IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

After about 4 months of looking and 190+ posts I finally got my F!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-15, 08:51 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts
Default After about 4 months of looking and 190+ posts I finally got my F!!

I just picked it up yesterday and drove back home 814 miles I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the F after getting to know the vehicle over that many miles! I took a few test drives locally while looking but it didn't give me the impression that I got yesterday driving back home to Denver.

Not kidding just as I head out of OKC on I-40 west about 10 miles outside of the city I ran into a CTS-V wagon, he was going pretty slow just cruising and me, well I was going about 90 and I think the car sparked his curiosity as I passed him up, he immediately jumped behind me and started to follow me. I thought well that didn't take long so we played around on the highway for a few miles and in the end we exchanged thumbs up to each other and went on our way. By the way those CTS-V's are quick wagon or not I guess that what's you get with a S/C'd 556hp V8, I was impressed in how the F was able to hang with him and not get completely dusted

Overall the F did an average of 26mpg over 3 tanks of gas I was happy with that result as I mostly cruised around 90-95 the whole way back. The car was very quiet and had good road manners at those speeds. I was in the car for 10 hours and noticed that the vehicle wasn't a bad road trip car as I thought maybe otherwise. There were a few lonely stretches of highway where I got the car up to 130+ and thought I better slow down or the cows might wonder what passed them up

Anyhow just wanted to let you guys know I finally got one and only have one pic to share for now, but more to follow!
Attached Thumbnails After about 4 months of looking and 190+ posts I finally got my F!!-isf-pic-1.jpg  
Old 06-07-15, 09:03 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on finally getting your F. Great color! As you already found out on your long drive home, it's a great car!
Old 06-07-15, 09:06 AM
jay714
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freakin love that USB...congrats buddy!
Old 06-07-15, 09:06 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^Thx, I would have to agree with you on that, I was amazed with the vehicle on the way home!
Old 06-07-15, 09:09 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jay714
Freakin love that USB...congrats buddy!
Thx It was my wife who pushed me and convinced me into getting the USB (glad she did), she said that my last two cars were black and for me to try something different, at first I was only considering Obsidian, but in the end I'm glad I tried something different, it's my first non-black car to date
Old 06-07-15, 09:49 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats. Now, let the mods begin!!!
Old 06-07-15, 09:52 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^Lol.....I know my wallet is already going to be hurting thinking about what I want to do to it first.
Old 06-07-15, 10:44 AM
JNguyen228
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man.
Old 06-07-15, 10:45 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Welcome and congrats !
Old 06-07-15, 10:53 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

welcome to the club !! lol Many happy miles bud. I love the color and the wheel design . ( I have the same )
Old 06-07-15, 11:45 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats! Looks like you found a keeper!
Old 06-07-15, 11:51 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on a great car and Awesome color choice. Looking foward to more pics and reviews! Best of luck with it!
Old 06-07-15, 12:28 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,278 Likes on 987 Posts

Hi MileHighFcar, congrats on all the hard work of research paying off. A couple of questions about your search and decision making. Was the decision to go that far away based more on lack of local availability, cost or features? Would you travel that far again? Did you pay airfare or take a bus?
I'm retired, so I've got more time than money I'm in Fl, which is a large enough state to have several cities to choose from that are less than 6 hours drive. A one way rental car is about $120. But I'd consider going out of state in which case I'd probably want to fly or take a bus.
Anything you can share about your experience is appreciated.
Old 06-07-15, 01:05 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome and congrats in your new F. Get ready for countless smiles
Old 06-07-15, 01:08 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swfla
Hi MileHighFcar, congrats on all the hard work of research paying off. A couple of questions about your search and decision making. Was the decision to go that far away based more on lack of local availability, cost or features? Would you travel that far again? Did you pay airfare or take a bus?
I'm retired, so I've got more time than money I'm in Fl, which is a large enough state to have several cities to choose from that are less than 6 hours drive. A one way rental car is about $120. But I'd consider going out of state in which case I'd probably want to fly or take a bus.
Anything you can share about your experience is appreciated.
Yes, I made a decision to go out of state because of the lack of inventory here locally and when I really narrowed down the year I wanted + color there wasn't much here. I made a point of a 1,000 mile search area where I would be willing to fly to the destination and then drive back the next day. Anything further than that and I would have had to take into consideration the shipping costs for an enclosed transport as I didn't really want to drive the car back across country more than a thousand miles.

I flew out to Oklahoma City Friday did the deal and checked into the hotel and spent the day/night hanging out down in the Bricktown district just to relax and enjoy myself with the car and then hit the road Saturday morning around 10:30 and arrived back in Denver around 8:45.

My hotel was free as I had points racked up on a card I had so that worked out for the timing of this purchase. The weather worked out perfect in the mid-eighties on the way home, that made the drive enjoyable and scenic I would definitely do this again if the situation presented itself in the future.

Hope this helps

Are you looking for an F currently?

As I was driving back I thought to myself this car is a true sleeper and somewhat of an unknown in the automotive landscape, just not a lot of them out there.

Quick Reply: After about 4 months of looking and 190+ posts I finally got my F!!