I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Curious too. Any pics
Old 11-13-16, 06:32 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I have owned my RC F for several months and I just learned about this. I'll be checking my intake for oil in short order. I don't track my car but I drive it hard on a daily basis. If I need a catch can I'm not going to be happy. Lexus has had years to resolve this issue...
Old 11-13-16, 06:59 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

the dual radium can looks like this installed on the RC-F. I'm probably going to do this route because of the blue on RR racing is not a color i would like in my engine bay. it looks like a pasty baby blue or something.

Old 11-13-16, 07:22 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah, if I end up doing this I'll be going that route. One reason being that I have to cut my engine cover for the RR Racing option. I noticed your engine cover has been cut too. But I see that it is possible to route around it if one chooses.
Old 11-14-16, 09:44 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Curious too. Any pics
I have the Air/Oil Separator and like it. The blue color tubing isn't bad actually and matches the F logo color on the engine cover. Been driving the car fairly hard on the street and have not accumulated any oil yet.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 11-14-16, 01:14 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I installed RR's Air/Oil Seperator last spring. No oil in it after approx. 1k miles of driving including 27 runs at the strip & wot runs to set the kclv.

I always make sure to check the thumb screws holding the canister to the bracket whenever I'm under the hood.

The RR unit has an external gauge and no tools are required for removal.

The Radium unit looks cool, though, for those that care.
Old 11-15-16, 05:25 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is mine installed with the tuned intake, rarely drive mines so its a bit dusty...
Old 11-22-16, 09:25 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
the dual radium can looks like this installed on the RC-F. I'm probably going to do this route because of the blue on RR racing is not a color i would like in my engine bay. it looks like a pasty baby blue or something.

This is actually one of the installs I did.
Old 11-22-16, 12:34 PM
JDM-V8FL
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i have one for sale if anyone is interested

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...g-aos-kit.html
Old 11-29-16, 10:21 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,387 Likes on 638 Posts

A few notes regarding some of the comments in this thread:

(1) If you are not getting accumulation of oil in your RR Racing AOS, it is likely because you are not getting the oil hot enough, and are not driving hard enough (combination of high rpm and high G cornering).
(2) NUMEROUS customers have shown massive accumulation of oil in our AOS at the track -- using various oils -- the AOS works for its intended purpose, and is proven to work.
(3) If you do not track your car, or do not drive your car hard enough to ever see 5 bars on the oil temp light, you likely do not need an AOS of any kind.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
Bavarian (12-17-16), caymandive (04-29-23)
Old 11-29-16, 10:42 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

(1) If you are not getting accumulation of oil in your RR Racing AOS, it is likely because you are not getting the oil hot enough, and are not driving hard enough (combination of high rpm and high G cornering).
(2) NUMEROUS customers have shown massive accumulation of oil in our AOS at the track -- using various oils -- the AOS works for its intended purpose, and is proven to work.
(3) If you do not track your car, or do not drive your car hard enough to ever see 5 bars on the oil temp light, you likely do not need an AOS of any kind.

-Rafi

I've seen oil on the port in the throttle body on my car. i drive hard a few times a week, but haven't hit the track yet besides the drag strip. I think it'll be beneficial regardless if you track or not, at least in my case it would help. I'm curious to see what kind of results I get with daily driving.
Old 11-29-16, 11:07 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joker4096
I've seen oil on the port in the throttle body on my car. i drive hard a few times a week, but haven't hit the track yet besides the drag strip. I think it'll be beneficial regardless if you track or not, at least in my case it would help. I'm curious to see what kind of results I get with daily driving.
Having dealt with a lot of IS-F's, I find that there is a huge variabilty in how people drive the street. I have seem some actually fill their AOS's in street driving in 300-400 miles, and to me that is insane because even when I drive on the street tuning and pushing it I do not manage to fill it that quickly! Some people drive it and get maybe 5-6 tbsp in 1000 miles of driving, it varies.

Rafi

Old 11-29-16, 11:13 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

-Rafi
Forgot to mention a few thoughts I had on that custom Radium setup.

(1) There is no reason to add a catch can to the valve cover breathers... just using an external breather as we do is more than sufficient. Even after 2 years of track abuse, our filter is still clean because most of the vapors simply condense in the hose and leak back down. The scavenge pumps in the heads are very effective. and

(2) Other than the added cost of the Radium setup ($300 without connections/tubing) one thing to consider is that you would have to disconnect a bunch of screws and permanent tube connections to empty it. When you are at the track, that is a big inconvenience, IMO, as most of our customers find that they are nearly filling the AOS every 20-30 minutes of track time, especially on a hot day. Our AOS made to be easily removed with 2 thumb screws and all the oil lines use quick connect fittings.

(3) I do not see how the radium can is more effective than our AOS. Looking at their website, the internals look to be pretty much an empty can. If you look below, our AOS has a venturi generator that spins the incoming vapors causing them to condense on the walls of the can, and also features a metal sponge filter -- and its 1/2 the price of an empty can

-Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 11-29-16 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 12:01 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-Rafi

I have this setup. Was one of my first mods. I rarely drive my car hard and most of the time baby it. I still accumulate oil. Just takes 6 months before it reaches a quarter of the way. I would recommend this to anyone. Recirculated oil is never good. Thanks for the great mods. Taxes will be buying header, tune and tuned intake. Look forward to the gains. Keep making great stuff Rafi!!!
Old 11-29-16, 11:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Has anyone done a UOA on the contents of the AOS? I really doubt it is pure oil. If it were, I'd see a lower oil level after a track weekend. I have yet to observe this.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator