IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

After about 4 months of looking and 190+ posts I finally got my F!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-15 | 07:32 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Congratulations USB a beautiful color 800 miles trip sounds awesome had mime 3 days already drove 600 miles and I bought it local in southern California .
Very cool The F is not my main car so I've been anxious to go drive it some more now that the weather is perfect for taking it for a night drive. I drive a Honda Odyssey during the day with my kids so the F feels like a rocket ship after I drive the van all day
Old 06-09-15 | 08:53 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Lol....I know there were a few guys on the forum here that thought I had an F already but I was just enjoying the community and learning about the F as the months went on as I was searching for the right one and situation

Geez I thought 800+ miles was long enough but 1300 that's a journey alright, did you do it in 2 days I'm assuming?
Yeah it was two days. I drove it another 1600 miles going to Key West and back 1 week later! I'm itching for another trip but don't have anything planned in the car. I should be going to Pensacola later this month though so that's something at least.
Old 06-09-15 | 08:56 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Very cool The F is not my main car so I've been anxious to go drive it some more now that the weather is perfect for taking it for a night drive. I drive a Honda Odyssey during the day with my kids so the F feels like a rocket ship after I drive the van all day
I also had an odyssey also now a sienna but wife drives that me only on weekends.
Old 06-09-15 | 09:19 AM
YotaLex
Driver

Originally Posted by swfla
Hi MileHighFcar, congrats on all the hard work of research paying off. A couple of questions about your search and decision making. Was the decision to go that far away based more on lack of local availability, cost or features? Would you travel that far again? Did you pay airfare or take a bus?
I'm retired, so I've got more time than money I'm in Fl, which is a large enough state to have several cities to choose from that are less than 6 hours drive. A one way rental car is about $120. But I'd consider going out of state in which case I'd probably want to fly or take a bus.
Anything you can share about your experience is appreciated.
Not to jump in, but a one way rental is how I went and got mine. I think it was $100 from Hertz, got a Dart. My search was based on Closest Availability and Lowest Mileage, that was it. I didn't care what color I got, I just wanted an F.

I went to a "wholesale dealer" in Charlotte the first trip, that was a total WASTE. The car didn't look anything like it did in pictures and had a milage tampering on Carfax. Ended up taking the rental back home (which doubled the price).

Next closest one, was a 08 SFP @ Lexus of Richmond. Under 40k on the ODO. 800 mile round trip, well worth it. Clean as a whistle and I was handled extremely well.
Old 06-09-15 | 10:46 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on the F