IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

After about 4 months of looking and 190+ posts I finally got my F!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-15 | 01:19 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Thanks for the reply. I think an 8-9 hour drive would be my max as well. I'm considering either a GS350 or an LS460 when my CPO warranty expires on my ES350. In the meanwhile, I'm checking the forums on both models for things to watch for both good and bad. Though I'm already confident that Lexus is the best for my likes.
Old 06-07-15 | 01:37 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^Awesome, hope everything goes well in your search and you find one local so you don't have to drive very far.
Old 06-07-15 | 06:26 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

A road trip back home to start your F ownership- that must be a blast! It's definitely a great all-around vehicle, and wishing you many great years of pleasure with this one.
Old 06-07-15 | 06:44 PM
BluStreak1
Driver

Congrats! Beautiful car and the fastest color as well!! Lol...ironically the last car I bought was a CTS-V. I bought it in Kansas City and drove it back to Long Beach, to ship back to Honolulu...best drive yet! It must have been fun in the F!!
Old 06-07-15 | 09:23 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
A road trip back home to start your F ownership- that must be a blast! It's definitely a great all-around vehicle, and wishing you many great years of pleasure with this one.
It was a blast for sure, didn't have to deal with traffic, just 10 hours of highway driving through OK, TX, NM and finally CO.

Originally Posted by BluStreak1
Congrats! Beautiful car and the fastest color as well!! Lol...ironically the last car I bought was a CTS-V. I bought it in Kansas City and drove it back to Long Beach, to ship back to Honolulu...best drive yet! It must have been fun in the F!!
How funny, do you still have the F? Or did you replace it with the CTS-V? Yea that was quite a drive for you as well, considering you can't do drives like that in Hawaii. Talking about a versatile family hauler that's a sleeper to most people who see a Cadillac wagon until it leaves them inhaling the exhaust fumes of 556 HP!
Old 06-07-15 | 09:42 PM
BluStreak1
Driver

The F replaced the CTS-V...no regrets
Old 06-07-15 | 09:49 PM
zpletcher
Pit Crew

Smile

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I just picked it up yesterday and drove back home 814 miles I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the F after getting to know the vehicle over that many miles! I took a few test drives locally while looking but it didn't give me the impression that I got yesterday driving back home to Denver.

Not kidding just as I head out of OKC on I-40 west about 10 miles outside of the city I ran into a CTS-V wagon, he was going pretty slow just cruising and me, well I was going about 90 and I think the car sparked his curiosity as I passed him up, he immediately jumped behind me and started to follow me. I thought well that didn't take long so we played around on the highway for a few miles and in the end we exchanged thumbs up to each other and went on our way. By the way those CTS-V's are quick wagon or not I guess that what's you get with a S/C'd 556hp V8, I was impressed in how the F was able to hang with him and not get completely dusted

Overall the F did an average of 26mpg over 3 tanks of gas I was happy with that result as I mostly cruised around 90-95 the whole way back. The car was very quiet and had good road manners at those speeds. I was in the car for 10 hours and noticed that the vehicle wasn't a bad road trip car as I thought maybe otherwise. There were a few lonely stretches of highway where I got the car up to 130+ and thought I better slow down or the cows might wonder what passed them up

Anyhow just wanted to let you guys know I finally got one and only have one pic to share for now, but more to follow!
It is a fantastic car... Congratulations!!! I love mine..

I bought mine in Denver and had it shipped down here... to San Antonio....Sight unseen... From BMW dealer there...2102 ISF Nebula gray, Red Interior.. It turned out great...

Glad you replaced the ISF you lost in Denver with another one... Ha!!
Cheerio, Z
Old 06-07-15 | 10:09 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BluStreak1
The F replaced the CTS-V...no regrets
Ahh.... I see the other way around, cool glad to hear you don't regret that decision
Old 06-07-15 | 11:33 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

sheesh 800 + miles.. Must've been fun yet tiring! welcome to the F family.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-08-15 | 08:25 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Congrats and welcome to the F'amily
Old 06-08-15 | 12:47 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Grats. You've been posting regularly for so long I forgot you were still searching and didn't even have one yet!

I did a similar thing when I bought mine driving 1300 miles from Connecticut to Florida. No regrets and it was a memorable trip I'm sure I'll never forget.
Old 06-08-15 | 02:47 PM
Jgresch
Driver School Candidate

awesome color!
Old 06-08-15 | 05:39 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joshhleee
sheesh 800 + miles.. Must've been fun yet tiring! welcome to the F family.
Exactly how you said, it was fun and a blast but tiring towards the end and was glad I made it home without a hitch

Originally Posted by Sean
Grats. You've been posting regularly for so long I forgot you were still searching and didn't even have one yet!

I did a similar thing when I bought mine driving 1300 miles from Connecticut to Florida. No regrets and it was a memorable trip I'm sure I'll never forget.
Lol....I know there were a few guys on the forum here that thought I had an F already but I was just enjoying the community and learning about the F as the months went on as I was searching for the right one and situation

Geez I thought 800+ miles was long enough but 1300 that's a journey alright, did you do it in 2 days I'm assuming?
Old 06-08-15 | 10:18 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

nice man! love the color!
Old 06-08-15 | 10:44 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Congratulations USB a beautiful color 800 miles trip sounds awesome had mime 3 days already drove 600 miles and I bought it local in southern California .

Quick Reply: After about 4 months of looking and 190+ posts I finally got my F!!