IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-15, 09:08 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Rafi

Thanks for the response, All is GOOD. And thanks for your continual product improvements

I have sent you a PM requesting the new thumbscrews.

Lou
Old 08-25-15, 09:27 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

installed my v2 AOS this weekend. Still need to do my USRS.
Old 08-26-15, 01:19 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider

Another comment - The USRS parts are pretty heavy, and the Priority US Mail box the parts were sent in was pretty beat up. One of the corner seams had split and parts could have fallen out.

Lou

+1 on that Lou my box was also really beat up. my precious RR Racing sticker got ripped up during shipping
Old 09-02-15, 07:55 AM
roheel
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Rafi... Just sent you a PM re this.
Old 09-07-15, 02:36 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently installed my RRRacing intake and my RRRacing A/O seperator. The fit and finish on these items is spot on! Install was quick and nearly effortless. Thanks guys for putting out great performing and great looking parts for our platform.
Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator-63alyir.jpg
Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator-mthdbwh.jpg
Old 09-07-15, 09:41 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I also just installed the air oil separator. I gotta say I love it. WOT after WOT and the engine feels a lot more responsive. The only issue I had was when I was tugging on the pcv hose. The whole hose came out and putting the other end of the hose back into the pcv was a PITA.
Old 09-08-15, 02:39 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

BTW what do you guys do with the oil that is caught in the can? Dump it? or put it back into the engine?
Old 09-08-15, 02:57 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Defratos
BTW what do you guys do with the oil that is caught in the can? Dump it? or put it back into the engine?
I dump it. I'm starting to scale back very slightly on the amount of oil I put in the engine during an oil change.
Old 09-08-15, 08:18 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
I put it back in the engine, unless Rafi or somebody else says not to because it's bad for some reason?? I look at it as good oil still
Old 09-08-15, 11:08 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I put it back in the engine, unless Rafi or somebody else says not to because it's bad for some reason?? I look at it as good oil still

I would dump it. I don't have much because I barely drive/baby the damn thing. It has collected probably 2 tablespoons in the 2 months that I have had it. I just know its working and that is all that matters. I wouldn't put it back in just pour it down the sewage drain! kidding! Feed it to the annoying neighbors dog.
Old 09-08-15, 11:09 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blckbrd
I recently installed my RRRacing intake and my RRRacing A/O seperator. The fit and finish on these items is spot on! Install was quick and nearly effortless. Thanks guys for putting out great performing and great looking parts for our platform.

I love the white cover. I really want to purcahse one as I have the SFP and I feel it would accent the car.

LMK if you ever wanted to trade.
Old 09-08-15, 11:54 AM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

if you were closer to CA, i would def trade you...
Old 09-10-15, 04:13 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,387 Likes on 638 Posts

I ordered the the USRS and the AOS and received them Friday. I'm in Arizona, so it's really hot here. Debating wether I should wait on the USRS (I don't have a lift, only ramps) but, I installed the AOS yesterday. My Comments.

1. Engine bay is pretty crowded, so the place RR chose for the mounting is probably the best spot.

2. The reservoir is pretty small, wish it was a bit bigger. And needing to remove it with a hex key to empty it means I'll need to carry an extra hex key in the car. Wish there was a better way to empty, though I don't know what it would be.

3. The beauty cover on the driver's side needs to be removed during installation.

4. RR should have supplied a hose clamp for the location I have shown with the arrow on the attached pic. I couldn't reuse the stock hose clamp, it was flimsy and I couldn't make it fit.

Other than the comments above the unit seems to be a quality product and it's built to last.

I have attached two pics. first with the engine cover off. Second with the cover on.

Another comment - The USRS parts are pretty heavy, and the Priority US Mail box the parts were sent in was pretty beat up. One of the corner seams had split and parts could have fallen out.

Lou
Thank you Lou for bringing the slight packing problem to our attention. You got me worried, and I surveyed several customers - no one else seemed to have a problem with USPS boxes/shipping. However, we will start taping the edges of the boxes as well to hopefully avoid your experience.

-- Simon
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-10-15, 07:56 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,340 Posts

^^^^I'm not the only one. See Post #168 above:

Originally Posted by imp0rted1
+1 on that Lou my box was also really beat up. my precious RR Racing sticker got ripped up during shipping
BTW, I have not received the replacement Thumb Screws promised by Rafi (Post #165) over two weeks ago:

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Regarding the bolts that hold the AOS to the mounting bracket, we have a new solution (shown below) and for anyone who received the first few V2 AOS's, we will gladly send you the thumb screws which allow you to easily remove the canister without tools. Please email us and we will send you the new thumb screws later this week.

-Rafi
Lou
Old 09-10-15, 09:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator

^^^^I'm not the only one. See Post #168 above:BTW, I have not received the replacement Thumb Screws promised by Rafi (Post #165) over two weeks ago:Lou
Keep complaining and someone might put you on a "Do Not Sell To" list .

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator