IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-15, 06:24 AM
Lexgendboi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marn, did they tell you how much the alignment was off?
Old 07-19-15, 09:09 AM
Marn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexgendboi
Marn, did they tell you how much the alignment was off?
it didnt change after the install.
Old 07-19-15, 11:43 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Marn how does the car feel ? We need some feed back
Old 07-19-15, 02:41 PM
Marn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Marn how does the car feel ? We need some feed back

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
I can answer your question. I got the RRRacing USRS bushings installed today. First thing I noticed was, there is no harshness, and no vibration in the steering wheel, just instant steering response. Turn the wheel, and the car reacts instantly, smoothly. It is amazing how much improvement there is in the steering responsiveness!
There is absolutely no noise from the RRRacing bushing when driving
this.

i also balanced my front wheels as RR-Racing suggested.

im on swift springs front and rear

honestly.. i cant tell the difference in ride quality so that is a plus to me. maybe the roads i drive on are smooth but i cant feel any increased NVH.
Old 07-19-15, 03:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the input. I was actually going to have them rebalance all 4 and do an alignment with the standard service
Old 07-19-15, 03:48 PM
stevepanda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome, and thanks for the review. When I get my next ISF, thinking about this mod
Old 07-19-15, 10:30 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
there is no harshness, and no vibration in the steering wheel, just instant steering response. Turn the wheel, and the car reacts instantly, smoothly. It is amazing how much improvement there is in the steering responsiveness!

Originally Posted by Marn
honestly.. i cant tell the difference in ride quality so that is a plus to me. maybe the roads i drive on are smooth but i cant feel any increased NVH.
I just installed these today with DC Guy and I would have to agree with the quotes above on the steering & NVH.

What I noticed the most was the stability and the braking feel The car feels great when you brake and the unsettling and numb feeling that you would get from braking hard, or from braking at high speed is gone! Fantastic Mod!
Old 07-19-15, 11:20 PM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

^ agreed installed mine 2 days ago the feeling of the car when braking at any speed changed 100%
I'm in love with the car again ...you do feel imperfections in the road more but i don't mind i like the sports are feel ..i also installed a strut bar and i feel more confident turning corners fast i feel the car is more balanced with the addition of both items

i would recommend this to anyone looking to get it...you won't regret it
Old 07-20-15, 10:02 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper21
I haven't read thru the Figs review in a while, but going off memory I do not recall so many people talking about how the steering and overall feel of the car around corners dramatically improved. It was mostly about the how inner tire wear would be dramatically reduced. Could be just a coincidence. After reading thru this thread it seems like these USRS bushings will both improve steering response and reduce inner tire wear.
I noticed a difference in feel/response (mostly under braking) with the Figs bushings. It's been so long now, that I'd have to drive a car with this USRS set to see if there is a significant difference.

What's certain, is that either upgrade benefits over the factory bushings.
Old 07-20-15, 02:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

my oil maintenance light came on this morning so I booked an appt for tomorrow morning. I am getting alignment and balance also. I mentioned the catch can to the SA and he didn't know what it was lol.
Old 07-20-15, 04:32 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
my oil maintenance light came on this morning so I booked an appt for tomorrow morning. I am getting alignment and balance also. I mentioned the catch can to the SA and he didn't know what it was lol.
Are SA(s) just salesmen...?
Old 07-20-15, 04:45 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

After a few days of driving with the new bushing I'm noticing a lot of noise on low speed bumps. Pops and clunks.. Anyone else noticing this?
Old 07-20-15, 06:23 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Installed mine with MileHIFcar on sunday. Main things i noticed, steering was a bit tighter, braking hard feels incredibly more stable, with the factory bushings the back end feels like its about to come off the ground, throw a corner in, with heavy braking is just about scary as hell. So glad this has remedied the situation. During hard acceleration, i feel the car stays more forward in "attack mode" without as much front end lift and added stability. The extra control has made more room for comfort when I get a wild hair you know where. Overall, great mod especially for those who track their car. I personally wouldn't consider it night and day for say... but, given my bushings only have 13k on them, I would assume they get worse and worse over time, and some may have that incredible difference. Quality built product, great price, lifetime warranty, Simon and Rafi are always there with outstanding customer service and the itch for improving the F. As you know, not many are investing too much time given the small F crowd. Hats off to RR Racing. Great mod. Thank you!
Old 07-20-15, 08:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jum3
Are SA(s) just salesmen...?
Actually this SA is an ex benz mechanic. So he should know a thing or two.
Old 07-20-15, 09:01 PM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by imp0rted1
After a few days of driving with the new bushing I'm noticing a lot of noise on low speed bumps. Pops and clunks.. Anyone else noticing this?
Did you tighten all the bolts to spec ...you should lift her up and check that everything is nice and tight

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.