IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-15, 08:43 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
I definitely wouldn't recommend a GTR. Too big/wide of a car and much harsher than the F. Good luck parallel parking a GTR
I like the m4. My only gripes are longevity and the engine/exhaust note.
Can't lie that the 08 Fs drive harshly. But the exhaust note is enough for me to love this car even if I replace the coilovers with lead blocks.
I'd stick around with the F for a little while longer just to see if the aftermarket brings anhthing new
surprisingly, the 2012 GTR drives much smoother than my F. louder drivetrain but feels solid. also the v8 r8 was smooth. both ive driven same day back to back on the same roads i drive now. The F did much better before on stock bushings with worn tires than with the RR bushings and new michelin PSS im running now. my tires are finally wearing evenly in the front but the NVH is bad . i literally feel every crack and bump in the road. It wasn't like this with the smooth perfect roads we had in NC.
Old 12-09-15, 08:52 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

That's weird. I don't notice any difference in comfort or nvh? Mainly a bit tighter steering feel and better braking feel. On Mpss tires too
Old 12-10-15, 04:48 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F

Hi Rafi, woild it be possible for those of us who drive in more of urban environment aka concrete jungle lol to create perhaps three levels a street 90duro, a street&track 95duro, and a full on race at whatever level you set.

It seems like large percentage of ISF drivers use them as DD like me. I commute from a suburb of New York City and drive 5 days week down to 34th street in midtown Manhattan using some pretty rough roads, expansion joints on highways and bridges raise plows, potholes, uneven road surfaces you name it.

For those of us who drive in more of urban environment and use our car's as a daily driver a less aggressive 90 duro would work well I think it would be a great compromise between performance and comfort it would still be a vast improvement over OEM set up.

Thanks again for all your great work
If you still want the benefit of upgraded LCA bushings (even tire wear), but prefer something a bit softer, I believe FIGS still offers 80 & 90 duro versions. I have the 90 duro version on my car (purchased in the spring just prior to RR Racing's product announcement).

I'd be willing to trade mine for the USRS! Go ahead & buy them & we can swap

-Mike
Old 12-10-15, 08:25 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
That's weird. I don't notice any difference in comfort or nvh? Mainly a bit tighter steering feel and better braking feel. On Mpss tires too
I agree about the USRS bushings. I noticed first and foremost the better braking feel over the steering response, but steering does feel better compared to stock bushings for sure

But as far as NVH I really didn't notice too much more over stock to tell you the truth. Now that I just installed Swift Springs in combination with the USRS bushings I can feel more of the road for sure, but it feels more connected now with the springs and seems to handle better
Old 12-10-15, 08:39 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
move over herer to chicago and some of the worst roads and let me know how you the difference is.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 12-10-15 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-10-15, 09:43 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
move over hear to chicago and some of the worst roads and let me know how you the diff is.
I need to stay here in SoCal so I can drive the F year round 😜 haha
Old 12-10-15, 11:49 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The difference I ntoiced in NVH would be equal to adding 3-4 lbs of pressure to your tires. No biggie.

The Joe Z exhaust, on the other hand, has absolutely created some buzzing when I start up the car cold . But it is what it is
Old 12-10-15, 06:16 PM
cwajciec
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The difference I ntoiced in NVH would be equal to adding 3-4 lbs of pressure to your tires. No biggie.

The Joe Z exhaust, on the other hand, has absolutely created some buzzing when I start up the car cold . But it is what it is
I noticed that buzzing after gutting my cats. It only happens in cold start above 1500rpm. Strange noise that I initially thought was an exhaust leak. But it must be the exhaust pinging off the headers or something.
Old 12-12-15, 02:40 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

No buzzing from my PPE Headers & Joe-Z just an amazing sound...as for the USRS haven't really noticed anything when I had it installed. Several months down the line I feel a bit of NVH but I can't put that down to the bushes, unless with time they get even stiffer, which could be possible.
Old 12-13-15, 02:14 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,405 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
No buzzing from my PPE Headers & Joe-Z just an amazing sound...as for the USRS haven't really noticed anything when I had it installed. Several months down the line I feel a bit of NVH but I can't put that down to the bushes, unless with time they get even stiffer, which could be possible.
Hi... they definitely do not stiffen with time. Some of the older tech polyurethane used to sag with time, but that's another issue.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 12-13-15, 03:40 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is NVH?
Old 12-13-15, 04:12 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by AshyAnklez
What is NVH?
Noise, Vibration & Harshness.
Old 12-13-15, 04:40 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Originally Posted by Rickna
Noise, Vibration & Harshness.
Thank you.
Old 12-13-15, 05:01 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I agree about the USRS bushings. I noticed first and foremost the better braking feel over the steering response, but steering does feel better compared to stock bushings for sure

But as far as NVH I really didn't notice too much more over stock to tell you the truth. Now that I just installed Swift Springs in combination with the USRS bushings I can feel more of the road for sure, but it feels more connected now with the springs and seems to handle better
I was looking at adding the swift springs and the USRS. Can you tell me if it is worth the mod? My car is stock and I hate the way it feels so loose compared to my oh so beloved which will be MISSED e46 M3. I was told to square up my wheels for better handling as well. I just would like better feel of the road. Come to think of it seems like as soon as I got the F I felt that I needed to practice driving with the car. It seems like the USRS addresses this issue.
Old 12-13-15, 05:32 PM
Greatest
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AshyAnklez
Thank you.
It's a blessing no one ordered you to search.

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.