IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 02:02 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesISF
Which part is thrust washer and poly bushing are you talking about for the gauge feeler? Please clarify and torques spec for those bolts. Thanks!
between this washer and red bushing. there is no torque spec. follow the instructions above.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 07-08-15 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-08-15, 08:31 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

any members interested in me making a better and easy to follow/understand DIY on this? Mine was suppose to be delivered today but i wasn't in town. so i might install it tomorrow or friday.

Ive been working on cars for a long time now, there are certain things new people can do and somethings left to the professionals. but for this, its pretty easy as long as you are a normal strength guy.

I think RR racing's post scared a lot of you guys because of the terminology. for a seasoned DIY guy, his post was understandable. for the rest, it sounds like something you want a shop to do. but i would say this is step above an oil change and i can list exactly what to buy in terms of tools/grease.
Old 07-08-15, 08:45 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts

Do these effect the ride quality in terms or any added harshness or noise?

Also is there any squeaking that may occur if not properly greased?
Old 07-08-15, 08:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
Do these effect the ride quality in terms or any added harshness or noise?

Also is there any squeaking that may occur if not properly greased?
This is what I am trying to find out as well. I have a set on order but am just waiting for a member to elaborate.

The bushing comes pregreased so it should be ok. Rafi said in the 12 months of testing they had no issues with noise or squeaks.
Old 07-08-15, 09:18 PM
Lexgendboi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With aftermarket parts replacement, our ride wont be comfy as it used to be in oem form but these parts will bring out the best of our car for certain designated scenarios. Right after the installation, i can feel every rock on the road during my drive back home. I then readjusted the compression on my coils and the ride is great now. I also noticed the car is much more stable when driving through a metal grid section of a draw bridge, even when it rains.
Old 07-09-15, 02:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

How does the steering wheels feel ?? Any vibrations or just more of the feel from the road ( meaning feeling more of the imperfections )??? Thanks for the reply.

Looking forward to getting mine installed
Old 07-09-15, 02:28 PM
Lexgendboi
Driver

Steering feel a bit heavier/ tight but sharp and responsive like on the 335i. Made you feel like you're driving a 2 doors sport car. Because the bushings are 95 duro, it is hard, so you will feel the road surface. The OEM bushings are very soft and rubber like. They absorbed any vibration and flex too much causing steering delay or less responsive. Highway speed VERY stable. Some one mentioned our car is too heavy for autocross. Well, install these and have the proper tires then you'll think twice Anyone else who had these installed, please chime in and share your opinion as i would like to know what else these bushings can do. I only drive my F in the weekend minus rainy days(vented cf hood lol) so i dont think i've explored the most out of them yet.
Old 07-09-15, 07:04 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Just installed mine tonight. Word of warning, the 17mm bolt that holds the far side of the bracket is really close to your header/cat. Be very careful if you didn't let the car cool off for a few hours.
Old 07-10-15, 12:35 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Just installed mine tonight. Word of warning, the 17mm bolt that holds the far side of the bracket is really close to your header/cat. Be very careful if you didn't let the car cool off for a few hours.
Good tip!

Amazing how easily you can lose a bunch of skin on a red hot exhaust part!

Let us know your thoughts once you've had some time to test the new bushings.
Old 07-10-15, 05:52 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Those that have installed this recently:

1: Have you gotten the car aligned with these bushings?

2: How far were your specs out of alignment after the install?

Trying to determine how quickly I need to get it in the shop to get it aligned. Thanks
I installed the FIGS bushings myself. Since I had an alignment done just a month before, plus car was tracking nice & straight on test drive, I didn't feel the need to rush back in for an alignment. I figured I'd just keep an eye on front tire wear. YMMV.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9084037

-Mike
Old 07-10-15, 08:13 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,405 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
between this washer and red bushing. there is no torque spec. follow the instructions above.

Thank you ISFPOWER, I've been busy on the next 2 products we will introduce shortly:-)

Regarding the 0.020" feeler gage, you SHOULD NOT be able to do this:
Attached Thumbnails Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.-2015-06-25-18.30.16.jpg  
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-10-15, 06:37 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm still waiting for mine. I can't wait to install these on my car!

Last edited by ISF_GG; 07-10-15 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-10-15, 10:57 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

installed mine earlier today. i drove on the exact same roads i take to work and back to really know how diff it is. here will be my quick review. mind you, i have the 95 duro bushings.

there is definitely more chassis vibration. my steering wheel doesn't shake, my pedals doesn't shake but you can feel it in your butt if that makes sense. almost as if your rear tires are really out of balance but for the front of the car. i drove the car on many diff types of roads. driving slower on bad roads, the car feels rough, stiff, more interior rattle , the usual road imperfections i usually drive on feel much more harsh when hitting them. little imperfections feel more dramatic...a lot more.

On smooth roads, feels exactly the same the same. can't tell i changed out anything. smooth/quiet.

mind you, my front tires are bald on the inside. thats how soft the oem bushings were. my bald tires were smooth and quiet with the oem bushings, and kept all of the NVH to non existent.

I have new michelin super sports in the closet all around that will be installed with a new alignment. My camber right now is about 1.4-1.8 front rear is .08-1.0. so its def getting contact patch on the road. also like Rafi said, when he put his on, he had vibrations in his steering but after he balanced the tires out, it went away. basically, if you have any pre-existing problems, they will be apparent with the new bushings.

the good things are that bump steer is almost all gone. feels great on freeway going fast. steering feels a bit heavier in a good way. more solid. and mine was already solid to begin with. steering response is better, corning feels better but most importantly BRAKING feels sooo much better. stops hard and quick and steering wheels stays straight like an arrow. i haven't had that feeling since the first day i put lowering springs on my stock F. since then it slowly went downhill on the braking.

Im going to make another review when i actually have all new tires that are suppose to be quiet and sticky tires. also my alignment has to be off because ive been playing with the height settings a lot lately on my coils while waiting for these bushings to come in. I think my negatives are due to my bald front tires and alignment is off.
Old 07-12-15, 06:27 AM
sraban
Driver School Candidate

Default USRS Color Survey!

Hi Guys!

We are glad that the RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) has been such a success and received so many good reviews. We are now backordered on this product, but no worries we are making new ones as fast as possible.

Before we finish the next lot of USRSs, we would like to make a quick survey. You noticed that we black anodized our bushing housings. Some people expressed an interest in IS-F like blue anodized color. Since we cannot make both colors, we would like to get your feedback what color would you prefer.

Please respond on this thread or send us a private message.

Thank you again!
-- Simon, RR Racing Manufacturing&Operations
Old 07-12-15, 08:23 AM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I got mine a few days ago can't wait to get the car back from the body shop

Last edited by eddyisf; 07-12-15 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.