the axel back sections in the back seats and the passenger seat. & I have giant subs that take up half of my trunk haha.

I advice going with ModinJapan, I went to Luis when I first got mine and not knowing about the forums I went to him and paid a lot more then $1599.. He charged my sales tax and all that too. When I worked with ModinJapan, he hooked it up better then Luis did.. I'll try to notify him to get back to you ASAP!
Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Hey sorry we aren't open on weekends, so i check my email from time to time and just noticed the PM. You got a response from PM.
100% going to go with Modinjapan. He has sent me 2 PMs on the weekend. That says a lot about them. Probably going to just pay the additional shipping and get it here ASAP. I have travel plans and a day off coming up. I might need to drop a little extra cash to make it all work. LOL
Originally Posted by Defratos
I have PPE Headers and Joe-Z Exhaust.

At first when I installed the exhaust it was a lil louder than I expected (but then again I have the headers).

After putting some miles on the exhaust I can't live without it. Love the way it sounds at start up and idle.

WOT is orgasmic .......I have 2 boys, both 2 years old and they're madly in love with the car and sound...wife doesn't seem to mind anymore lol

What I've found helps is understanding how your car sounds at different RPMs and since I'm in manual mode 80% of the time I find I can select the right gear to keep the sound acceptable. It only drones slightly at 2~3k and only slightly.

I've had other exhausts on other cars and they were ridiculously droney, JoeZ isn't really droney to me.
Thanks for the reply buddy. I have been stressing the noise thing but when I look at the quality of the Joe Z my wife said I would an idiot if got the Borla considering the amount track time I do. My concern is the Borla loosening up or expanding with the extreme heat and rattling because the fit isnt perfect. I have a 3 and 4 year old. They dont ride with me but will in the future.
Old 04-20-15, 07:09 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

100% going to go with Modinjapan. He has sent me 2 PMs on the weekend. That says a lot about them. Probably going to just pay the additional shipping and get it here ASAP. I have travel plans and a day off coming up. I might need to drop a little extra cash to make it all work. LOL

Thanks for the reply buddy. I have been stressing the noise thing but when I look at the quality of the Joe Z my wife said I would an idiot if got the Borla considering the amount track time I do. My concern is the Borla loosening up or expanding with the extreme heat and rattling because the fit isnt perfect. I have a 3 and 4 year old. They dont ride with me but will in the future.

Old 04-21-15, 03:13 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

every speaks of drone, but i have absolutely no drone with my JoeZ

I installed a Takeda intake, which change the tone of the exhaust slightly so i will revert back shortly

oh and btw, its fits perfectly in the boot once out the box

Old 04-21-15, 06:25 AM
xianxian
Driver

I have joez intake and exhaust and there is no drone...

but I never stay in a low rpm... lol the 3500 and above is pretty intoxicating...
Old 04-21-15, 07:25 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Headers will change the sound of your exhaust dramatically

Quick Reply: Does the Joe Z exhaust drone?